EA Forums - Banner

This Is How I Lost A Game!?!

It makes me so sad what this franchise turned into lol

Replies

• Look at the bright side, you got a good timing balloon.
  • Always got to look on the bright side right lol
  • Man that sucks, sorry bro. My second favourite is when your AI defensive partner for whatever reason begins pushing you towards your goalie with the puck and your skater twitches out and pops it in the net.
  • First, as a right shot on the right dot, don't win on your forehand or that happens. Second, you can aim your FaceOff win with the left stick, this looks like what happens when you just roll the right stick and don't touch the left stick. It sucks but there's worse, I just played a game where I lost 3-1 when we outshot them 28-8 and they had just 2 minutes time on attack the whole game. The computer definately has a hand in who wins this game
  • MDubz83 wrote: »
    First, as a right shot on the right dot, don't win on your forehand or that happens.

He has to win that faceoff on his forehand. Can't risk getting tied up and giving up the open one-timer off the pass (since the far-side defenseman never covers the open winger).

You can try to avert this problem by aiming your faceoff win, but the aim isn't always that reliable. And in any case, it's ridiculous that this is still in the game -- been complaining about it for two years, and it just shouldn't be an issue anymore.

• It’s just silly tho if you win a faceoff perfectly clean that can happen, I find winning faceoffs isn’t even a big advantage because of the O.P poke check and what not, hard to get into the opponents zone after winning the faceoff, I no I’m not the best at the game but still finding it frustrating
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    MDubz83 wrote: »
    First, as a right shot on the right dot, don't win on your forehand or that happens.

He has to win that faceoff on his forehand. Can't risk getting tied up and giving up the open one-timer off the pass (since the far-side defenseman never covers the open winger).

You can try to avert this problem by aiming your faceoff win, but the aim isn't always that reliable. And in any case, it's ridiculous that this is still in the game -- been complaining about it for two years, and it just shouldn't be an issue anymore.

I've been a right handed center since the beginning of the skill stick era and if you don't aim that forehand win and just roll the right stick you will put it on net every time. I always go for the backhand straight down to the corner from there if he's on his backhand. If he's trying forehand I stick lift down.
  • Dont worry. Its realistic to the oilers games
  • Plays like that are why I'm so happy I didn't buy the game this year. It's a classic case of EA reaching too far by trying to create a more natural goalie that reacts to the plays in front of him instead of how things used to work because people complained about spiderman goalies. Pretty sure this has been happening since 15 or 16 too.

It's really hard to appreciate new features when there are major bugs like this in the game. I'm sure someone will try to argue that this isn't a "major bug" because the game still works and it doesn't crash or anything, but this is a hockey game where one goal can have a huge impact on a game. If this were GTA 5 with a hockey mini-game, it's certainly not a big deal, but the only thing you can do in NHL is play hockey and it has flaws like these that decide the outcome of games.
  • Hey lmao, I lost in Game 7 Overtime because my guy grabbed the pop-up puck after my goalie saved it and tossed it to his stick that was in the net... yep.
  • I've seen worse... Lost the elite Eashl playoff banner when the opposing team iced the puck off the end boards then off the cpu goalies skate and slowly crossed the goal line.../@wtfEA.