EA Forums - Banner

You guys are misunderstanding this whole beta thing

1235Next

Replies

• This has to be a joke right? It's EA. They don't give a sh** what you think or want. They have a business model and they will run it threw regardless of what people rant about. If it bombs the title and they lose money...they will drop it like every other title they have buried. They strayed off the path of developing a solid fun NHL game. Either they revert back to a few years ago and make it fun again or this game is dead. Pure and simple.
  • Everyone saying they aren't playing the beta anymore, that leaves less people to give feedback to EA, and what does that mean? It means less stuff gets changed. If you don't want the same game every year, then how about just play the freaking beta and report what changes you wanna see, WITHOUT insulting them and being douchebags

I wanted to play the beta, I even signed up for it but the code didn't work on my PC... :neutral:

it was in your email, and the second week the beta was free open

Key phrase: pc

B)

i had a feeling thats what he meant, i was just hoping it wasnt
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    And 5 consecutive years of the game getting worse post beta/demo have told us all we need to know about this game. The problems arent going to get fixed.
    Couldn't be more true. It's nice to see people are finally making a stand. I've put so much effort into trying to help, only to be completely ignored. This game has been such a disappointment over the past 3 years, I'm not supporting this franchise anymore.

So 3 posts about connection to servers and 50 posts is alot of effort?

lol. Ya I'd say so. 50 posts solely about the connection issues is quite a lot. And for all of them to be ignored is pretty funny, especially since it's now the biggest complaint on these forums. It's their own ignorance to blame if their sales figures suck this year.

I HIGHLY doubt that they have just gone totally ignored. They wouldnt leave in bad servers just cuz
    And 5 consecutive years of the game getting worse post beta/demo have told us all we need to know about this game. The problems arent going to get fixed.
    Couldn't be more true. It's nice to see people are finally making a stand. I've put so much effort into trying to help, only to be completely ignored. This game has been such a disappointment over the past 3 years, I'm not supporting this franchise anymore.

lol. Ya I'd say so. 50 posts solely about the connection issues is quite a lot. And for all of them to be ignored is pretty funny, especially since it's now the biggest complaint on these forums. It's their own ignorance to blame if their sales figures suck this year.

I HIGHLY doubt that they have just gone totally ignored. They wouldnt leave in bad servers just cuz

Ur actually right. It just feels like I'm being ignored cause, you know, no one's ever replied... like "hey, thanks for the feedback" or "we're aware of this issue and we're working on a fix".

The funny thing is, they do know there's an issue, they just can't figure out how to fix it. So they're gonna release NHL 18 with the exact same problems, and that's pretty sad for anyone who plays online
  • Everyone saying they aren't playing the beta anymore, that leaves less people to give feedback to EA, and what does that mean? It means less stuff gets changed. If you don't want the same game every year, then how about just play the freaking beta and report what changes you wanna see, WITHOUT insulting them and being douchebags

I wanted to play the beta, I even signed up for it but the code didn't work on my PC... :neutral:

B)

I selected the PC4 beta, why it doesn't work on origin, or steam or anything is beyond me...

I thought we lived in a world where everything has to be PC or else it will offend someone and they will get an army of people to hate you for not being PC, yet EA refuses to be PC...

You're actually right. It just felt like I was being ignored. Not a single reply. No "thanks for the feedback" or "we're aware of the issues and are currently working on a fix".

In all actual fact, they're aware of the issues and can't figure out how to fix them. So I hope that's comforting.

You're actually right. It just felt like I was being ignored. Not a single reply. No "thanks for the feedback" or "we're aware of the issues and are currently working on a fix".

In all actual fact, they're aware of the issues and can't figure out how to fix them. So I hope that's comforting.

Right, not everytime or hell, not even most of the time will u get a response but theyre aware of the issues.

And also right, theyre aware of them, but fixing them is harder than thought, because if it was easy to fix everything, we'd have a perfect game

B)

I selected the PC4 beta, why it doesn't work on origin, or steam or anything is beyond me...

I thought we lived in a world where everything has to be PC or else it will offend someone and they will get an army of people to hate you for not being PC, yet EA refuses to be PC...

I can't tell what youre trying to say, but NHL isnt on PC

B)

I can't tell what youre trying to say, but NHL isnt on PC

He's trolling. He knows damn well the game isn't, wasn't, and never will be on PC. But he has to try... Just pay him no nevermind.
  • He's trolling. He knows dang well the game isn't, wasn't, and never will be on PC. But he has to try... Just pay him no never mind.
  • All EA is doing is hurting their own sales. I know there's a ton of people like me who would jump at the chance to have a modern 3d hockey game on PC. However the longer and longer it takes someone to jump at the huge glaring hole in the market the less we will be willing to pay for their product.

Look at it this way, for them to port the game to PC costs we'll say next to nothing. However opening the game to millions of people who previously couldn't buy it. It's a no risk high reward type scenario. Even if very few do buy it you are generating more sales for little to no extra cost. win-win.

It literally makes zero sense to not have the game on PC. I'm sure they could start today and have it ready only a few months after the console version launches. No reason not to.
  • Yeah, I guess if you keep repeating it long enough, they will just cave in, and you can have your wish, right?

Right, not everytime or ****, not even most of the time will u get a response but theyre aware of the issues.

And also right, theyre aware of them, but fixing them is harder than thought, because if it was easy to fix everything, we'd have a perfect game

lol tell me one thing... Do you think it's acceptable to release a game with broken online play 3 years in a row? 3 years! That's unheard of. And it's about to be 4...

Funniest part of all of this, they updated NHL 16 with only a few months left in its cycle and it was great! But then some genius decided they should change things for NHL 17 and they messed everything right up. Completely ruined the game. lol how is that possible...?

If you think this is acceptable you're living in a dream world. You're more than welcome to spend $80 on another broken game. I'm not.
  • All EA is doing is hurting their own sales. I know there's a ton of people like me who would jump at the chance to have a modern 3d hockey game on PC. However the longer and longer it takes someone to jump at the huge glaring hole in the market the less we will be willing to pay for their product.

Look at it this way, for them to port the game to PC costs we'll say next to nothing. However opening the game to millions of people who previously couldn't buy it. It's a no risk high reward type scenario. Even if very few do buy it you are generating more sales for little to no extra cost. win-win.

It literally makes zero sense to not have the game on PC. I'm sure they could start today and have it ready only a few months after the console version launches. No reason not to.

Porting to PC certainly is not cheap, or else they would have by now
    mikeq67 wrote: »

Right, not everytime or ****, not even most of the time will u get a response but theyre aware of the issues.

lol tell me one thing... Do you think it's acceptable to release a game with broken online play 3 years in a row? 3 years! That's unheard of. And it's about to be 4...

Funniest part of all of this, they updated NHL 16 with only a few months left in its cycle and it was great! But then some genius decided they should change things for NHL 17 and they messed everything right up. Completely ruined the game. lol how is that possible...?

If you think this is acceptable you're living in a dream world. You're more than welcome to spend $80 on another broken game. I'm not.

Tell me, LIST OFF what is wrong with online play. Dont give me the generic pick pickups and skating **** either.

Then why are you still spending money you dunce

Tell me, LIST OFF what is wrong with online play. Dont give me the generic pick pickups and skating **** either.

I believe he just said he was going to stop spending his money...

But that's none of my business. I don't believe he would stop buying the game anyway.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    All EA is doing is hurting their own sales. I know there's a ton of people like me who would jump at the chance to have a modern 3d hockey game on PC. However the longer and longer it takes someone to jump at the huge glaring hole in the market the less we will be willing to pay for their product.

But that's none of my business. I don't believe he would stop buying the game anyway.

I wouldn't believe it either. Most people are just bluffing when they say things like "I'm not buying this game". Truth is, I'd love to play this game if it didn't lag. NHL used to be my favourite game from 09-14. I've been with the same EASHL club (which I created) since 09. We even have our own team name in the game. But the past few years have been less and less fun and it's actually become more of a chore to play than anything. The only reason I play the odd game of NHL 17 is to talk and hang out with my friends, and then I regret doing it because the game is such a waste of my time.
    I'm 100% done with this game unless they somehow fix the lag which I'm quite sure they won't be able to.
    My suggestion to EA... bring in more resources to fix things cause the current devs can't fix a year old problem. I'm not putting up with ur broken networking for another year.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    All EA is doing is hurting their own sales. I know there's a ton of people like me who would jump at the chance to have a modern 3d hockey game on PC. However the longer and longer it takes someone to jump at the huge glaring hole in the market the less we will be willing to pay for their product.

I wouldn't believe it either. Most people are just bluffing when they say things like "I'm not buying this game". Truth is, I'd love to play this game if it didn't lag. NHL used to be my favourite game from 09-14. I've been with the same EASHL club (which I created) since 09. We even have our own team name in the game. But the past few years have been less and less fun and it's actually become more of a chore to play than anything. The only reason I play the odd game of NHL 17 is to talk and hang out with my friends, and then I regret doing it because the game is such a waste of my time.
    I'm 100% done with this game unless they somehow fix the lag which I'm quite sure they won't be able to.
    My suggestion to EA... bring in more resources to fix things cause the current devs can't fix a year old problem. I'm not putting up with ur broken networking for another year.

I'm 100% done as well, not renewing my XBL subscription makes it easier to not buy it....lol