EA Forums - Banner

My proposed solutions to greatly improve the game.

2Next

Replies

• B-Bunny wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    The eashl attributes are rather high.

I beg to differ. It feels like you are actually playing with CHL rated players more often than not. Like someone mentioned...day and night difference between those D and NHL D. No disrespect meant Bunny.

No disrespect taken. I'm just stating, I've seen the attributes. They are well within the 80s and with some in the 90s for specialized attributes on the particular class.

I don't think they've been posted because people would nitpick at the attributes - weighting them against other players of that playertype. The point of the attributes on the playerclasses is to make that build play like that class. If the PWF build plays like a PWF, then the job is done. Posting the attributes wouldn't lead to anything constructive.

Specifically, the agi/speed/accel attributes too?

They may very well have them higher and mess with sliders/settings for eashl in other ways. not sure.
    But they definitely feel different than playing the counterpart in other modes.
  • The player attributes aren't as important as the sliders used for 6v6 gameplay.

The gamespeed and player acceleration tuning will have more of an impact on actually making the game feel explosive and fast twitch (like hockey is supposed to feel) than simply bumping the builds from 90 speed to 95 speed.

Go toy with the sliders offline to see what I mean. A few clicks to the right with the gamespeed slider and the players actually feel like they can accelerate out of stops and starts akin to someone with at minimum high school leg strength, rather than senior citizen leg strength as the current slider set would suggest.

Yah you may be 100% right. it may all be sliders instead of actual attributes. I never tweaked with those myself but I believe you for sure. Either way, up them sliders to match those of other gamemodes in that case. Nomatter what it is, attributes or sliders, something feels slower and clunkier in EASHL.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    No disrespect taken. I'm just stating, I've seen the attributes. They are well within the 80s and with some in the 90s for specialized attributes on the particular class.

I can only assume that the 80's to 90's attributes to EASHL skaters apply to EASHL goalies as well?

Assuming the 80's-90's attributes do apply to EASHL goalies, I think that could explain how often goalies are able to make great saves going across their crease (spider-man goalies). Could lowering those attributes reduce how often those amazing saves happen?

In my opinion, I think they would. I also believe lowering the attributes of AI EASHL goalies would also not have that many consequences if at all. Because whether a goalie's overall is 78 or 90 they are all easily scored on by shots from the high slot, let's call them "EA snipes". If anything lowering the attributes will give player's more options to score on the goalie. The OP mentioned this.
    kezz123 wrote: »
    People feel its unrewarding to make a nice play, beat the defense just to be stopped by the AI goalie.

I experience the same thing myself when my teammates and I are able to open up the defense in the offensive zone and get a quality to high-quality one-timer. The AI goalie shuts down our chances more often than I think they should. Yet the same AI goalie is helpless when it comes to EA snipes coming in off the rush.

Since maybe NHL 13-14 (more so in 15,16,17,18) I have never felt rewarded enough for cycling the puck, opening up the defense, getting off a good one-timer. I don't even feel rewarded for taking some quality shots but it won't go in because it doesn't abide by the algorithm. I could cycle the puck and open up the defense with the goal of an getting off the EA snipe but I don't think that should be the better option.

I don't want to feel like I'm abiding by the algorithm of the EA snipe, granted this whole game is a bunch of 1's and 0's but I want the game to keep me in the moment and forget about the 1's and 0's. If it were up to me I would lower the chances of the EA snipe going in and diversify the different shots that are allowed to go in. Though that's a different conversation altogether.

In Summary:
    • EASHL AI goalies may have high attributes (Let's assume they do)
    • Lowering them could reduce spiderman goalies in EASHL
    • Lowering them won't increase high slot goals (EA Snipes) because goalies can't save those goals regardless of their overalls
    • EA snipes make the game feel formulaic, diversify the shots that can go in
  • does it matter if it's low attributes or high attributes that are just knocked way down by sliders? EASHL classes are garbage players . basically everyone everywhere agrees to this point. you play with real players and everything instantly gets better, especially the skating.
  • kezz123
    572 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I experience the same thing myself when my teammates and I are able to open up the defense in the offensive zone and get a quality to high-quality one-timer. The AI goalie shuts down our chances more often than I think they should. Yet the same AI goalie is helpless when it comes to EA snipes coming in off the rush.

This is why the game has been reduced to 99.9% of the teams in EASHL doing the SAME thing over and over and over and over. Skate as fast as possible in opposing zone, skate left shoot right. Ok opponent's turn/ Rinse and repeat until end of game and see who pulled it off the most often.

Its complete trash to play and watch and its beyond me how people can still play the game. It used to be different teams did different things. Some tried cross crease a lot....some did wrap around...some tried to glitch shot all game....some tried passing a lot....most of these strats worked but could be defended against, the best teams were those who could do a mix of all these (unpredictability) and defend all these. it became a chess game just like real hockey is. Try to bait the D and do something else. Creativity was a factor. Now? haha.

Now? there is no effort. The so called top teams are those who can master the skate left shoot right pattern the most consistently. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Then people get fancy and "do a passing play" IE: they pass to another guy who skates left shoot right and they call it an amazing play. lol