EA Forums - Banner

Petition to increase the EASHL game speed slider

Prev1
OvenMitts91
66 posts Member
edited August 2017
Anyone else find it ironic that in the year where the guy on the cover is arguably the fastest player with the puck since Pavel Bure, the game still plays slower than golf?

Signed.

Replies

• They added 3's if you want to play rocket arcade hockey. What's the problem??
    Volunteer EA Forums Senior Moderator
    Xbox Live - The Snake Esq
  • COGSx86
    785 posts Member
    Player build attributes are faster, then 17, just saying
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Follisimo
    1071 posts Member
    Sadly Oven I don't think you will see an increase because it means lesser skilled players have to react faster and they don't want people who make a mistake not able to fix it in time.

• lmfao
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    Sadly Oven I don't think you will see an increase because it means lesser skilled players have to react faster and they don't want people who make a mistake not able to fix it in time.

That's actually an interesting spin on things. I have never thought about it that way. It could very well be the reason.
  • increasing game speed means better hockey
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    TPS can't keep up with the current game speed, increasing it would magnify the slow turns, wonky pivots, stuck in mud effect.

I agree the game needs to be faster, but we need a responsive skating engine to go with it.

Fix TPS you fix this game, yes, it's that simple.
  • Follisimo
    1071 posts Member
    Follisimo wrote: »

That's actually an interesting spin on things. I have never thought about it that way. It could very well be the reason.

It's part of what makes Rocket League such a highly skilled game. You can't hesitate on your decisions or you will suffer for it. So many times my lack of a killer instinct has cost my team goals because I wasn't sure to go for the ball or not. I'm average at best on RL Gold 3 player slowly getting better.

It would essentially be the same in NHL. You pretty much speed up everything (minus passing) very slightly across the board on NHL from dekes, goalie movement and save animations, skating, poke checks, hit animations, and stick handling. A good player will still keep the gap control where as the lesser skilled player will let the player get to close and most likely deked around left with less time to correct their mistake. The better thinker in 1v1 will excel greatly and a solid team playing 6's will be able to show off better puck movement and creativity.

• Anyone else find it ironic that in the year where the guy on the cover is arguably the fastest player with the puck since Pavel Bure, the game still plays slower than golf?

Signed.

I'm a pretty fast golfer. Heck, if i have enough beer in me, i wont even take a practice swing.
  • lmfao

LMAO!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »

No idea why you keep saying that... It's just not true. It's exactly the same as 17

That being said something has changed with agility is skating in general and more often find players "stuck in the mud" ..I think that's why done feel it's slower than 17. But speed in eashl is same as 17
  • COGSx86 wrote: »

No idea why you keep saying that... It's just not true. It's exactly the same as 17

That being said something has changed with agility is skating in general and more often find players "stuck in the mud" ..I think that's why done feel it's slower than 17. But speed in eashl is same as 17

Turning while standing still is garbage. It's like the game can't register you turning and accelerating at the same time. Agility in general feels terrible with and without the puck.
  • GramerProfesur
    549 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    COGSx86 wrote: »

Lol no they're not. They're actually a tad slower. That or it's the lag, but they're 10000000% not faster. Idiot
  • Follisimo
    1071 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    RSall14 wrote: »

Turning while standing still is garbage. It's like the game can't register you turning and accelerating at the same time. Agility in general feels terrible with and without the puck.

That part is so very true. Watch at the 5:15 mark to see Ovechkin goal that would never work in the NHL series.

"Crossovers are the maneuvers that enable players to accelerate on curves, circles and corners. They make it possible for players to generate speed for the straight-aways, to weave in and out of traffic, to zigzag down the ice, change direction, turn from backward to forward, and move laterally (from side to side) and to fake ("deke"). Powerful, fast and quick crossovers are essential for all hockey players. "Crossover" refers to the passing of the outside skate (the one nearer the outside of the curve)over (in front of) the toe of the inside skate."

laurastamm.net/power-skating-crossovers.aspx

Majority of these goals would never have happened if players skated how they do in the NHL series.

• TRICL0PS
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I feel like pivoting is a bigger issue than speed but I wouldn't mind if skaters were a bit faster or at least had a little more acceleration. It also seems like hustle doesn't work at all when your skater has the puck. It appears to work when you don't have the puck but with it I don't notice any change in speed. Anyone else experience this?
  • seriously this is the worst year for VC yet... i swear there are so many situations where no matter what i do i can't get my guy to turn around. of course I could say that about a lot of things.

this series is so frustrating. they keep breaking stuff that works and work well and they NEVER put it back no matter how the community reacts.

this game has gotten so much farther way from realistic and fun hockey than it was 4-5 years ago it's just plain sad. i'm going to miss playing hockey online but its time i find something better to do with my time than continuing to play this complete garbage.
  • seriously this is the worst year for VC yet... i swear there are so many situations where no matter what i do i can't get my guy to turn around. of course I could say that about a lot of things.

this series is so frustrating. they keep breaking stuff that works and work well and they NEVER put it back no matter how the community reacts.

this game has gotten so much farther way from realistic and fun hockey than it was 4-5 years ago it's just plain sad. i'm going to miss playing hockey online but its time i find something better to do with my time than continuing to play this complete garbage.

i'm in the same boat as you. i've just given up, haven't played the beta anywhere near as much as i did last summer. it's just not fun anymore no matter who i'm playing with. eashl 3s is alright i guess but not worth buying the game over. tired of wrestling with the buttons with this **** show.
  • bump.
  • Follisimo wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »

That part is so very true. Watch at the 5:15 mark to see Ovechkin goal that would never work in the NHL series.

"Crossovers are the maneuvers that enable players to accelerate on curves, circles and corners. They make it possible for players to generate speed for the straight-aways, to weave in and out of traffic, to zigzag down the ice, change direction, turn from backward to forward, and move laterally (from side to side) and to fake ("deke"). Powerful, fast and quick crossovers are essential for all hockey players. "Crossover" refers to the passing of the outside skate (the one nearer the outside of the curve)over (in front of) the toe of the inside skate."

laurastamm.net/power-skating-crossovers.aspx

Majority of these goals would never have happened if players skated how they do in the NHL series.

When we don't have the ability to do such simply skating techniques (crossovers) it's obviously the skating system is flawed.

Pivots and puck pickups are major flaws too.

Fix those things and t would create more of a skill gap but then EA probably doesn't want that. :smirk: