EA Forums - Banner

3s concerns

kezz123
600 posts Member
You can either join 3s from the eashl quickmatch where you cant play with a goalie but at least you can have 3v3 humans
'
or you can go the arcade way but apparently only 1v1 human players in 3v3...

why?

Replies

• what are you talking about?
  • what are you talking about?

• kezz123
    600 posts Member
    When you join 3s via eashl hub....you can only join as forward or d. Thats issue #1

When you join the regular 3v3 mode its pretty much versus but in 3v3. (using a nhl team instead of be a pro player) but it seems (might be wrong) like the ice is smaller and the game is a little more arcade.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    When you join 3s via eashl hub....you can only join as forward or d. Thats issue #1

When you join the regular 3v3 mode its pretty much versus but in 3v3. (using a nhl team instead of be a pro player) but it seems (might be wrong) like the ice is smaller and the game is a little more arcade.

Because 6 on 6 hockey is 12 players on the ice and 3v3 is 6 players on the ice. 3v3 is arcade that is the whole point.

If you want to play 3's then you need to play 6 on 6.
  • yeah, didnt quite understand what you meant. trees mode is not just little bit more arcade. its ridiculously more arcade. and yes it works similarly as versus regarding matchmaking.
    and its dumb that you cant play as a goalie in 3s drop-ins.

ps you can invite friends and play couch co-op in trees as well.
  • yeah, didnt quite understand what you meant. trees mode is not just little bit more arcade. its ridiculously more arcade. and yes it works similarly as versus regarding matchmaking.
    and its dumb that you cant play as a goalie in 3s drop-ins.

ps you can invite friends and play couch co-op in trees as well.

He wants to play 3v3 without arcade in the full name it needs to be labelled better , Right now 3on 3 arcade drop in is dead. I can't find one game with 6 players.

Because people want the real game with 6 players.

3 on 3 will be a flop online in the full game in all modes.
  • 3 on 3 in eanhl isn't arcade not sure what you're talking about
  • I think what he means is that he is wondering why NHL THREES doesn't have a "Drop-in" experience where you can use your created pro, and match up with 5 other people from 5 different locations to play a game.

Threes can play with 6 humans 3v3, but to play coop you have to invite people to play over PSN or Xbox Live. Game invites are disabled for the Beta so coop is a little limited for the time being, but it will be fully accessible in the full game.

Threes doesn't have a drop-in sort of system with created pro because its not part of EASHL
  • Am I the only one who understands this dude? The hell's wrong with everyone.

Yeah, it's crazy dumb you cant 3v3 with human goalies in EASHL. Not entirely sure why they left that out. You can't group match-make 3v3 with human goalies in EASHL either. The only way to play 3v3 with human goalies and your created pro in the beta is through club. My only hope now is that they allow it for the full release
  • Follisimo
    1033 posts Member
    I think what he means is that he is wondering why NHL THREES doesn't have a "Drop-in" experience where you can use your created pro, and match up with 5 other people from 5 different locations to play a game.

Threes can play with 6 humans 3v3, but to play coop you have to invite people to play over PSN or Xbox Live. Game invites are disabled for the Beta so coop is a little limited for the time being, but it will be fully accessible in the full game.

Threes doesn't have a drop-in sort of system with created pro because its not part of EASHL

Would be awesome if they add 4's Club Challenge in EASHL.

• EASHL three on three isn't dead, at least in club. I'm sure most teams will run the "either" option if they have three or less skaters.

What is kind of wack is how you rank up faster in 3 on 3 then regular EASHL. You get a point on pretty much every goal and it's not hard to smack a ram with 7+ goals.

I'm aware you rank up faster if you play full 6 matches but there isn't distinguish between 3 on 3 and 4 on 4 or 5 on 5. Just three and 6
  • kezz123
    600 posts Member
    I think what he means is that he is wondering why NHL THREES doesn't have a "Drop-in" experience where you can use your created pro, and match up with 5 other people from 5 different locations to play a game.

I feel like both 3s mode (arcade and eashl) are lacking in one way or the other.

I can play arcade with fancy ice/lightshow but im limited to play with a nhl team instead of a be a pro skater and cannot really team with people to play goalie and other positions unless I couch coop or invite people online I guess? But then there will be no unlocking of customized arenas and so on which seems to work perfectly in that mode

Then you have EASHL where its just eashl but with 3s....but also where you cant select a goalie?

Playing human goalie in 3s and the craziness it brings seems like a lot of fun especially if you give the necessary boosts to the goalies so they can hopefully make crazy dive saves to kill some breakaways and 2 on 1s or 2 on 0s.