EA Forums - Banner

NHL 18 in 4K?

Can someone help me out here?

In the Xbox store the standard edition of NHL 18 (out Friday) doesn't list 4K as a capability.

The HUT scam Young Stars editions (out at midnight tonight) do list 4K as a capability.

Is this really true that if you just want to buy the regular game because you don't support HUT that you don't get 4K capability for the basic overall game display?

I have a high end 60" 4K TV. Will it even make a difference? Or do I have to buy an edition I don't need just for 4K?

I suppose someone could just PayPal me a bunch of cash for all my packs.
Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com

Replies

• Axel_Owretchsin
    296 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I think this is pretty important for buyers. I'd take this to some kind of customer service rep, preferably an online chat or something if EA even provides that service.

EDIT: With a cursory search, I'm not seeing much on 4k capability. I'm thinking NHL 18 isn't 4k ready. They might have that for 19 along with Frostbite, but never know with EA and NHL.
  • I just checked Madden and it doesn't list 4K as a capability on any of the different editions.
  • Dont have the link, but one of the EA producers came online and said gameplay is in 4k, with the new xbox. But the crowd isnt.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • But not in the Standard edition?
  • D19Box
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2017
  • Whatever xbox you have right now won't be outputting native 4k anyways. It's just an upscale, which is what your TV is doing anyways.

The question is will NHL 18 support UHD and HDR when the Xbox One X releases. That would be nice to know.
  • Whatever xbox you have right now won't be outputting native 4k anyways. It's just an upscale, which is what your TV is doing anyways.

The question is will NHL 18 support UHD and HDR when the Xbox One X releases. That would be nice to know.

Thank you.
  • You will need X1X to render at 4K. It is already 4K on the PS4 Pro.
  • D19Box
    102 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    You will need X1X to render at 4K. It is already 4K on the PS4 Pro.

Yeah. I guess I don't understand why they show a difference between editions though. Same game, just one has more HUT scam packs.
  • They want people in your position who won't question it and will just buy the more expensive option. It's like they think their customer base is too stupid to question something like that.
  • What is the Situation on PS4? Does NHL18 Support 4K on PS4 Pro?
  • BassMan_PC
    357 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    D19Box wrote: »
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    You will need X1X to render at 4K. It is already 4K on the PS4 Pro.

Yeah. I guess I don't understand why they show a difference between editions though. Same game, just one has more HUT scam packs.

The core game is exactly the same regardless of which version you buy. They may offer HUT packs or other scams in the more expensive editions, but I wouldn't spend a penny more than the standard edition. Even then, I do not recommend paying full price for this game. Charging full price for a recycled game every year is a scam in itself. The standard edition is fully featured... 4K and all.
    What is the Situation on PS4? Does NHL18 Support 4K on PS4 Pro?

Yes, NHL 18 on PS4 Pro is 4K. If you actually read the thread before posting, you would have known that.
  • Forizeal
    11 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    No HDR or frostbite, like in real life NHL is far behind the other games. No little Caesars arena even though it's in NBA . Smh