EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Tried to get in a positive mood for 18.....BUT....

I haven't picked up a controller for NHL 17 in about two months due to constant input lag problems. I figured since the new game is coming out in a few days I would re-download 17 and see how things are going; and maybe even get hyped for the new game.

Well, after a few games last night and about ten more today I have decided to delete 17 from my PS4 again due to the same input lag problems. There is just no way to play this game and have fun with it as long as you have to fight the lag more than your opponents, and that's going to be the exact case when 18 drops as well. I'm sure it will be a tad worse as each year seems to feel "heavier" than the previous game.

I honestly tried to get into a positive mindset for this but just couldn't do it. I have pre-ordered the game the last 5-6 years and have made a midnight purchase a few other times before that. This year just feels like it's going to be neither one for me. If it wasn't for Uncharted and The Last of Us I probably would have sold off my PS4 by now too.

EA just doesn't get it or want to get it.