EA Forums - Banner

WHERES THE NEWS ON NHL 18 BAP!?!

DEVS seriously the game is jut a few weeks out now and you still have revealed NOTHING on BAP this year!!!!! WHATS GOING ON!!!!!!! THIS IS THE TIME WE DECIDE TO BUY GAMES OR NOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    They added "request a trade". It is the only news.

Looks like the dev team put most of their manpower into offline BaGM all new expansion draft, logic etc... And NHL 3s.

Unfortunately BaP got the shaft this year but it seems like the team can only overhaul one section at a time (EASHL (last year), Franchise/expansion (this year), and assuming EA NHL trends like all other EA sports titles... a story mode BaP like FIFA/NFL maybe next year?)
  • Something tells me BAP will get a story mode next year if NHL gets moved to the Frostbite engine. This year seems to be pretty minimal in terms of changes.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    They added "request a trade". It is the only news.

Looks like the dev team put most of their manpower into offline BaGM all new expansion draft, logic etc... And NHL 3s.

Unfortunately BaP got the shaft this year but it seems like the team can only overhaul one section at a time (EASHL (last year), Franchise/expansion (this year), and assuming EA NHL trends like all other EA sports titles... a story mode BaP like FIFA/NFL maybe next year?)

3's was definitely the big workload for them this year, moreso than Be a GM. The offline campaign, the 3s arcade, EASHL 3s.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • I'm glad people are agreeing with me about the possibility of a story like FIFA/NFL. The thing is though, the story will not replace BAP, just like The Journey didnt replace Career Mode in FIFA, and Longshot will not replace Connected Careers in Madden.

For BAP and Franchise GM Mode to make the next jump, they need to include the use of the ECHL teams at the very least, and down the line, acknowledge the existence of the European teams. Not everyone starts their career in the CHL smh
  • Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    IF they do story type thing, we have to be able to customize and name the player. I couldn't care less about the mode if they give him a set name and appearance like Madden and FIFA are doing.
  • IF they do story type thing, we have to be able to customize and name the player. I couldn't care less about the mode if they give him a set name and appearance like Madden and FIFA are doing.

Well you won't be in luck then. It's their story to tell so they can control it better and for future ones.

• I dunno, in NBA Live 18 demo, 'The One' bap storyline allows you to make your own pro, and choose the name, appearance, physical properties and position. The game mostly refers to our hero as the 'Comeback Kid' so it's fairly open for customization. I think that's a better way, than the force-fed 'Journey' in Fifa, but inevitably it makes the story a bit more generic too.
  • They took be a pro out for nhl18. Sorry bud.