EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

EASHL 3 on 3

By far my favorite mode in many years. It's just non-stop action up and down the ice. You have plenty of room to cycle and setup some fun plays. To the people complaining about poke check...PASS THE PUCK or PROTECT THE PUCK. I play defense and man its so nice to be able to time the poke checks or get my stick in the passing lane. For some reason I hated the Beta but I love the game AS IS if only for this mode.

Please do not nerf the poke check for the guys who wanna spin in the corner for 20 seconds looking for a cross crease.

Replies

• Check the IGN review of NHL.
    The reviewer complains about poke check basically being OP and needing to be reviewed as a concept altogether. This while showing clips of himself trying to skate right in between 2 opposing D nonstop.

This is why it may be nerfed. because lots of people have no clue how to play hockey and never actually played real hockey and just want to be heroes skating in the slot unchallenged and feel awesome at passing throught he D (glorified cones)

Its unfortunately what EA has trained them to do in the recent years.
  • I really hope you're wrong. The only place I think it could be toned down is when poking from a skating who is skating away from you. It's a little unrealistic but not game breaking.

• Pokes face to face are not the issue. It's when the puck carrier is clearly by a defender or has body position and they spam poke and make a "great defensive play". And this coming from someone who plays defense half the time.
  • 3's is da bomb
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Three on three EASHL is fun no doubt, but there's not many people that play ea NHL online as it is and this is dividing normal 6 on 6 drop ins up with all the 3 on 3 players. It takes even longer to find a 6 on 6 now
  • MartinScoresEZ
    42 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I'm fine with not being able to skate through everyone like usual, but do you guys realize that you can poke a player that's holding the puck on the complete opposite side of his body, with the greatest of ease??? Sorry, but that's not hockey. That's what we call garbage, and that needs to change. .
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    Check the IGN review of NHL.
    The reviewer complains about poke check basically being OP and needing to be reviewed as a concept altogether. This while showing clips of himself trying to skate right in between 2 opposing D nonstop.

This is why it may be nerfed. because lots of people have no clue how to play hockey and never actually played real hockey and just want to be heroes skating in the slot unchallenged and feel awesome at passing throught he D (glorified cones)

Its unfortunately what EA has trained them to do in the recent years.

cookies for you. It's gonna get nerved and basically be like it doesn't exist(hello Threes mode...seriously, the DSS is useless in that mode, AI clips right through you).
    "Tell me all about it Ted, every detail, dot every comma"- Tug Benson
  • Full collision detection. Nuff said.
  • I resent my connection and set my tv to GAME MODE and it seemed to have made the game incredibly smooth.
  • Full collision detection. Nuff said.

The claim from ea in the past on this is it will make the game actually unplayable because too hard.

I say it might result in more tripping penalties but also some instances it'd just be more natural to protect the puck because they'd be hitting the outside of your leg with a relatively light hit which really shouldn't be bringing an nhl player down.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • guacapoli wrote: »
    I resent my connection and set my tv to GAME MODE and it seemed to have made the game incredibly smooth.

yeah.... that's a thing.
    Tastes Good With The Money https://youtube.com/watch?v=GS4dO-0YI2E
  • guacapoli wrote: »
    I resent my connection and set my tv to GAME MODE and it seemed to have made the game incredibly smooth.

yeah.... that's a thing.

You know what else is a thing, and it really helps? Rolling a consistent 120fps. Feels so smooth and mmmmm.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7