EA Forums - Banner

Gameplay Updates Based on Beta Tuner Rollback Feedback

225t

Check out the details on the latest tuner we are implementing based on the feedback you given.

Make the EASHL builds unlockable

I don't care about any of the cosmetic rewards. I put my name and my jersey number, and never customize my pro again.

Please make it so that I still get to unlock something:

I'm on mobile so i'll make this quick, but something like this on offense:
1 : GRN, ENF, TWF
2 : JPLY
3 : TWD
4 : DNG
5 : PLY
6 : SNP

Same for D and G. Adjust the requirements and what not to your taste (most used builds must come later)... But make it so that it takes at least 300 games with good grades to unlock all the classes.

Maybe this is possible before release?

Replies

• if youre gonna do this they might as well re-add the greatly wanted progressive builds again...which alot of folks are hoping for
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
  • The whope point is to get something useful to unlock, besides cosmetics. The old attribute progression system would most likely take months to code+test+revamp. Yet NHL 18's release dateis in like 4 weeks. That's why my suggestion is to have unlockable classes / builds, so that we get some reason to play.

Alternatively, they could make it so that you can 'purchase' a class using EXP points, with each subsequent class purchase costing more EXP, following an exponential curve.

That way, you could purchase your favorite class for cheap, but if the current meta favors another build type, it would cost more EXP and would take longer to earn down the road, making it rewarding.
  • I honestly would be happy with a hybrid of the two systems for next year. They wouldnt need to test much, the coding already exists. It could feasibly be a patch at some point tbh.
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    I honestly would be happy with a hybrid of the two systems for next year. They wouldnt need to test much, the coding already exists. It could feasibly be a patch at some point tbh.

The coding isn't already done. It was on the old platform and so many things were changed in the game, and in the xbox/PS4 developper SDKs. That's without talking about revamping stuff.

Sure it'd be nice next year, but what I'm proposing is a short-term solution that (maybe) could be implemented in the last month before release.
  • I get (and even agree) about unlocking something useful but builds is the wrong thing. You've just negated the idea of the class system.
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.