EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Fun is back in hockey!

Because you have to pass the puck and make plays. Like in real hockey! No more solo dancers. Im loving it! No just pray ea dosent change anything because kiddies whine about poke beeing op. It is just perfect as it is now.

Replies

• Yeah, that's true, except that it is only fun about half the time. EASHL is the only online mode I play so I can't speak for the others, but at least half the EASHL games have so many lag issues that you feel like you're fighting your controller the whole time so there's no fun to be had. The other half are smooth and fun. Unfortunately whenever I end up with 2 or 3 of the laggy games in a session, I just want to throw it out the window so I switch to another game or Netflix.
  • I agree, it's pretty solid! Everything feels great online.
    Just add a mid server or two so everyone can play with minimal lag and it would be righteous.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1123 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Actually, our EASHL games have been surprisingly smooth this season, no lag to speak of really. At times the game feels almost too fast, faster than HUT for example. Which is odd, because some of my team mates say it feels too slow? I dunno, maybe it just feels that way due to the camera view I use (zone). This is on PS4 and Europe.

Have played only one dropin game as goalie, and let in one bug goal where the goalie makes this odd twich when the opponent shoots/passes a slow one at the goal. This has been reported many times.

And in one game our opponent did two goals using the rebound from blueline shot, and we had one AI d-man. So that hasn't gone anywhere.

Poke seems *maybe* a little too effective, especially from behind. This year you can stop a breakaways even without taking a penalty, so no need to make that desperate leap after him (which is sure penalty shot).
  • The poke check is OP bro, absolutely...half these dudes skate around spamming it all game... its madr average defenders superstars..
  • Made*
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1694 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Don't change the "OP" poke...it's perfect. That's all we have on defense.
    Pull your hut ovechking in hut and force goals, but please don't nerf Defense in online team play
  • Some solo shots are a little more effective than I would have like tho.
  • Hon shot first!
  • HA! I played the #1 and #2 overall in EASHL and you would have thrown your controller.. people still rag the puck, just as much if not more this year
  • HA! I played the #1 and #2 overall in EASHL and you would have thrown your controller.. people still rag the puck, just as much if not more this year

Well...the "invincibility bubble" is still there and has been for how many years now? It looks so freakin ridiculous and always has.