EA Forums - Banner

I Beat a Team and He Blamed Ea aka Ice tilt lol

2Next

Replies

  • kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.

    You take an extreme because you cannot see the obvious.

    Skill gap is reduced. That doesnt mean it takes 0 skill, it just takes WAY less skill to be successful. You still need to learn a few tricks BUT, the teams who would have beat you 20-0 before will barely beat you by 2 goals now most games. Now when it comes to teams marginally better than you....its a crap shoot. If you used to play fair games in a radius of 20 teams below and above you, now its more like 200 below and above you. You will beat much better teams more often and you will lose to much worse teams more often. That doesnt mean that you have a 50/50 chance to beat the top 10 teams on the other hand....there is always a small top percentage who does nothing but play and who are masters of the game and every glitch shot etc. So yah, you arent likely to win those games unless you are at least in the top 50. But a few years ago, you had to be in the top 20 to beat top 10 teams and even that was rare enough.


    Lots of anecdotal evidence here. Not really worth discussing further. Git gud or get over losing.

    im not going to lower my IQ to the level of people on the forums who reply to everything with "git gud" as an all around argument to everything they disagree with.

    We both know that I cannot show you statistic that demonstrate the goal disparity average between teams in 11 and in 16 but anyone who isnt an angry teenager (or the brains of) will admit the games are overall way closer than they ever have been and this, regardless of the skill difference.

    Funny, I have a recent games played list of my progress in 18 that doesn't really match up with your theory of close games which is what urged me to say get good or get over losing.

    And what's with the angry teenager bit? Don't project your frustrations with insults. Come back with a better argument then what you feel. Let's see some game play or recent games played. Toa and shots, ect.

    I've been losing games I should lose and winning games I should win. The funny thing about people complaining about tilt refuse to evaluate how they played that game. They might of got to aggressive going for hit and gave up easy goals. Maybe the opponent scored 2 early and played passive so the stats could be skewed. So many variables but the constant is the communities salt when losing. My inbox leaves me with a lot of laughs.
  • flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    flyextacy wrote: »
    kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    You must of never played base. Not even ea luck can help me beat that guy. Skill is still the largest factor, lose the tin foil hat.

    You take an extreme because you cannot see the obvious.

    Skill gap is reduced. That doesnt mean it takes 0 skill, it just takes WAY less skill to be successful. You still need to learn a few tricks BUT, the teams who would have beat you 20-0 before will barely beat you by 2 goals now most games. Now when it comes to teams marginally better than you....its a crap shoot. If you used to play fair games in a radius of 20 teams below and above you, now its more like 200 below and above you. You will beat much better teams more often and you will lose to much worse teams more often. That doesnt mean that you have a 50/50 chance to beat the top 10 teams on the other hand....there is always a small top percentage who does nothing but play and who are masters of the game and every glitch shot etc. So yah, you arent likely to win those games unless you are at least in the top 50. But a few years ago, you had to be in the top 20 to beat top 10 teams and even that was rare enough.


    Lots of anecdotal evidence here. Not really worth discussing further. Git gud or get over losing.

    im not going to lower my IQ to the level of people on the forums who reply to everything with "git gud" as an all around argument to everything they disagree with.

    We both know that I cannot show you statistic that demonstrate the goal disparity average between teams in 11 and in 16 but anyone who isnt an angry teenager (or the brains of) will admit the games are overall way closer than they ever have been and this, regardless of the skill difference.

    Funny, I have a recent games played list of my progress in 18 that doesn't really match up with your theory of close games which is what urged me to say get good or get over losing.

    And what's with the angry teenager bit? Don't project your frustrations with insults. Come back with a better argument then what you feel. Let's see some game play or recent games played. Toa and shots, ect.

    I've been losing games I should lose and winning games I should win. The funny thing about people complaining about tilt refuse to evaluate how they played that game. They might of got to aggressive going for hit and gave up easy goals. Maybe the opponent scored 2 early and played passive so the stats could be skewed. So many variables but the constant is the communities salt when losing. My inbox leaves me with a lot of laughs.

    There is always place for improvement and there are always things you can do to prevent a loss. The reason we went with a very high record of wins and only 1 loss was because we do a lot of those things right. But my opinion (not fact) was that in that sample of games played, most victories felt like hard work when in fact most were against teams that you can tell barely know how to play hockey. it felt unfun and unfair. Out of our 21 wins, we had close games about 15 times that felt all game like we could potentially lose. That may sound like a good thing when said like that but it didnt feel good in practice to us.

    The only thing we could do to improve our "crushing opponent" factors at this point would be to learn to glitch goal better so that we can score a couple more goals a game. Its not something we want so its not a game we desire anymore. I can also tell you that those feelings are shared by my entire friend list who all stopped playing this game at one point or another in the last 5 years.

  • The majority of EASHL games definitely feel closer no matter what the difference in skill is between the teams/players.

    Starting with 17, I’ve noticed one team can dominate and go up 3-0 quickly and then the majority of the games the other team scores a crap goal or two to get them back in the game.

    Late in the game, the team that is winning gets a penalty or two giving the losing team a PP to try and tie it up. Late in the game, a player will whiff in a one-timer, miss an easy open net or break their stick preventing them a goal which would put them up by two only to have the losing team come back and score a crap goal to tie it up.

    I’m not into conspiracies but things like the above happen to frequent to not convince me and several others I play with that there is some sort of EA 🎃🎃🎃🎃 that makes the games closer.
  • trw1987
    396 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    @trw1987

    Na, don't believe you . You outshoot someone 45-8 and lost 6-1 (if I even choose to believe that) ?

    That's a joke. Your defense sucks and your ability to score sucks .

    Next time post up some gameplay and I'll tell you what you did wrong. Don't want the free help? Ok. Keep trying 45 shots and only scoring 1 goal and keep giving up 8 shots and giving up 6 goals bahahahahah.



    Did I say it happened all the time? No. Im not sitting here saying every game is like that, bud. We have won a couple games like that as well, hell I've sent a message to another team before admitting we only won because of tilt. Trust me, we know how to play hockey. One timers, puck movement, cycling, passes to high scoring areas, drawing penalties, etc. In essence, hockey. If you re-read my post completely, instead of taking away only what you want to suit your argument, you'll see I noted the shots we gave up were mere floaters and weak spinning backhanders. Get off your high horse, I guarantee you are not as good as you think you are. None of us are.
  • For those of you who have never played fat man lag, I challenge you to play on 4mb down, 3up. I play puck in two different locations, one that most of the time does not have it, and the other that lots of the time does.

    Just because you've never experienced it doesn't mean you know about it. You clearly don't. In 17 I had an 11-1 win ratio, I very rarely ever give up more than one goal a game (GAA was 0.82) and that's with having majority of my losses due to disconnects. I've lost one that was a fair loss, and 2 where I've had outshot 2-1 with dekes, one-t's, tips and everything else thrown at the goalie and the goalie just steals a game. I have played quite a few games with the fat man lag and fortunately I've won all of them, but they were against absolute trash players and I'd only win by 1-2 goals on those ones.

    You literally cannot poke, cannot hit, cannot pass (and I mean simple passes that are made 99% of the game, from 15 feet away go 10 feet off), your goalie is absolute AIDS, and your shots aren't accurate, but worst of all, is you can't skate. You glide way further out than normal, can't stop and go, and you can't turn or pivot. Your skating is literally 50% as good, which impacts deking and defending and controlling the play exponentially.

    It's not a git gud. It's hope EA doesn't screw you over.

    Now people complain about ice tilt lots, and 99% of the time it isn't warranted, but there is the odd time where shots hit your goalies breadbasket unscreened from the point and you watch as it pops over your goaltender and hit the back of the net.

    You come play on my secondary connection and tell me the game is super easy to play against now.
  • And also, watch for your games. Ever pick up the puck knowing the other guy had better body position and he should have picked up the puck first but for some reason you got it? That guy has the fat man lag.
  • My single frustration with this game for years has been the fat-man lag. Fix that problem and I think a lot of other problems go away too.
  • Kezz is 100% accurate. You want to talk about success? My team has consistently been a top 50 and in most years a top 20 club every year. Then we get sick of the nonsense and get burned out. I know it's may be shocking to some of you but you can be really good and still detest parts of this game.
  • @kezz123

    Really hate not honoring my word but just sort of carried on with my life and didn't feel like responding to yiur post (though I said I would )

    I know who you are . my top club played against yours and your teammates quite often in Nhl11

    I still believe nhl 11 was the greatest and every year after that has been trash.

    I do enjoy 17 though .
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    I'm an honest guy and I can rightfully say I've never felt that I should've lost a game by 10 lol. I can say I've won some games I maybe should lost by 1 due to some weird bounces or incredible saves, but by 10? Nah.
  • kezz123 wrote: »
    Two drop in buddies who have a cr rating of 740+ sent me messages saying, "you can thank ea for that win"

    The final score was 2-1 with us winning . Funny thing was I play LD , I made then have 14 giveaways but oh no , it's the game fault lol.

    I tell you man ....these kids. I chalk up every ice tilt momentum thread to girls just crying because they can't find the back of the net .

    Defense can be played on this game. If it couldn't I would say it. But you can shut people down and watch them cry you had an unfair advantage

    Sounds like they had fat man lag and you had advantage. Unless you never played a game with fatman lag where your pokes are useless and your hit bounce off, your passes miss all game and the opponent does all these things like a dream and skate right through you like you didnt exist, you would be a fool to not give the benefit of the doubt that they experienced that and that you MAY just have won to luck in that you had lag advantage.

    Winning and losing became meaningless in this game since next gen. Every game is a tight game and although skill is still a factor, luck is way too large a factor now. Anyone honest with themselves know they win a lot of games they should have lost by 10 goals and lost games they should have won by 10 goals. Gone are the days where skill was the largest factor.

    I'm an honest guy and I can rightfully say I've never felt that I should've lost a game by 10 lol. I can say I've won some games I maybe should lost by 1 due to some weird bounces or incredible saves, but by 10? Nah.

    Well to be fair, that comment comes with a background of NHL 9-10-11-12 where if you got dominated by a team, you didnt just get away with a few scratches....they ate your soul. But we did the same to others.

    you had to be really close in skill level and be on your game to have close games. It was far from uncommon to have games of up to 20-0 because if people didnt know how to play well, they had nothing to soften the blow other than quitting the game which was a pretty common occurrence. back then. Like 5 out of 6 games people left early. So trust me when i say this, there are games you would have lost by 10+ goals. No way around it unless you are top 3.

  • @kezz123

    Really hate not honoring my word but just sort of carried on with my life and didn't feel like responding to yiur post (though I said I would )

    I know who you are . my top club played against yours and your teammates quite often in Nhl11

    I still believe nhl 11 was the greatest and every year after that has been trash.

    I do enjoy 17 though .

    Man thanks I havent slept in days wondering when the reply would come.
    So I can go back to eating and farting now. Great!
    It doesnt matter, we might disagree on some of the tps stuff but we agree about nhl 11 so happy story.
  • THe nhl community is the worst. just reading what you guys type does my head in. There is a lag tilt lol. My brother plays hut and uses a lag switch and for years is undefeated. in eashl the same. Any game can be glitched. the first week this game came out i found a glitch that after completing a hut challenge as soon as your game stats start loading you can disconnect and reconnect internet and get 3 stars even if you didnt earn any. in hut you can lage a player out at any time you want. eashl theres huge tilt glitches
  • @kezz123

    Really hate not honoring my word but just sort of carried on with my life and didn't feel like responding to yiur post (though I said I would )

    I know who you are . my top club played against yours and your teammates quite often in Nhl11

    I still believe nhl 11 was the greatest and every year after that has been trash.

    I do enjoy 17 though .

    Do you have video of your gameplay? I'm trying to see your defensive skills. I'm always looking to improve my play.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!