EA Forums - Banner

EASHL skating is terrible

14567810Next

Replies

• Sinbin wrote: »
    You say trolling but I am really asking you lot to open your mind and think more instead of just raging on the game.

You should open your wallet, buy the game, then comment on FACT, not supposition and then ask players to open their minds. You are comparing NHL17, 18 to NHL 09 or Legacy. The game has changed, get your facts and then your opinions up to speed.

You also say TPS is not great, but it is usable. No one is debating whether it is usable or not. Players are saying it is clunky, unpredictable, and a chore to use.

Sorry, but you come off as really close-minded while asking other people to be open minded.

Anyways, the point is, TPS has not made the game more fun, nor has it increesed sales.

My wallet has been pouring money... Just not into video games and my point is its not as bad as you guys make it seem. The second you claim something is broken you lose all ability to learn and improve.

I thought tps was clunky when I started using it and after enough time and I was proficient in it it became smooth as butter. What is different now that is making that not the case anymore?

LOL unless you're on ****, TPS is never "smooth as butter". Dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. All credibility has been lost. When you figure out how to construct a logical argument rather than a strawman, maybe I'll actually give you the time of day again. Until then, keep assuming criticisms of the blatantly limited skating engine = we don't know how to play, because that's nothing more than an assumption.

Sweet Lou, is this you? You have the same lack of reading comprehension and similar difficuty in constructing arguments, are you two the same person!?

What exactly don't you like about the current version of TPS? You say you liked 13 better. That's fine. What did you like better? How it was more arcade like and forgiving? How it didn't account for real world human body movements and physics? Yes. It's not perfect now, but it's a ton more realistic than 13 was. You could glide across your skate blades. That breaks the laws of physics and would put you on the ice if done in the real world.

It's funny, they claim I'm incapable of articulating an argument or something yet they all fail to explain why they don't like specific aspects of the game.
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    @bmh245 in the first video you have your joystick at 430 which is why the player turns to the right before he goes left.

No, no. I start with the joystick at 4:30, and roll it to 7. Because I roll it -- as opposed to just moving it to 7 -- my player should spin back away from the forechecker and then move up to his left. Instead, he just stands there, and then moves toward 7 - into the path of the forechecker.
    You're right that's what should happen but that's not how tps works. Your movements with the stick are too fast for their system. You have to learn to slow your stick movements down and you will see better results.

Until they improve it that's the way its been since 13.
    So you admit it's unresponsive
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    @The_B_0_G I do get it. It's you lot that don't seem to get it. It's not working how you all want it to. So you complain it's broken. That's not going to make it suddenly work how you want.

You have two options. Either adapt to how it currently works or stop buying and playing a subpar game. It's very simple and why I stopped. EA is a subpar at best publisher and I haven't bought anything from them in years and since I stopped I've been much less frustrated with video games and in general.
    This is the problem with you, you don't get it. Just like you don't get that this game isn't coming to PC. You're a dead horse that everyone keeps on beating. Why don't you go hang with your buddy msseersmith.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    You say trolling but I am really asking you lot to open your mind and think more instead of just raging on the game.

You should open your wallet, buy the game, then comment on FACT, not supposition and then ask players to open their minds. You are comparing NHL17, 18 to NHL 09 or Legacy. The game has changed, get your facts and then your opinions up to speed.

You also say TPS is not great, but it is usable. No one is debating whether it is usable or not. Players are saying it is clunky, unpredictable, and a chore to use.

Sorry, but you come off as really close-minded while asking other people to be open minded.

Anyways, the point is, TPS has not made the game more fun, nor has it increesed sales.

My wallet has been pouring money... Just not into video games and my point is its not as bad as you guys make it seem. The second you claim something is broken you lose all ability to learn and improve.

I thought tps was clunky when I started using it and after enough time and I was proficient in it it became smooth as butter. What is different now that is making that not the case anymore?

LOL unless you're on ****, TPS is never "smooth as butter". Dumbest thing I've ever read in my life. All credibility has been lost. When you figure out how to construct a logical argument rather than a strawman, maybe I'll actually give you the time of day again. Until then, keep assuming criticisms of the blatantly limited skating engine = we don't know how to play, because that's nothing more than an assumption.

Sweet Lou, is this you? You have the same lack of reading comprehension and similar difficuty in constructing arguments, are you two the same person!?

What exactly don't you like about the current version of TPS? You say you liked 13 better. That's fine. What did you like better? How it was more arcade like and forgiving? How it didn't account for real world human body movements and physics? Yes. It's not perfect now, but it's a ton more realistic than 13 was. You could glide across your skate blades. That breaks the laws of physics and would put you on the ice if done in the real world.

It's funny, they claim I'm incapable of articulating an argument or something yet they all fail to explain why they don't like specific aspects of the game.
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    @bmh245 in the first video you have your joystick at 430 which is why the player turns to the right before he goes left.

No, no. I start with the joystick at 4:30, and roll it to 7. Because I roll it -- as opposed to just moving it to 7 -- my player should spin back away from the forechecker and then move up to his left. Instead, he just stands there, and then moves toward 7 - into the path of the forechecker.
    You're right that's what should happen but that's not how tps works. Your movements with the stick are too fast for their system. You have to learn to slow your stick movements down and you will see better results.

Until they improve it that's the way its been since 13.
    So you admit it's unresponsive

It depends on your approach to it. If you expect it to immediately respond to your inputs then yes it is. If you understand it's designed more like a helicopter than a human and there is a bit of delay between the input and the reaction. It's an attempt to force you to be more deliberate and knowledgeable about your momentum and positioning than just being able to jam the stick where you want and immediately being there.

It's definitely not where it should be in terms of responsiveness but you have to look at it for what it's trying to do.

It's like trying to floor the gas in your car while you are at full lock going around a turn. You have to wait until the wheels are straight ahead before you fully floor it.

I actually played games with around a quarter to half second of delay the other day on steam link and its awful anything that isn't turn based is pretty much off limits. Playing gta and if you didn't hold the stick to turn for long enough the car wouldn't turn at all. If a full released game not through a wifi streaming service is that bad then imo that's grounds for a class action suit or at the very least a full refund of a broken product. I'm pretty sure even in the US we have some consumer protection laws for that kind of thing.
  • To add more to my last post, EA seems to have two possible choices. Either the mechanics of the skating engine are tied directly to the animations that EA creates so that skating looks realistic but may have control response issues so that it doesn't feel realistic, or the mechanics and animations of the skating engine are done separately, leaving us with skating that feels realistic but may not look realistic.

I truly don't understand the opinion that people would rather have a game that looks realistic than one that feels realistic.

THIS.

Again, a 10 year-old could make 100% of the pivots I want to see Ryan Suter make in this game, but he can't because of a clunky engine that apparently is tied to dials rather than just being able to skate like an average 10 year-old could.

Also, you'd have to have played hockey and love hockey in order to want the actual hockey played to feel like hockey, regardless of look (pre-TPS) rather than look like hockey but not feel like hockey (TPS...even though TPS doesn't look like real hockey either lol) but MetalMilitia doesn't care. He likes to brag about his gaming PC while trolling a game forum of a game he doesn't own, tell people how to play like we don't know, and then telling us to "go play rocket league".

He is what's wrong with this series. He is what Ben and the devs market too. This clunky, boring, moshpit of pathetic skaters with little to no skating skill flying up the ice in straight lines while slamming goals literally through goalie pads is their vision of "realistic" hockey.

This series will continue to be kept alive by HUT losers while the rest of the community slowly leaves if this is the direction this team keeps headed. Take all of the little "hockey" details out of this game and simply look at it from a video game standpoint, because you'll see that the game is simply a lackluster game just in general video game terms.

No consistiency with literally anything (scoring, hitting, poking, saves, passing, etc.), slow/clunky controls, and abysmal servers. This is an indie-caliber production that costs $60. This is a game that feels more recycled than any other EA title. We have legacy issues from 08. We have teammate AI doing the same (incorrect) hockey plays since 08. We have goalie animations that you'd struggle to see a goalie do in the 90's because they're so outlandish and ridiculous that are plaguing this game still. We still don't have fluid post movement for our goalies. The reverse VH is still not a big enough part of the goalie's arsenal. Pucks still get dragged through skates. Pucks still move towards the direction they were poked from. Pucks still go through the goalie. I mean, seriously!? This game has either stayed stagnant at best, or regressed from it's old-gen status in nearly every aspect if you go down the list.

These 3.5 (LOL AT THE SCAM THAT WAS NHL 15) next-gen efforts are seriously the best EA can do? I see Madden and FIFA at least trying to progress every year (even though their AI still isn't as good as it was in the "old-gen") but at least they're trying. What did we get from NHL lol? Seamless puck pickups? The long drawn-out, horrible animations all of us have to endure now whenever we get the puck..THANKS! Net tie-ups? Oh, you mean the ones that barely work, require you to hold down a button for 10 seconds, and result in a penalty 1/2 of the time for the defender, but the offensive player can use it as interference legally? WOW, GREAT ADDIDITION!

I just have not seen the community request any of these so-called gameplay improvements that have done nothing but take away user controller and make the experience more frustrating. Instead of taking steps forward, this game has taken 4 steps back. None of these addititions were asked for, and none of these additions have made the game better. They all (SPP, TPS, NB) have actually made this game a clunky mess that less and less people want to play each year.

I don't know when these devs want to open their eyes, but I'm not going to stick around long enough to find out. Loyal buyer since 99 has been officially lost. I refuse to buy this game after this year. This game is an absolute mess, and I honestly just feel like becoming the new MetalMilitia. I want to tell people how to play the game and turn a blind-eye to the numerous shortcomings this game has 5 years down the line. I truly can't wait.

Anyway, end of rant I guess. Good luck with your mite hockey simulator EA, and make sure to continue banning all critical posts about your game so that your forums can look neat and clean (and dead because without criticisms, this game would have no forum posts lol).

Toodles!
  • Analogies are tough, eh? Obviously the game isn't ideal for controlling a human proficient in ice skating. That said many of the people posting make it sound like they cannot control the engine rather than having an understanding of how it works and wants you to use it and just expressing that displeasure with a flawed engine.

• Analogies are tough, eh? Obviously the game isn't ideal for controlling a human proficient in ice skating. That said many of the people posting make it sound like they cannot control the engine rather than having an understanding of how it works and wants you to use it and just expressing that displeasure with a flawed engine.

Donald-Trump-Confused-Face-2015-Republican-Debate.gif?ssl=1

• To add more to my last post, EA seems to have two possible choices. Either the mechanics of the skating engine are tied directly to the animations that EA creates so that skating looks realistic but may have control response issues so that it doesn't feel realistic, or the mechanics and animations of the skating engine are done separately, leaving us with skating that feels realistic but may not look realistic.

I truly don't understand the opinion that people would rather have a game that looks realistic than one that feels realistic.

THIS.

Again, a 10 year-old could make 100% of the pivots I want to see Ryan Suter make in this game, but he can't because of a clunky engine that apparently is tied to dials rather than just being able to skate like an average 10 year-old could.

Also, you'd have to have played hockey and love hockey in order to want the actual hockey played to feel like hockey, regardless of look (pre-TPS) rather than look like hockey but not feel like hockey (TPS...even though TPS doesn't look like real hockey either lol) but MetalMilitia doesn't care. He likes to brag about his gaming PC while trolling a game forum of a game he doesn't own, tell people how to play like we don't know, and then telling us to "go play rocket league".

He is what's wrong with this series. He is what Ben and the devs market too. This clunky, boring, moshpit of pathetic skaters with little to no skating skill flying up the ice in straight lines while slamming goals literally through goalie pads is their vision of "realistic" hockey.

This series will continue to be kept alive by HUT losers while the rest of the community slowly leaves if this is the direction this team keeps headed. Take all of the little "hockey" details out of this game and simply look at it from a video game standpoint, because you'll see that the game is simply a lackluster game just in general video game terms.

No consistiency with literally anything (scoring, hitting, poking, saves, passing, etc.), slow/clunky controls, and abysmal servers. This is an indie-caliber production that costs $60. This is a game that feels more recycled than any other EA title. We have legacy issues from 08. We have teammate AI doing the same (incorrect) hockey plays since 08. We have goalie animations that you'd struggle to see a goalie do in the 90's because they're so outlandish and ridiculous that are plaguing this game still. We still don't have fluid post movement for our goalies. The reverse VH is still not a big enough part of the goalie's arsenal. Pucks still get dragged through skates. Pucks still move towards the direction they were poked from. Pucks still go through the goalie. I mean, seriously!? This game has either stayed stagnant at best, or regressed from it's old-gen status in nearly every aspect if you go down the list.

These 3.5 (LOL AT THE SCAM THAT WAS NHL 15) next-gen efforts are seriously the best EA can do? I see Madden and FIFA at least trying to progress every year (even though their AI still isn't as good as it was in the "old-gen") but at least they're trying. What did we get from NHL lol? Seamless puck pickups? The long drawn-out, horrible animations all of us have to endure now whenever we get the puck..THANKS! Net tie-ups? Oh, you mean the ones that barely work, require you to hold down a button for 10 seconds, and result in a penalty 1/2 of the time for the defender, but the offensive player can use it as interference legally? WOW, GREAT ADDIDITION!

I just have not seen the community request any of these so-called gameplay improvements that have done nothing but take away user controller and make the experience more frustrating. Instead of taking steps forward, this game has taken 4 steps back. None of these addititions were asked for, and none of these additions have made the game better. They all (SPP, TPS, NB) have actually made this game a clunky mess that less and less people want to play each year.

I don't know when these devs want to open their eyes, but I'm not going to stick around long enough to find out. Loyal buyer since 99 has been officially lost. I refuse to buy this game after this year. This game is an absolute mess, and I honestly just feel like becoming the new MetalMilitia. I want to tell people how to play the game and turn a blind-eye to the numerous shortcomings this game has 5 years down the line. I truly can't wait.

Anyway, end of rant I guess. Good luck with your mite hockey simulator EA, and make sure to continue banning all critical posts about your game so that your forums can look neat and clean (and dead because without criticisms, this game would have no forum posts lol).

Toodles!

This is fantastic. Its a shame that the people who make the game dont see this, or just dont give a ****.