EA Forums - Banner

A thought

If NHL 17 didnt exist, would NHL 18 feel like a more complete game or at least more people would be less upset with it.

I like to think NHL 16 was the game 15 should have been. Does NHL 18 fall into the same line of thinking when compared to 17?

Replies

• Pleasing investors aside, this is why they do yearly releases.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    Everyone uses previous years games as reference points, its the only way to gauge how the game feels and plays.

For me personally, NHL 09/10/11/12 were the glory days of this game. NHL 13 and TPS and removal of classic vision control is where the wheels fell off and never got put back on.

Its the only hockey game we have so were stuck, its very frustrating EA won't fix the major issues/complaints such as TPS, vision control, and servers (online latency/input delay).
  • All you are saying is that you believe the EA NHL team is half as productive as you believe they should be. And yes I would be in agreement with that.
  • No I wouldn't...nhl 18 appears to be a step back from 17 overall. They keep breaking mechanics that work fine
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Everyone uses previous years games as reference points, its the only way to gauge how the game feels and plays.

For me personally, NHL 09/10/11/12 were the glory days of this game. NHL 13 and TPS and removal of classic vision control is where the wheels fell off and never got put back on.

Its the only hockey game we have so were stuck, its very frustrating EA won't fix the major issues/complaints such as TPS, vision control, and servers (online latency/input delay).

Bolded part ALL DAY LONG!!
  • sgiz1 wrote: »

Yup, TPS turned this game from fun to frustrating.

Absolutely shocking that TPS was approved in the first place and also that it hasn't been fixed or removed.
  • Skuhn718
    5 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    I just want to pop in and comment that I agree with the OP wholeheartedly. EA, fix the player movement.I played hardcore just about every single night for hours with friends on NHL 08-12 because it was FUN. Now, the movement in this game is just frustrating when playing online, the opposite of fun.. give me more control of my damn player.

Thank you.

(P.S. I would also like the ability to customize my own player attributes again.. and hell, I even miss the RPG elements of having to rank up to Legend. The whole system didn't need to be scrapped!)
  • Both the Dev team and the game need 100% overhauls. Thus far, the 'nextgen' games have been utter failures. Quality control needs to be implemented by having regular joes be their testers at the office, not paid staff.
  • I would gladly except 16 back just for the fun factor of online play. If there was no 17 and they came out with 18 there still would be just as big a **** factor as we have now. Its totally gone off the tracks and given EA history they will not revert back to when it was actually fun.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    Both the Dev team and the game need 100% overhauls. Thus far, the 'nextgen' games have been utter failures. Quality control needs to be implemented by having regular joes be their testers at the office, not paid staff.

I agree. It's an old boys club over there. Most of the devs have been working on the same game for years with little innovation. The engine, graphics, animations, etc have gone virtually unchanged in years.

The upgrade to next gen was painful and it was evident that they were in way over their heads, and what did we get out of it? Jerseys that fluttered like a flag in a windstorm and no EASHL.

But hey, we can create our own mascots now so why get bent out of shape