EA Forums - Banner

Wanna complain that nothing gets changed and the devs don't care? Think you can do better? Here

Replies

• "Candidates are expected to possess a minimum of 10+ years experience as a Producer/Designer within the video game industry"

Are they possibly doing more harm than good with that requirement? In all honesty, any job openings related to tech have a tendancy to raise the bar too high for applicants, dismissing many who could thrive in said positions.

Maybe it's just me, but I believe many of the hardcore members of the player community would be excellent candidates for this role. But I am sure that they don't fit the experience requirements.

Also noteworthy:

"In addition to these foundational production skills and experience, the ideal candidate for the Creative Director, would have a strong handle on established and emerging areas to include: online/live business models, eSports, story driven experience, knowledge/experience in driving digital console development and a passion for gaming and building games."

Interesting that they highighted eSports. Could this potentially mean another overhaul of EASHL should be expected at some point in the near future?

Furthermore, does this mean a story mode similar to The Journey or Longshot all but confirmed for NHL 19?
  • you left off the most important one @NuttySportsFan

Help team prioritize highest business value features and set quality targets.

• Im actually little disappointed they looking for someone. I think they already got the right guy for this position in the house.

Or they can just call me of course, I'm excellent in making any kind of interviews :smiley:
  • If my field was video game programming and not cnc programming and operating maybe I'd apply.
  • "Candidates are expected to possess a minimum of 10+ years experience as a Producer/Designer within the video game industry"

Are they possibly doing more harm than good with that requirement? In all honesty, any job openings related to tech have a tendancy to raise the bar too high for applicants, dismissing many who could thrive in said positions.

Maybe it's just me, but I believe many of the hardcore members of the player community would be excellent candidates for this role. But I am sure that they don't fit the experience requirements.

Also noteworthy:

"In addition to these foundational production skills and experience, the ideal candidate for the Creative Director, would have a strong handle on established and emerging areas to include: online/live business models, eSports, story driven experience, knowledge/experience in driving digital console development and a passion for gaming and building games."

Interesting that they highighted eSports. Could this potentially mean another overhaul of EASHL should be expected at some point in the near future?

Furthermore, does this mean a story mode similar to The Journey or Longshot all but confirmed for NHL 19?

Kinda sounds like they need someone to write a story for them.
  • Rammer done? I really hope so.

Also noteworthy:

Bolded Part! That's like when, take for instance the City of Pittsburgh, requires their Police, Fire, EMTs to all live with the City Limits! Uh NOT everyone wants to pay outrageous taxes for the Right to say they Live in / Work for the City! Not only that but you are creating a smaller search Area for finding NEW Talent!

• @SGDragonSlayerYT

You made my day sir, well said indeed!

As for others questing if they can get it based on that requirement list, if you are interested in the job I say just go for it. You have nothing to lose and everything to gain! Just put your best foot forward and see what happens even if you dont necessarily fit all the stuff they listed there. It is expected of course but not always a must for specific stuff etc.

At worst you get a "no" reply and learn from it and move on and maybe one day in the future you try again and get it. And at best you actually get a yes reply and with that make a life changing step for the better.

So dont be afraid and just go for it if you really what it and who knows.... you might even get it in the end.