EA Forums - Banner

Co-op Couch play Ranked Games

Hey everyone,

This may be answered somewhere, but my search is not finding it. Any word on RANKED Co-Op couch play? On NHL 17, you could at least play with a guest. Now you can only do 1v1.

Replies

• No answers?
  • I believe it's ranked on a different leaderboard but couldn't tell you how to find it as I don't have the game.
  • I believe it's ranked on a different leaderboard but couldn't tell you how to find it as I don't have the game.

Whenever I go into Online Versus and add a guest, it only allows me to play "casual" games. Which is completely worthless.

In NHL 17, you could at least play with a guest online as a ranked game. It's ridiculous to take that feature out.
  • The casual ones are supposed to be on a leaderboard of their own from what I've read.
  • I'm not speaking of leaderboards. I'm talking about the gameplay in general. It won't let me play a ranked game online with a guest.
  • What's the difference between a casual and ranked in terms of game play?
  • What's the difference between a casual and ranked in terms of game play?

Whenever we play a casual game, and we go up 1-0 real quick in the first period, the opponents just quit and leave. There's no repercussion of quitting a game if it means nothing.
  • If it means nothing then losing shouldn't matter either... I don't understand people who play games like this.

That said they should have casual and then ranked 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. For people who play with guests.
  • jsmaved
    15 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    If it means nothing then losing shouldn't matter either... I don't understand people who play games like this.

That said they should have casual and then ranked 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4. For people who play with guests.

Exactly. At least in NHL 17, you could play a ranked online game with any amount of guests. Sometimes it will be 3v1, 2v2, 4v2 etc. But they are ranked, so playing with a bunch of guests is a risk you have to take towards your record.

It would be nice if they did like FIFA 17 did where you can play ranked games from anywhere with a friend. In FIFA 17, I could be playing in Maryland with a buddy that lives in Florida in a ranked game on the same team.

I called and spoke to EA help line yesterday about my concerns on this and the representative said that EA is shying away from this gameplay. That is terrible to hear.

Looks like I will be shying away from NHL games for now on then.
  • Right but the solo players find it unfair to be against more humans and thus less ai. That's why in casual it should be any number vs any number. In ranked it should only be the same number vs each other.
  • Right but the solo players find it unfair to be against more humans and thus less ai. That's why in casual it should be any number vs any number. In ranked it should only be the same number vs each other.

That would be fine with me as well. I would also like the feature added that while searching for opponents, you only can play against people with guests. Which your idea would trump.