EA Forums - Banner

Games still unplayable UK-Finland

Prev1
Hut Matchmaking is again a problem for me. On old Gen you could see the Gamertag and avoid the Finns because they are unplayable from the UK for example

1. entire games without winning a faceoff
2. Players stand around, no movement
3. Players are so slow.

I just want to avoid these games, always v Finns and with not being able to see who you are playing on matchup it's now impossible.

Replies

• Togg4m
    65 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I have the same issues against everybody. Except the faceoffs. They're easily fixed with counters
    Post edited by Togg4m on
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1325 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    oh this again? Yeah you have issues with Finnish player ONLY... never with Swedes, Russians or whatever, right?

Like Togg4m says, everybody have these issues against anyone, it's not just you and it's not just Finns. Because you know, Finns have these issues too, right?
  • Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    oh this again? Yeah you have issues with Finnish player ONLY... never with Swedes, Russians or whatever, right?

Like Togg4m says, everybody have these issues against anyone, it's not just you and it's not just Finns. Because you know, Finns have these issues too, right?

Yep.

No probs with other nations.

Only Finns.
  • Togg4m wrote: »
    I have the same issues against everybody. Except the faceoffs. They're easily fixed with counters

Glad it's not just me.

Usual suspects will deny it exist.
  • Stop being delusional. The game is fine, you need to set up your connection differently or something. Every time I have played someone from England, Scotland and Wales, the game has worked fine, and UK players always message me to thank for a good fair game :blush:
  • Stop being delusional. The game is fine, you need to set up your connection differently or something. Every time I have played someone from England, Scotland and Wales, the game has worked fine, and UK players always message me to thank for a good fair game :blush:

Fair game Finland your having a laugh...
  • I honestly feel for you @MrSpireite . You've been a loyal consumer for years and don't deserve nothing but the best.
  • There was this guy from UK complaining about having laggy connections when playing HUT with Finns, this was in 2015 or 2016. So I asked him to play me on PS4 to see if there really was an issue. Guess what, there wasn't and he beat me twice. In fact it was me who had laggy experience. I suppose you're not the same guy?

Other than having a beef with Finns for some reason, you got nothing.
  • I honestly feel for you @MrSpireite . You've been a loyal consumer for years and don't deserve nothing but the best.

Disc is going back in box or gonna resell it. Its a mess for me.

Every game outshooting opponents in the high % positions. Can't hit the net at all.

Losing by stupid scoreline where all the time my keeper is going wandering around. Tried every keeper there us. No difference.

In the first week was really enjoying the game was able to do all the things I wanted to do. Play around the net. Hit the blue line slippers. Wrist from the right spots.

Suddenly I seem to be fighting the game not opposition as I am out playing them and just being hammered in real **** moments.

I am getting penalties off screen. Don't get that at all.

Really saddened by this as I just want to play the game and it feels I can't it's just not working for me. I don't mind losing games but when it feels out if your control that's when your pad becomes in danger of flying a cross the room.

Last year i gave up on the game earlier than ever always played to the last days. I can see that being the case this year but it may be in the m9nth of October.
    There was this guy from UK complaining about having laggy connections when playing HUT with Finns, this was in 2015 or 2016. So I asked him to play me on PS4 to see if there really was an issue. Guess what, there wasn't and he beat me twice. In fact it was me who had laggy experience. I suppose you're not the same guy?

Other than having a beef with Finns for some reason, you got nothing.

There is an issue somewhere. You get this from playing the game since 94. Though only since '11 online.

I am a 45 year old bloke not some snotty nosed kid who just wants a fair shake of the experience.

It wasn't me btw but connection is an issue. When talking to cs ing the matter because I can't run a uotrace from next to.my router they can't help.

The only thing they say is to activate synergies. I mean what help is that.
  • Out of curiosity, what does the "Connection" read when the game is loading?
  • Green.

Sometimes yellow but that's to be expected in UK.
  • ESPOtheDON
    2940 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    "green or get out" is my motto... only for video games of course B)
    Post edited by ESPOtheDON on
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    "green or ****" is my motto... only for video games of course B)

Green is highly unlikely in the UK.
  • What does that mean, are UK data lines that crap in general?
    What does that mean, are UK data lines that crap in general?

Finland have I believe some of the best in the world.
  • this has been going on for years, called delay lag. In western Canada and mine hits servers in Portugal, Mexico and Germany. If you do an ip trace of what servers you hitting they go to random far away places during busy times and seem to stay more local during the less used hours. If I play late at night West coast time 50% of games are good. Play Saturday afternoon, or for the most part any time during the day and 100% of games have delay. Ping doesn't matter. Playing against a friends in the same city still has it. Enough of the UK vs Finland, happens everywhere. It's an EA NHL series issue, they control it, or will never fix it. I've exhausted all options and tried all suggestions over the years so don't waste your time. Just realize they made a game with brutal online play. Play the game for fun or find something else to do.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Levis9999 wrote: »
    this has been going on for years, called delay lag. In western Canada and mine hits servers in Portugal, Mexico and Germany. If you do an ip trace of what servers you hitting they go to random far away places during busy times and seem to stay more local during the less used hours. If I play late at night West coast time 50% of games are good. Play Saturday afternoon, or for the most part any time during the day and 100% of games have delay. Ping doesn't matter. Playing against a friends in the same city still has it. Enough of the UK vs Finland, happens everywhere. It's an EA NHL series issue, they control it, or will never fix it. I've exhausted all options and tried all suggestions over the years so don't waste your time. Just realize they made a game with brutal online play. Play the game for fun or find something else to do.

Your internet routing through other countries, not EA.
  • MrSpireite wrote: »
    Sgt_Kelso wrote: »
    What does that mean, are UK data lines that crap in general?

Finland have I believe some of the best in the world.

But are you saying you have mostly yellow connection quality, regardless of who you play?
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Levis9999 wrote: »
    this has been going on for years, called delay lag. In western Canada and mine hits servers in Portugal, Mexico and Germany. If you do an ip trace of what servers you hitting they go to random far away places during busy times and seem to stay more local during the less used hours. If I play late at night West coast time 50% of games are good. Play Saturday afternoon, or for the most part any time during the day and 100% of games have delay. Ping doesn't matter. Playing against a friends in the same city still has it. Enough of the UK vs Finland, happens everywhere. It's an EA NHL series issue, they control it, or will never fix it. I've exhausted all options and tried all suggestions over the years so don't waste your time. Just realize they made a game with brutal online play. Play the game for fun or find something else to do.

Your internet routing through other countries, not EA.

Agreed. Then block off these routes.

Don't match them together. That would solve the issue.