EA Forums - Banner

Please Make NHL 10 Backwards Compatible for the Xbox One

Dear EA,

It is time to make NHL 10 backwards compatible. Please don't remaster or touch that game up in any way. I would like to feel the excitement I used to have when I loaded up a game that I could truly enjoy. You will sell more copies of NHL 10 BC than you will with 18' so it's a win win for both parties. I for one would buy a digital copy without blinking. Please take this into consideration.

Sincerely,

SiIky Johnson

Replies

• sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    NHL 10,11 or 12, I'd take any of these 3 backwards compatible, great idea, I support it, those games represented the most fun in this series.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    NHL 10,11 or 12, I'd take any of these 3 backwards compatible, great idea, I support it, those games represented the most fun in this series.

i would take 11 or 12 as well.
  • would love any of the old gen games being backwards compatible/remastered those games were so much fun in any setting

although i do think the 18 beta is a step in the right direction compared to 17 it's still not as fun as the last gen games
  • You'd play it for a week and then realize that current version of the game is a vastly superior product to NHL 10. Nostalgia only takes you so far.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2506 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    12 was the worst. Dreidel hockey and L2 and up clap bombs = no skill.

People think this was the "greatest" iteration of NHL but as mentioned above plus the one handed jump over deke which literally froze CPU D... No thanks.
  • You'd play it for a week and then realize that current version of the game is a vastly superior product to NHL 10. Nostalgia only takes you so far.

Exactly.

With most games this would be correct, but NHL is one of the few exceptions. We have gone back and played the old ones before, and they are just as good as we remember, especially with how bad the game is now.
  • kezz123
    572 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think 11 would be the best to make backward compatible. 10 was amazing but 11 had boardplay which did add a layer of strategy to the game and to an extent prevented a bit of ballerina work. I also think human goalies were more fun in 11 than 10 if i recall.

In any cases, 10-11 or even 12 which is the one i liked the least of the 3 I would take 100x before what we have now (im trying not to call it angry names)

if they made it backward compatible and supported it again my whole eashl team would return I am 100% certain. it would take a few games to get used to the speed and weird feel of the game again but it would be oh so worth it.
  • kezz123
    572 posts Member
    each year i reach a new milestone for not caring about the series. This year was the first time i didnt even bother to change the name and number on my player to my name and number. I just took whatever it gave me by default lol thats a pretty sad milestone.

• I agree that the earlier NHL releases are so much better than anything new! Please make them compatible!
  • Socair
    2436 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!