EA Forums - Banner

PS4 - Buy Now error

TheChuck15
14 posts Member
edited September 2017
I select Buy Now and get an error (failed to retrieve data) and then get booted to game menu screen.

What's up with that craziness ?

I had been very active flipping players with no earlier issue. Wondering (this is only the 2nd time I purchased EA NHL video game) if maybe I was too active flipping: Is this frowned upon? Just trying to get coins without giving EA anymore of my real money via these micro-transactions.

UPDATE: Still getting error for HUT 18 Buy Now.

Also, I did an auction bid and this worked fine (I won and got the card) and I then went to NHL 17 for a Buy Now that worked fine ... So just a problem with Buy Now in 18
Post edited by TheChuck15 on

Replies

• It's an ongoing issue that they don't bother fixing or don't bother to provide a more descriptive error message. You're not doing anything wrong.

Do auctions actually work this year (real time without having to back out to know if your bid is the top bid or not)?
  • It's because someone bought it right before you did
  • It's because someone bought it right before you did

exact.
  • I think your error could be that you have coins in escrow. I was flipping cards and it gave me 15000 coins from a lost bid that I shouldn't have had. Immediately after the same thing would happen to me. Message ea help on Twitter, you may lose coins but your problem will get cleared up. And in reality the coins weren't yours anyway
  • FtRD occurs if someone bought it right before you but I dunno why you are getting dashboarded.
  • I have seen the expected Fail message after losing out to someone who beat me to card. That is much different than what I see - mine returns an error code like Def55555555775-00000000099-gghft56354 (that's not exact but it is a code of that length and that appearance). Also after trying Buy Now, getting error message, and booted to game menu, I go back in and the card is still there. So it wasn't a case of someone "beating" me to the card.

But thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts ... appreciated.

Also, I did an auction bid and this worked fine (I won and got the card) and I then went to NHL 17 for a Buy Now that worked fine ... So just a problem with Buy Now in 18
  • I think your error could be that you have coins in escrow. I was flipping cards and it gave me 15000 coins from a lost bid that I shouldn't have had. Immediately after the same thing would happen to me. Message ea help on Twitter, you may lose coins but your problem will get cleared up. And in reality the coins weren't yours anyway

I don't think this is the case BUT this is interesting. At times I have seen a few coins (50 - 100) fly across the screen out of nowhere. But because I always have a whole bunch of 50 - 100 active bids going on, I assumed that the coins where just being returned for someone out bidding me.

I think a call to EA is order. If I lose coins (I only have like 35K) that's fine just as long as they aren't really mine.

I will update in case others are having similar issues.

Thanks
  • TheChuck15 wrote: »
    I think your error could be that you have coins in escrow. I was flipping cards and it gave me 15000 coins from a lost bid that I shouldn't have had. Immediately after the same thing would happen to me. Message ea help on Twitter, you may lose coins but your problem will get cleared up. And in reality the coins weren't yours anyway

I don't think this is the case BUT this is interesting. At times I have seen a few coins (50 - 100) fly across the screen out of nowhere. But because I always have a whole bunch of 50 - 100 active bids going on, I assumed that the coins where just being returned for someone out bidding me.

I think a call to EA is order. If I lose coins (I only have like 35K) that's fine just as long as they aren't really mine.

Thanks

I think it's certainly worth a try. What happened to me was it like gave double a lost bid back. So I bid 13 000 I think it was and lost. And it gave me it back twice kinda thing. And it might only be 1000 with you or something that you wouldn't notice. But everything your describing is exactly what happened to me. So I'd say it's worth a shot.
    I think your error could be that you have coins in escrow. I was flipping cards and it gave me 15000 coins from a lost bid that I shouldn't have had. Immediately after the same thing would happen to me. Message ea help on Twitter, you may lose coins but your problem will get cleared up. And in reality the coins weren't yours anyway

Thanks

I think it's certainly worth a try. What happened to me was it like gave double a lost bid back. So I bid 13 000 I think it was and lost. And it gave me it back twice kinda thing. And it might only be 1000 with you or something that you wouldn't notice. But everything your describing is exactly what happened to me. So I'd say it's worth a shot.

Happened to me in nhl17, very annoying.
  • How nice of you all that replied!

So here is the latest:

Spoke with EA.

Tech looked into it and indicated that it wasn't a problem on my end. Rather something on their side regarding my account and that he was escalating. (He didn't offer the stuck coins/escrow condition as an explanation but it sure sounds like the problem is something of that nature).

He put me hold and then came back and asked me to try ... No Luck - Still getting error message.

He said it may take 24 - 48 hrs to start working.

Well that wasn't what I wanted to hear (I wanted to stay on the phone until resolved) but I am left hopeful because of the following:

1 - I contacted EA via the website and requested that they call me
    2 - (Shockingly) 15 minutes later EA called
    3 - The guy seemed sincere about wanting to get this resolved
    4 - He indicated that EA would give me a Gold Pack Plus because of this issue
    5 - I checked my game inbox and (shockingly again) there was a Gold Pack Plus!!!

So the guy is legit enough to be able to authorize I get a fee Gold Pack (and we know nothing in gaming is free anymore) and he provided me with a case number that I can access online, so ... fingers crossed, maybe this will work out.

Will update when I know more.

I select Buy Now and get an error (failed to retrieve data) and then get booted to game menu screen.

I had been very active flipping players with no earlier issue. Wondering (this is only the 2nd time I purchased EA NHL video game) if maybe I was too active flipping: Is this frowned upon? Just trying to get coins without giving EA anymore of my real money via these micro-transactions.

I too have this problems. But ea help . com help me resolve this.
    Nashville Predators Fan. NHL19 Russia - https://vk.com/nhl19_nhl_19_ps4_xboxone
    How nice of you all that replied!

So here is the latest:

Spoke with EA.

Tech looked into it and indicated that it wasn't a problem on my end. Rather something on their side regarding my account and that he was escalating. (He didn't offer the stuck coins/escrow condition as an explanation but it sure sounds like the problem is something of that nature).

He put me hold and then came back and asked me to try ... No Luck - Still getting error message.

Well that wasn't what I wanted to hear (I wanted to stay on the phone until resolved) but I am left hopeful because of the following:

5 - I checked my game inbox and (shockingly again) there was a Gold Pack Plus!!!

So the guy is legit enough to be able to authorize I get a fee Gold Pack (and we know nothing in gaming is free anymore) and he provided me with a case number that I can access online, so ... fingers crossed, maybe this will work out.

Wow, wish I would've got a gold pack. Although they did let me keep those 13 000 coins.
    How nice of you all that replied!

So here is the latest:

Spoke with EA.

Wow, wish I would've got a gold pack. Although they did let me keep those 13 000 coins.

Well I will trade you my pack for your Buy Now functionality. Pack had 1 85 and 2 84s, so nothing too great (but it was a nice gesture) ... now if they would just get this resolved ... still getting the long error code.

Just curious (as I'm at 12 hrs with still no fix): How long after reporting did you get this resolved?
    TheChuck15 wrote: »

Just curious (as I'm at 12 hrs with still no fix): How long after reporting did you get this resolved?

It was probably about 24 hours for me. Maybe not quite.
  • Back in business!

Contacted EA again and requested another call back. And once again, I received a call 15 min later. The Tech indicated that the matter was still being reviewed and I could expect a resolution soon.

Pro Tip: Tell them that on the EA forum, others users shared stories about how this was a "Coin Stuck" issue.

10 minutes later ... Back in business.

Big thanks to all who helped me sort this out!
  • Wow ! Spent all of 17 with 80k stuck lol, thought ea couldnt do anything
  • skhese
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I have this problem on Xbox. I've contacted EA help Chat twice but no help! How can i get coins stuck cleared from my account?!?!?! pls

Edit. I tried to buy a card with an alternate account and no problems at all. But everything is on my first account so would be great to get it fixed
    Post edited by skhese on