EA Forums - Banner

standard edition vs super edition

dirty pool ea....

standard out the 15th....

super duper edition out on the 12th .....like every other year,,,and everything else that gets released every tuesday.

am i wrong?
THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    dirty pool ea....

standard out the 15th....

super duper edition out on the 12th .....like every other year,,,and everything else that gets released every tuesday.

am i wrong?

They did the exact same thing with Battlefield Early Enlister.

Some people will always pay to get things earlier than others. Free money.
  • Yes, you have to pay more to have the privilege of playing a broken game early.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Yes, you have to pay more to have the privilege of playing a broken game early.

I was going to say stop being negative, but then I looked at the profile picture and saw you were a salty Habs fan
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Yes, you have to pay more to have the privilege of playing a broken game early.

I was going to say stop being negative, but then I looked at the profile picture and saw you were a salty Habs fan

The only thing making me salty is the lack of progress with the EA NHL franchise. How can I be salty about the Bruins when we dominate them?
  • madden too ....i just didn't realize.

So pay more to get the game on time...wow.

they really have no shame!

Habs rule!well the 70's anyways...
  • madden too ....i just didn't realize.

So pay more to get the game on time...wow.

they really have no shame!

Habs rule!well the 70's anyways...

What? There's no law that says games have to release on Tuesdays. Media used to release on Tuesdays before everything went digital. Now that's not needed. Release dates are up to the publisher. EA chose a Friday and gave you early access with the special editions. It is releasing on time. Just not according to your schedule which doesn't matter because you didn't make the game.
  • No they chose friday to milk a little more money.

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    No they chose friday to milk a little more money.

You get 3 days early access. If they still released on Tuesday you'd have early access Saturday, Sunday, Monday. This would be more worthwhile but never going to happen.

At least the countdown is set for midnight. Battlefield didn't even unlock toll 3am EST. Got a full refund for false advertising.
  • This is the new trend of EA. FIfa is doing the 3 days early. Battlefront 2 is going to be doing the 3 days early. Welcome to a new form of getting a little extra by throwing some digital stuff with some early play.

• cbxero
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2017

You get 3 days early access. If they still released on Tuesday you'd have early access Saturday, Sunday, Monday. This would be more worthwhile but never going to happen.

At least the countdown is set for midnight. Battlefield didn't even unlock toll 3am EST. Got a full refund for false advertising.

No you didn't. That's still midnight PST. I find this very difficult to believe.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    cbxero wrote: »

No you didn't. That's still midnight PST. I find this very difficult to believe.

Dunno why is it so hard to believe. I took a photo and it clearly stated midnight EST. I called PS the next day and told them what happened. I got my $20 Early Enlister refunded.

here's some proof

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/battlefield_one/comments/57zh85/battlefield_on_twitter_has_said_the_game_will/

I even got a message from DICE producer Braddock512 apologizing for the mishap.

So yeah ... I did.
  • the extra $ is pretty much for the extras, if your going to play HUT it's worth it!
    HUT = Kickass Gaming
    PSN = MastaDamage
  • i do buy extra super duper versions for the extras... i guess thats why i never noticed BF1 as i purchased the special console which had early access

Back with Tuesday releases, early access started on the Friday before. So, they did release on a Friday then in a sense. Were you complaining about this then?
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Sinbin wrote: »

Back with Tuesday releases, early access started on the Friday before. So, they did release on a Friday then in a sense. Were you complaining about this then?

I'm not complaining.
  • Lol, now we're complaining about the ability to play the game early with a special edition purchase ?
  • I AM COMPLAINING!!

its not early!
  • just pick the edition you want and move on.. this is just silly

All releases on steam are whatever time but always pacific. However I'm guessing EA didn't state that fact which is shown on all to be released steam games.
  • Sinbin wrote: »

I'm not complaining.

Yep. Apologies for that. Should have been directed at the OP.