EA Forums - Banner

ea lost a buyer forever

Prev13
no news on bap 18 yet despite asking and asking I have just restarted a career in 17 in bap and am happy there. saving my money. troll me if you like u always do. I aint buying their product ever again

Replies

• Truth is. Almost nothing HAS changed for be a pro. If that was my favorite game mode I SURE as heck wouldn't buy this game. It's so bare-bones and your AI team mates are atrocious to play with. You pretty much have to do everything yourself in that mode... which is way too easy to accomplish.
  • No one is trolling you. EA has an agenda and will release the info when scheduled. Sorry you arent getting your demand but your answer has already been answered by the community. Better AI teammates, demand a trade. Probably some better GM AI logic but nothing significant.

See you next year, I guess.

• Sorry to tell you but no one cares about BAP when the gameplay is bad. Reason career mode works in a game like FIFA or NBA 2K because the gameplay is good. This dev team can't even get basic hockey skating, passing and hitting correct. Sooooo...
  • They got bigger things to focus on. Even bigger than NHL 18. It's getting everything over to the Frostbite engine. So you won't see a huge feature added til the NHL series gets there. My guess is they add either GM Connected or Story Mode for their 1st game on Frostbite. But I also feel it won't happen til NHL 20.

• Follisimo wrote: »
    They got bigger things to focus on. Even bigger than NHL 18. It's getting everything over to the Frostbite engine. So you won't see a huge feature added til the NHL series gets there. My guess is they add either GM Connected or Story Mode for their 1st game on Frostbite. But I also feel it won't happen til NHL 20.

Source stating that the NHL series is actually going to the Frostbite engine at some point? I'm not saying you're lying but has it been stated somewhere that I missed ?
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    They got bigger things to focus on. Even bigger than NHL 18. It's getting everything over to the Frostbite engine. So you won't see a huge feature added til the NHL series gets there. My guess is they add either GM Connected or Story Mode for their 1st game on Frostbite. But I also feel it won't happen til NHL 20.

Source stating that the NHL series is actually going to the Frostbite engine at some point? I'm not saying you're lying but has it been stated somewhere that I missed ?

It's never been stated specifically that NHL will go to Frostbite. And it likely won't until 4-5 months before the game releases. But all signs would point to it happening at some point as the whole purpose of the Frostbite engine is to get all their games using it and leveraging each other.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited August 2017
    I think it's rather ridiculous to say they lost a buyer forever. So if you play BAP 90% of the time and they didn't do much to it this year - keep playing 17. Maybe 19 will have the changes you desire, or 20.

Making ludicrous threads like this is why these forums aren't enjoyable to read. You know very well if there were big changes to BAP in 19 you'd buy it in a heartbeat.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Making ludicrous threads like this is why these forums aren't enjoyable to read.

1rb21h.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    I think it's rather ridiculous to say they lost a buyer forever. So if you play BAP 90% of the time and they didn't do much to it this year - keep playing 17. Maybe 19 will have the changes you desire, or 20.

Making ludicrous threads like this is why these forums aren't enjoyable to read. You know very well if there were big changes to BAP in 19 you'd buy it in a heartbeat.

With all due respect Bunny, maybe He won't buy it anymore!
    With all the F***ING problems I had with my '05 Chevy Cobalt (filed Lemon Law on it, GM cut me a check for $4k thanks to Lemon Law on my Cobalt BUT...here's the catch, I had to buy a GM product and I had to purchase NEW), bought a '08 Chevy HHR, got 20mos out of it before I started to have issues with that vehicle as well! 2015 traded in that HHR and bought a Nissan (my middle brother has a '04 Nissan Xterra and it's still going strong in 2017...aside from normal wear and tear). I will NEVER buy another Chevy again
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    joefitz22 wrote: »

You're comparing cars vs video games.

I know I would be pissed if my $20,0000 investment crapped out in less than two years.

But losing your bananas because EA won't release info upon your command? C'mon.
  • joefitz22 wrote: »

You're comparing cars vs video games.

It's possible he will never buy an NHL ever again, but losing your bananas because EA won't release info upon your command? C'mon.

Good point! Some people that say NEVER actually stick to it, was all I was getting at...lol
  • no news on bap 18 yet despite asking and asking I have just restarted a career in 17 in bap and am happy there. saving my money. troll me if you like u always do. I aint buying their product ever again

oh calm down its BAP
  • You'll but it next year, trust me.
  • I personally have never found BAP deep enough to keep me interested, but I've mostly used it to "learn" goalie and it felt very lacking.

To me BAP is in dire need of attention, but I think the game needs to get to a point where the core game concepts are more refined, and well presented before BAP gets too many valuable resources. I believe once you get the core fixed and polished you can dedicate much more time to the BAP features and other game modes.

The problem with the mode is that you cannot remove it, because that is an unsatisfactory response, but it's also frustrating for it to change so little. It would be nice to have a road map so that fans of the mode would have a path for their patience.
    Twitch: MadCard05
    Youtube: Madwolf Gaming
  • The easiest way to never buy their game again is to not own the platforms that the game is playable on.

That said the release of info for this series has always been really poorly done imo. They release such a mediocre product and because it is yearly they delay and delay and tease the release of info to generate "artificial" hype around the fancy "new" features they are adding. I call it artificial because if they would make genuinely new features or even just fix the plethora of issues we all know exist and have not been fixed. I see stuff in gameplay vids of 17 that was a problem in 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14...

Problem is they can't do that because corporate forces them to make X shiny new feature so marketing can come up with some buzzwords to get people hyped for something that is really rather lackluster.

Just my .02$
  • The easiest way to never buy their game again is to not own the platforms that the game is playable on.

That said the release of info for this series has always been really poorly done imo. They release such a mediocre product and because it is yearly they delay and delay and tease the release of info to generate "artificial" hype around the fancy "new" features they are adding. I call it artificial because if they would make genuinely new features or even just fix the plethora of issues we all know exist and have not been fixed. I see stuff in gameplay vids of 17 that was a problem in 09,10, 11, 12, 13, 14...

Problem is they can't do that because corporate forces them to make X shiny new feature so marketing can come up with some buzzwords to get people hyped for something that is really rather lackluster.

Just my .02$

The agenda is strong with you, echo.

How about people just stick to their convictions and if they think the game is "So bad" and they "Don't enjoy" it then they just don't buy said game? You're gonna blame a perfectly enjoyable console for a person's lack of self control?
  • I'm just saying it's easier to not buy if you can't play it. Not saying you shouldn't just have the willpower to just not buy it. It's like people who smoke. They like to blame this and that on why they can't quit but often it's never on themselves.
  • I'm just saying it's easier to not buy if you can't play it. Not saying you shouldn't just have the willpower to just not buy it. It's like people who smoke. They like to blame this and that on why they can't quit but often it's never on themselves.

The ignorance of how addiction works in this post is breathtaking. Don't strain yourself yanking on those bootstraps slugger.
  • Not sure what smoking and addiction has to do with buying a video game...

If you hate it, don't buy it. It's not difficult.
  • cbxero wrote: »
    Not sure what smoking and addiction has to do with buying a video game...

If you hate it, don't buy it. It's not difficult.

Yea... I think what this forum has shown us repeatedly is that barely anyone actually hates the game... they just like to act like they do because the game doesn't 100% suit their self-entitled vision of what it should be.