EA Forums - Banner

Petition: Extend the Beta

Prev1
I feel that I need at least an additional week of playing the Beta to get a true feel for the game.
If you agree, please reply below :)

Replies

  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I think most agree to a point, but the thing is do people think their continued time is even worth it. Will it make a difference to EA? Or is this pretty much the product that's getting released in September? Clipping issues, skating issues, and all.
  • Gotta be honest, I'm pretty much underwhelmed.

    So we added an arcade 3s, stripped two positions out in EASHL and are calling that a "new" feature or mode... once again, less is more with eashl.

    I guess the nets come off now... that's cool.
    They basically changed the existing functionality of holding your stick out in last year by letting you maintain it infinitely...
    Got some danglin mouth piece action you can unlock....
    Make yer own mascots.......

    Gee boyz, I dunno about this one. Gotta call it like it is. Arcade 3s ain't really my bag as it is and I'm not really feelin it.
  • Arcade 3s is the only reason I'd buy the game, the rest is super clunky and laggy feeling.
  • I've had some responses from both Rammer and David Pritchett that make me hopeful that this is JUST the beta and more will be addressed in the final game. I do agree though that there is still a lot of work left to be done with the mechanics of this game. I think they are holding back and moving on to the Frostbite engine next year where some changes will be made. Only time will tell if the beta is similar to the final product or if they take our feedback seriously and tune it accordingly. I also change all the sliders when i play offline to represent a much more authentic product.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    I am opposed to the threes mode because it teaches the kids to do all the wrong things in hockey.
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I am opposed to the threes mode because it teaches the kids to do all the wrong things in hockey.

    Even though it's worse in threes mode all the wrong things get rewarded in all of the other game modes as well.
  • I'm sorry to tell you I don't agree on the petition I believe the game should be put away Until the release date they gave us a chance to play the game we told them what we wanted Now let's just let them take care of it I couldn't stand the play the beta anymore if I play the beta I won't want to play NHL 18 That I pre-order I personally don't like the Beta I don't like that I can't see the other person chooses team the game needs a lot of work on skating and all the mechanics so let the professionals do their job and fix what they need to fix
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    Just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont.

    not certain that was for me but... sure, of course.

    and I understand it's not the finished product.

    was just giving my two cents.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont.
    I see your EA moderator well you know what your game sucks sushi that's right you know you should do you moderator you should change your game you should make it faster you should give us game sliders and you shouldn't hide from us you say because I don't like the game whatever the game sucks in your ea moderator everything sucks about the gamedo you want to do something about it ea moderator Then fix it
  • lightningtoxic
    21 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Well, I'm loving the game mechanics and how awesome it plays.
    Let me explain a bit as I know what the issue may be for some people.
    I ONLY play offline BAGM with the full game. I spend a month or more tuning all my sliders so the game plays more realistically (slower play, harder to pass, very tough to score a goal, aggressive AI, etc..).
    I tune it so every game is a challenge and I am never sure if I will make the play-offs or not.
    So, for me the Beta is playing EXACTLY as I had hoped in regards to the AI (whenever I can get in a game with mostly AI I am loving it online...).
    So please, please, please EA, don't change a thing!!!!!

    Oh, and please extend the beta for at least another week :)
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Just because you dont like it doesnt mean other people dont.
    comment removed-BH08

    You do realize that moderators don't make the game right? Well if you didn't you do now. And yes I know he's banned but maybe he'll read it offline :p
  • As for the original topic, I would love it if EA extended the beta. :):):)
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I am opposed to the threes mode because it teaches the kids to do all the wrong things in hockey.



    Just replace the narrators voice with Rammers.
  • I'm so torn. I'm legit having fun with 3s in the beta, and I'd probably get 100+ hours of entertainment out of NHL 18, which is more than some games I've been satisfied paying full price for in the past. But at the same time, it all feels like such a minimal effort that I don't want to give EA the full $60 just based off principle. As I've said in another topic, if the development team is somewhere between an indie developer and a AAA one, then the game should be prices accordingly. $40 seems fair IMO.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    As for the original topic, I would love it if EA extended the beta. :):):)
    Why? Just play NHL 17 - it has more modes. Gameplay is essentially the same, so...
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited July 2017
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    I am opposed to the threes mode because it teaches the kids to do all the wrong things in hockey.

    Even though it's worse in threes mode all the wrong things get rewarded in all of the other game modes as well.

    I wouldn't say that, rather I would say that doing all the right things isn't rewarded enough... there's a difference you know?

    Things like throwing crushing hits at the guy who doesn't even have the puck, let alone boarding etc. Those are punished in other modes. In threes you can just level everybody and that is effective defending, you don't have to worry about covering your man or passing lanes, which you do in the regular game. Threes is just crushing everybody and deking your way to score: the essence of rammer-hockey?

  • bryta47 wrote: »
    As for the original topic, I would love it if EA extended the beta. :):):)
    Why? Just play NHL 17 - it has more modes. Gameplay is essentially the same, so...

    NHL 18 plays better overall, I played the beta then went back to 17 and noticed a clear difference. While the games are similar they're pretty different at the same time.
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    As for the original topic, I would love it if EA extended the beta. :):):)
    Why? Just play NHL 17 - it has more modes. Gameplay is essentially the same, so...

    NHL 18 plays better overall, I played the beta then went back to 17 and noticed a clear difference. While the games are similar they're pretty different at the same time.

    I very much agree, I did the same thing by going back to 17. There is a clear difference, especially in the AI. After the Beta finishes, I'll just be in waiting mode until 18.
  • bryta47
    373 posts Member
    The Emperor is naked - naked, I tell you!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.