EA Forums - Banner

Beta Auto-Backskate

Has anyone else noticed that this seems to be somewhat improved this year? Not sure if it's just me, but when I had it on for a few games, I noticed my player being much more able to keep himself pointed up the ice, even while moving horizontally. Curious if anyone else noticed this.

Replies

• BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    didn't play one game with auto-backskate.

i turn that off every release.

it's the pancake breakfast. we do it every month.
  • I realize that, but sometimes you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and say "When in Rome...".

In all seriousness, I just happened to forget to turn it off for the first couple games, and was sort of impressed with how mobile my defenseman was while still facing up ice. With it off, even holding L2 didn't seem to have that same mobility. Wondering if there is something else going on when it's enabled.
  • autoback skate has always been much better experience... except when it's not lol.
  • nickythewop
    451 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    SaveUs2K wrote: »

Exactly lol. Who actually trusts an auto-backskate feature that's made by the same people who make the skating in general lol?

That's just a poor life choice if you do.

Man, you guys are hilarious. Three replies all putting it down without even trying it. I played a few games and it felt a lot better than I remembered, so I wanted to see what others thought. I'm fine with hating on EA, but at least give it a shot before making your mind up on it.
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »

Exactly lol. Who actually trusts an auto-backskate feature that's made by the same people who make the skating in general lol?

That's just a poor life choice if you do.

Man, you guys are hilarious. Three replies all putting it down without even trying it. I played a few games and it felt a lot better than I remembered, so I wanted to see what others thought. I'm fine with hating on EA, but at least give it a shot before making your mind up on it.

oh it may be "better", but i don't DO AUTO, PAL!
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    the pivots are much smoother and more realistic, with or without the autoback skate
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • DeejNYLV
    317 posts Member
    SaveUs2K wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    the pivots are much smoother and more realistic, with or without the autoback skate

Defensive pivots are worse lol...can I have what you're smoking? Maybe I'd stop seeing all of the blatant flaws this game has.

It would be difficult for you to stop "seeing" the flaws, since you have already decided what they are beforehand.
  • IceLion68
    1624 posts Member
    These things are not mutually exclusive btw.

FWIW, I think its possible the pivots are both more realistic and "worse" if the realism limits your mobility which IMO seems to be the case.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.