EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

Returning User Bonus Confirmed

Prev1
ESPOtheDON
2940 posts Member
edited August 2017
So basically we get Jerseys (woohoo) and....

Additionally, players who played Hockey Ultimate Team™ in NHL® 17 will be eligible to receive a one-time bonus of up to five (5) Returning User Packs in NHL® 18.

Each one of these Returning User Packs contains 4 Bronze, 4 Silver and 4 Gold items. Players will receive items that will give their Hockey Ultimate Team a boost to start the season, with players, contracts, injury, jersey and logo items all being a part of this pack.

Factors determining a returning user bonus are:
•The number of HUT games played in NHL® 17.
•The number of items obtained in a user's HUT 17 collection.
•The current Coin balance in HUT 17.

The more HUT 17 games played and the larger collection will ensure the maximum Returning User Bonus received! Keep playing HUT 17 to get the biggest bonus possible.

Details:
•Returning User Bonuses are a one-time offer per HUT account. Returning HUT users will need to actively redeem their Returning User Bonus in HUT 17. Any progress, purchases, items in HUT collection, etc. are not carried over from HUT 17 to HUT 18.

Yikes... 5 packs with 4 gold items in each of them... lol

Replies

• Sgt_Kelso
    1089 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    whats' with the bronze and silver items, there's never been those kind of mixed bags, or have there? As it says only 'items', it seems they could be anyhting, not just players? This is getting worse by the minute, lol? :#
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    whats' with the bronze and silver items, there's never been those kind of mixed bags, or have there? As it says only 'items', it seems they could be anyhting, not just players? This is getting worse by the minute, lol? :#

Yea... this is pretty rough..

I'M NOT BUYING THE GAME NOW!
  • All seriousness... you are right, it says "items", not "players"... my guess is it will be 3 players in each pack, 1 bronze, silver, and gold...

and up to 5 packs total ? pretty light in my opinion.. last year I had 10 packs for "digital download bonus", plus I got 8/10 RUB packs... plus my 2 packs for deluxe edition...

so opening day I had 20 GOLD packs to open... and it's not even about the content per say, but opening all of those packs gets your juices flowing, if you know what I mean, and only encourages people to spend more money on actual packs because you start getting hungrier for more packs...

so now this year I get my 40packs for deluxe(2 per week for 20 weeks), I think its 5 packs for pre-order (but 1 per week for 5 weeks) plus the RUB packs..

• yeah the returning user bonus should be higher. oh well.
  • RUB is pretty much useless, if someone is still grinding games or buying bronze players to get the maximum - don’t bother.
  • in NHL 17 there was pretty much zero use for bronze and silver cards too.. I suspect it will be the same this year.
  • in NHL 17 there was pretty much zero use for bronze and silver cards too.. I suspect it will be the same this year.

don't think too fast.. they may utilize bronze and silver cards more this year... makes no sense to issue them in RUB otherwise..

There are silver and bronze collectibles needed for Hero sets, that might change that
  • exactly..
  • "don't think too fast"? Are you mixing metaphors? :smile:
  • "don't think too fast"? Are you mixing metaphors? :smile:

always, sir
  • Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here
  • there's some definite issues with the sets in the game, they need to make the player swaps repeatable. Maybe with a long cooldown period, maybe a couple weeks or a month. They'll fix some of these things in the future i'm sure. Hindsight is always 110%.
  • in madden those silver and bronze cards come in handy later
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • WealthyFriends
    758 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Notice that they don't mention rare cards or not...

I can confirm that there are no guaranteed rares in the packs.

Can't wait for a logo card to boost my team like they say....
    Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here
    Noice
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1089 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes well, we already knows RUB is rubbish, and we know pack contents are gonna be rubbish, so no surprises there... :#

You just gotta rip much more packs! ;)

It started last year already, when they removed bonus packs for completing collections, and added heroes instead... which are nice enough, but getting them requires collectibles/carbons too, so you need to get even more cards, so it all has the complete opposite effect to bonus packs which helped a lot in completing other collections.

I guess we know where all this is heading, just hand out your credit cards to EA already!
    Post edited by Sgt_Kelso on
  • Can't wait to give them all my money
  • Can't wait to give them all my money

It is the best, isn't it?

• I got the young stars edition but only for the early access. If I pull anything good I'll do a giveaway ... oh wait, it's against ToS now :P
  • I got the young stars edition but only for the early access. If I pull anything good I'll do a giveaway ... oh wait, it's against ToS now :P

Seriously? Guess that explains why the HUT forums are dead these days.