EA Forums - Banner

I Guess They Nerfed Pokes...

My teammate has a 99 diving rating in EASHL.
https://imgur.com/7VpzBVA

Replies

  • Same thing would sometimes happen in 17 but I've yet to see it that far away haha
  • BassMan_PC
    352 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Wow! That is hilariously bad. On the topic of pokes... I am glad they have been toned down. They were way OP before and totally killed the flow of the game.
  • stevey1219 wrote: »
    My teammate has a 99 diving rating in EASHL.
    https://imgur.com/7VpzBVA

    hey its brad marchand
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Wow! That is hilariously bad. On the topic of pokes... I am glad they have been toned down. They were way OP before and totally killed the flow of the game.

    Ugh once again catering to scrub offence only players...this series is one more 🎃🎃🎃🎃 release from being RMPGAT
  • Every time I poke check it's a tripping call so I don't use it often.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Wow! That is hilariously bad. On the topic of pokes... I am glad they have been toned down. They were way OP before and totally killed the flow of the game.

    Ugh once again catering to scrub offence only players...this series is one more **** release from being RMPGAT

    I play as a two way dangler center. I am very much interested in a balanced game for both offense and defense. Having an OP poke check that can be spammed just leads to Tim Bits hockey where nobody can hold on to the puck. The puck pick ups are already enough of a problem. We don't need more pucks being knocked loose unless it is earned by a well placed poke.
  • EA Sports: Bend Over
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Wow! That is hilariously bad. On the topic of pokes... I am glad they have been toned down. They were way OP before and totally killed the flow of the game.

    Ugh once again catering to scrub offence only players...this series is one more **** release from being RMPGAT

    I play as a two way dangler center. I am very much interested in a balanced game for both offense and defense. Having an OP poke check that can be spammed just leads to Tim Bits hockey where nobody can hold on to the puck. The puck pick ups are already enough of a problem. We don't need more pucks being knocked loose unless it is earned by a well placed poke.

    Why don't you pass the puck? Poke check isn't OP if you actually use your teammates or heaven forbid you protect the puck.

    Puck pickups are a huge issue though. Definitely not the poke check though. Defense finally is manageable and teams who play like a team and have good IQ are winning 99% of the games again.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    trw1987 wrote: »
    BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Wow! That is hilariously bad. On the topic of pokes... I am glad they have been toned down. They were way OP before and totally killed the flow of the game.

    Ugh once again catering to scrub offence only players...this series is one more **** release from being RMPGAT

    I play as a two way dangler center. I am very much interested in a balanced game for both offense and defense. Having an OP poke check that can be spammed just leads to Tim Bits hockey where nobody can hold on to the puck. The puck pick ups are already enough of a problem. We don't need more pucks being knocked loose unless it is earned by a well placed poke.

    Why don't you pass the puck? Poke check isn't OP if you actually use your teammates or heaven forbid you protect the puck.

    Puck pickups are a huge issue though. Definitely not the poke check though. Defense finally is manageable and teams who play like a team and have good IQ are winning 99% of the games again.

    LOL, I do pass the puck. My assist to goal ratio is about 2:1. I even like to use the boards and pass to the point. A forward that likes to make use of the D (amazing, isn't it?). I am also good at dangling and creating space. There are too many magical poke checks from behind and bad angles that cause me to lose the puck. Like I said before, a well placed pokecheck should result in the puck breaking free, but this should be earned. Spamming and poking from bad angles should be punished and properly protecting/shielding the puck should also be rewarded. You know.... a balanced game.
  • Like through the body? Poke checks from behind happen lots. There's the odd time from my experience where I feel that the puck was fully protected and that the poke check went through my body, but most of the time I feel, "ah, I let the stick out a bit, yeah he had the angle from behind me". Even if it's a poor angle, the moment his stick can reach the puck, I've done a poor job of protecting the puck.

    I've not been playing super long on this game as I've had it late, but within the past week I've seen maybe 3 poke checks passing physically through a body. For the amount of games I've played that's pretty decent.

    Am I missing something?
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!