EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Unplayable again. What a surprise.

Replies

• Dan1mal33 wrote: »
    Dan1mal33 wrote: »
    It's the servers 100%. My friends and I bought the game on release day and were playing it. It was smooth. We were stunned. The game was responsive, fluent and overall enjoyable. Fast forward to last night and it now feels like you are skating in mud. Skaters feel like 280 lbs lineman out there with skates on. I haven't even brought up the fighting glitch or the timeless classic face-off loop. My goodness EA. Stop repackaging the same garbage and selling it to us!

right but.... nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

Ayn-Rand-Quotes-13.jpg

Awww cute my first encounter with a fanboy. Yes you are 100% correct. I guess I will have to not play hockey since there is no other hockey game on the market. Silly me and my high expectations. I suppose you are used to the mediocre garbage and have become numb to it?!

Take a second or two and look at his post history.
  • That's just it. It's the only option and for some there isn't even any option and regardless of that it's a sub par option at best. Problems from 5 years ago still exist and they limit their game to only two platforms instead of all of them.
  • i just wish they would finally fix some of the bad things in this game instead of adding more bad stuff + ie, the stupid forsberg deke, which i have watched no less than 15 people give up sure goals because they try to do this crap instead of taking the sure goal.
  • Well for starters, EASHL is missing the custom attributes, which is one of the bigger reasons the player base is 1 tenth what it was 5 years ago. The seamless puck pickups are trash, AI still constantly out of position, one club consistently has faster AI defenders who skate backwards from a dead stop just as fast as a power forward in full flight. You destroy someone with a hit and then your player just stands there with his thumb up his 🎃🎃🎃🎃 while the other player pops up like a cockroach and takes the puck. Pivoting is broken, this is where they should have brought the skate blade type back...that would solve that problem. Penalties are seemingly given at random and not actually on any infraction.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Literally unplayable.

nope...just not worth fighting with. Not worth playing when you know in 3/4's of the games you're going to be playing against the opposition and your connection to the servers. I've played about a total of 10 games since early release, only 3 of the guys I'd usually run club with (6s) actually bought the game and sadly the rest have all moved on. I'm basically a 6s only player but haven't even been able to find anyone to play with this year because no one plays the game.

• TemujinKhan1162
    40 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    its strange, i've had games where it is smooth as butter, although most often than not its like sludge. However, my "network performance" always reads 14-20ms. It's has never ever been above 20, i live in chicago, how is this even possible to have that low latency?
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited September 2017
    its strange, i've had games where it is smooth as butter, although most often than not its like sludge. However, my "network performance" always reads 14-20ms. It's has never ever been above 20, i live in chicago, how is this even possible to have that low latency?

It's not. Double it.

edit: I mean it is possible to get low ping like that, but in your case it's not.
    PSN: B-Bunny

It's not. Double it.

edit: I mean it is possible to get low ping like that, but in your case it's not.

So the game is not reporting accurate latency figures or is he just full of it?

It's not. Double it.

Most likely the game isn't reporting accurately. I live in the SF Bay area and my pings are always between 17-28ms but 90% of my games in EASHL have fat man lag or very noticeable input delay.

And as many others have stated, EA NHL is the only game in which I have any online issues.
  • "lag" doesn't always equate to layer 3 round trip times.

or in the case of the network tool in the game, one way times.
  • "lag" doesn't always equate to layer 3 round trip times.

or in the case of the network tool in the game, one way times.

Oh for sure. There's variance, packet loss, tick rates, all sorts of info that isn't given to you guys for this game. Or really any game on console. Although it is sometimes hard to find it on pc in every game.

It's not. Double it.

Most likely the game isn't reporting accurately. I live in the SF Bay area and my pings are always between 17-28ms but 90% of my games in EASHL have fat man lag or very noticeable input delay.

And as many others have stated, EA NHL is the only game in which I have any online issues.
    I'm in Fairfield Ca and have the same issue as you. I've had ping as low as 8ms and the game plays terribly. It's been like this for years. About half my games play ok, the rest I'm fighting the controller or game the entire time.

It's not. Double it.

It's only reporting one way for some reason. So half of what your full ping would be. I ping about 100ms in any game where I play on east servers, except hockey where it reads 50. When I'm on the west every other game has my ping about 20, hockey is average 10. Incredible how the games ping is 2x as good but 5x less responsive haha

It's not. Double it.

It's only reporting one way for some reason. So half of what your full ping would be. I ping about 100ms in any game where I play on east servers, except hockey where it reads 50. When I'm on the west every other game has my ping about 20, hockey is average 10. Incredible how the games ping is 2x as good but 5x less responsive haha

Game traffic is one way, doesn't require a response. It's not connection oriented like a TCP of a file transfer that requires acknowledgements. So, if EAs measurement tool is "cutting it in half", it makes sense to me.

It's not. Double it.

Game traffic is one way, doesn't require a response. It's not connection oriented like a TCP of a file transfer that requires acknowledgements. So, if EAs measurement tool is "cutting it in half", it makes sense to me.

When you play a game online you have client side data. Your opponents have client side data. You need to send that data to the server and receive the updated data from the server. It's a two way street.

This is why tick rate is so important but @NHLDev is being awfully quiet regarding my question about what the tick rate is.

It's not. Double it.

When you play a game online you have client side data. Your opponents have client side data. You need to send that data to the server and receive the updated data from the server. It's a two way street.

This is why tick rate is so important but @NHLDev is being awfully quiet regarding my question about what the tick rate is.

The NHL Online guy who came on here last year was the same way. He cherry picked questions and refused to go into detail about the important stuff. He even blatantly said it works one way when my personal experience was vastly different than what he was saying.

It's clear at this point that EA has either no clue what the issue is, or knows what the issue is and just doesn't know or want to invest the time and money into a solution. Either way, I don't expect any of this to get resolved any time soon. I maintain that a centrally located server would go a long was in fixing the majority of issues, but EA Online guy basically said they've looked into it but weren't willing to actually invest in that at this time.

It's not. Double it.

The NHL Online guy who came on here last year was the same way. He cherry picked questions and refused to go into detail about the important stuff. He even blatantly said it works one way when my personal experience was vastly different than what he was saying.

It's clear at this point that EA has either no clue what the issue is, or knows what the issue is and just doesn't know or want to invest the time and money into a solution. Either way, I don't expect any of this to get resolved any time soon. I maintain that a centrally located server would go a long was in fixing the majority of issues, but EA Online guy basically said they've looked into it but weren't willing to actually invest in that at this time.

Well idk if you played bf4 but when it launched it was riddled with connection issues. Well it was traced to be a low tick rate problem. The tick rate was 10. That means the server is getting data from the clients 10 times every second. In a twitch style game like an fps and like nhl seems where split second decisions are made that causes problems. Csgo is a 64 tick game and even that is cause for some problems where doubling it to 128 is needed. NHL doesn't need anything that high but if it's at around 10 that could be a source of issues.

@NHLDev any input on this?