EA Forums - Banner

EASHL 3's Penalty Discussion

Tonyfereli
83 posts Game Changer
I was thinking I should make a thread on how penalties should be handled in EASHL 3 on 3. Currently, a penalty results in a power play with an AI that takes to the ice as an extra man. After the penalty is over, the game is played 4 on 4 until the the next whistle. The same goes for a 5 on 3.

I'd like to know your thoughts on it, as right now it is authentic to NHL rules. Would you like to see another way penalties can be handled? And if so how would you want it to be?

One option is to Opt to a penalty shot like THREES currently has.
Tonyferelli | NHL Gamechanger | twitch.tv/tonyferelli

Replies

• Keep it authentic and separate from a Threes. Penalties are rarely taken in Threes so the penalty shot is rarely seen.
  • murderMAX10
    87 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    just commented on another post about this. it doesn feel like power play when you get one bot that is only in your way. 3vs4 with one **** bot does not give any advantage to your team. 2vs3 and 1vs3 would have been way better imo. 2vs3 you really have to collapse to the net, block shot and defend like you would real penalty. not wait in the blueline for a breakaway.
  • I kind of like it at 4v3 with the bot coming on. It would be too easy to rag the pack if it was 3v2.
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    I kind of like it at 4v3 with the bot coming on. It would be too easy to rag the pack if it was 3v2.

i dont know about that. sure it would be easier than 3vs4. but penalties have been joke in this game for many years, where you almost see as many shorthanded goals as you do powerplay goals.
  • I'd rather see 3v2 and 3v1 personally.