EA Forums - Banner

Failed to retrieve data

Can't believe it's still there after 4 years. So I tried to play against my buddy and when I pressed to launch the game it writes failed to retrieve data code error blablabla with numbers and stuff. Twice in a row. My friends was in the pregame warmup while I couldn't make it to the game. Menu errors are probably what the most frustrating thing about this game. I finally decided to play away and it worked. Pffff

Replies

• It's because they are too lazy to customize the error messages.. or they don't want you to know why the error occurs...
  • Can't believe it's still there after 4 years. So I tried to play against my buddy and when I pressed to launch the game it writes failed to retrieve data code error blablabla with numbers and stuff. Twice in a row. My friends was in the pregame warmup while I couldn't make it to the game. Menu errors are probably what the most frustrating thing about this game. I finally decided to play away and it worked. Pffff

what router do you use?

THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • It's not a router problem as I do not get that message often. But at this precise moment where I only have 10 hours of play, I'd like the game to go faster in the menus and translating to the ice.
  • Can't believe it's still there after 4 years. So I tried to play against my buddy and when I pressed to launch the game it writes failed to retrieve data code error blablabla with numbers and stuff. Twice in a row. My friends was in the pregame warmup while I couldn't make it to the game. Menu errors are probably what the most frustrating thing about this game. I finally decided to play away and it worked. Pffff

I'm so glad this is back this year! It is literally the one thing that absolutely blows my effing mind!
  • I love how EA says no its your router, but i play online other EA games and other games online without issues but NHL 17 hasnt worked since Chistmas. Thanks i wont bother waste my money on this garbage
  • no its not the hitron......
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni