EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Group matchmaking broken for drops

It's so annoying how if other group comes in with 3-4 players no other players will get into lobby if your side came in with 6. Have to try a bunch of times before running into another 6 group...i thought drops meant if other team doesn't have 6 they will get randoms added to that side?

Fix it. Its lobby simulator 2018.

Replies

• if you have 6, why not just play club? I doubt the 6s matchmaking will ever be fixed though I hope im wrong about that
  • I am tired of this... I wasted my money at this point on this game until the drop in lobbies are fixed.

I would NOT recommend the game for Christmas until you see posts that it has changed.

Trolls block games, EA refuses to monitor and ban them, it is a waste...

• if you have 6, why not just play club? I doubt the 6s matchmaking will ever be fixed though I hope im wrong about that

Because unless you're playing on LG nights, near LG times, good luck getting a game going within 15 minutes, or even playing against a different team you just competed against.

PS: Where did the lobby simulator 18 thread go? I get so frustrated trying to play this game (because unless you're in a large group, it's rare that you can). It takes forever. There have been plenty of times already this year where I told myself, "Play another game instead, it takes too long to try to find a game".

Also, there's less people in LG this year, and there's less people looking for 1 more person to play with. I have a set group of people I play with, but if they're not online, I don't get many more guys looking for me on LG to play a random game with.
  • Is there no way to play a casual 12 man game among a group of 12 people with a way to randomly select teams or even pick two captains and have them pick teams?
  • Is there no way to play a casual 12 man game among a group of 12 people with a way to randomly select teams or even pick two captains and have them pick teams?

LOL.
  • Jeez no wonder it'd be "a massive production" to make the game available for pc.. These are the kinds of things we'd want and expect of any game.

We wouldn't need a server browser but the lobby menu of old would be good.
  • Has anybody tried solo drop in as a forward lately? It's a 20 minute ordeal.

Bring back the lobby system.
  • It's actually why I don't play this title half of the time. I hate staring at a screen waiting for a game to start when I just want to play the game.
  • Harder to find a game when the online user pool is so small. Players are spread out amongst HUT, VS, offline modes, and older games.

Plus the majority of people want to play forward, so you have to sit around and wait for people to bite the bullet and play D.

Let’s face it, the drop in system is simply not functioning in a way that supports a “pick up game” style of play.

The best way to do drop in games is to do a 3 on 3 style game with no real set positions.

Leave the position lock for club play.
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    Harder to find a game when the online user pool is so small. Players are spread out amongst HUT, VS, offline modes, and older games.

Plus the majority of people want to play forward, so you have to sit around and wait for people to bite the bullet and play D.

Let’s face it, the drop in system is simply not functioning in a way that supports a “pick up game” style of play.

The best way to do drop in games is to do a 3 on 3 style game with no real set positions.

It sounds like someone may be a rocket league player. No positions in that game and the casual mdoe is exactly like drop in, with the full ability to drop into the game and drop out anytime.
    Harder to find a game when the online user pool is so small. Players are spread out amongst HUT, VS, offline modes, and older games.

It sounds like someone may be a rocket league player. No positions in that game and the casual mdoe is exactly like drop in, with the full ability to drop into the game and drop out anytime.

Absolutely. Simplicity is often the best solution.

And you’ll find pretty quickly that good players end up figuring out “the meta” or a way to play that makes sense positionally and it’s all intuitive, rather than the game forcing you to play a certain way and giving you a grade if you don’t play within its limited scope.

symmer1983 wrote: »

Absolutely. Simplicity is often the best solution.

And you’ll find pretty quickly that good players end up figuring out “the meta” or a way to play that makes sense positionally and it’s all intuitive, rather than the game forcing you to play a certain way and giving you a grade if you don’t play within its limited scope.

Yea usually people will understand the cycle and how to rotate in RL. Other times you get either overly aggressive or passive players and you just want to wring their necks. Which happens in any and all games.

EA could easily do something like this for drop in where you pick a position to use a specific player build but then every face off is a random lineup where you are sometimes up front and sometimes with the d. Obviously no one can be randomly placed in goal as people would really hate that . Then have each game setup as an open lobby type of thing. Where you get matched into it and can drop right into a game in progress.

Basically exactly the model rocket league uses, so for example if people quit after the game the lobby will enter a free play mode while it looks for people to fill the lobby. The only position that would be different to pick is goalie as picking any skater you might line up as a forward sometimes or as a defender other times.