EA Forums - Banner

Best for offline gm, 13, 14, legacy?

MetalMilitia623
1464 posts Member
edited September 2017
So I have 13 and been playing it some again between runs on pubg and tarkov because if my squad is alive I have nothing to do while waiting. I have 14 shipping to me and have heard I shouldn't have gotten it due to legacy being a more complete version.

I'm wondering what more opinions I can get on this. Which version seems to be the best for offline probably gm play? I like the idea of the better hitting physics in 14 over 13 but I've heard other complaints about it as well.
Post edited by MetalMilitia623 on

Replies

• That's weird, I remember 13 having better hitting physics than 14. I believe most people simply couldnt handle the way TPS acted in 13 and were thus bad at lining up hits to begin with.

I would go as far as to say that 14 hitting reminded me of 12's hitting...that is to say, not enough impact.
  • So I have 13 and been playing it some again between runs on pubg and tarkov because if my squad is alive I have nothing to do while waiting. I have 14 shipping to me and have heard I shouldn't have gotten it due to legacy being a more complete version.

I'm wondering what more opinions I can get on this. Which version seems to be the best for offline probably gm play? I like the idea of the better hitting physics in 14 over 13 but I've heard other complaints about it as well.

If you want to play the "best" offline GM mode, then try to find NHL 2K8 which, IMHO, had the deepest and most rewarding Franchise mode of any hockey game, bar none!

I never could play Franchise mode in any hockey game after that. Not even 2K9 and 2K10.
  • Hmm. Well I'm not looking to just Sim a gm mode because that is best done on pc with east side hockey manager
  • Hmm. Well I'm not looking to just Sim a gm mode because that is best done on pc with east side hockey manager

EHM ruins anything for GM mode. If EHM had 3d models for games and a bit better system to see improvements in players, I'd never stop playing it. I'd love to see a hockey version of Football Manager.
  • Yea if I was just looking to sim the mode. I want to play a decent amount of the games so I'm looking for the best combo of gm features and 3d game play
  • Go for Legacy. The simming for that mode is most accurate out of the three.

I remember NHL 14 would never sim well for two-way forwards or power forwards, it made the leading scorers weird. You'd hardly see Crosby at the top of the leading scorers. It would also be too random for teams, contending teams at the time like Pittsburgh, Chicago, Anaheim, etc. would miss the playoffs. Legacy's simulation took care of those problems.

Gameplay wise, the game got better overall. There are still problems but they're minimized in Legacy.
    I'd say to buy Legacy, it will be the most rewarding experience of the three games.

Hope this helped.
  • I've had a few others suggest legacy as well. If I can find it for the right price I'll probably grab it.
  • It's still available Digitally on Xbox Market for 29$. Don't know if it was ever available on disc...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    It's still available Digitally on Xbox Market for 29$. Don't know if it was ever available on disc...

I've seen it around as a disc copy.
  • Update on this, got nhl 14. So far after one game the skating feels smoother and more responsive than 13. The hitting feels pretty good as well. Seems like those hits where you're skating the same direction as another player hitting their back sending them flying are all but gone.

Plus the collisions look more natural and you can go flying over bodies on the ice. Still probably going to get legacy just because it should follow the trend and be even better, right?
  • OK after a few games of 14 really glad I didn't pay more than 4$ for it. The puck is way too bouncy and not just on dumps but rebounds too. Really crazy. Hopefully I can get a copy of legacy and have something better.

In the meantime anyone know any slider settings to help the bouncy problem?