EA Forums - Banner

10 Easy Patch/Tuner Ideas- NHL 18

GramerProfesur
535 posts Member
edited September 2017
Pertains to online only and in no order

1. Increase skater agility and backskating speed. Forwards blow by defense even playing far back. Players significantly struggle in skating backward from a stop, which most NHL defenseman can do easily

2. Decrease poke check efficiency from behind. Poke check and stick lift from front is fine.

3. Decrease skating effect on puck control. Any slight pivot and your player loses the puck. Lateral acceleration was tuned down from 17, which is great. But skating effect on puck control needs to go back.

4. Increase puck control for all EASHL defenseman classes. Forechecking is overpowered, battling in the corners to get the puck out is much more difficult then it should be. Attacking players utilize stick more than body positioning because its overpowered.

5. Increase time it takes to fully re-gain possession of puck after losing it. Lose the puck, gain it back, lose it again within seconds. It's a poke and lift spam fest in corners and behind net

6. Decrease incidental contact with own players and goalies. Since skating is so bad, often end up clipping own goalie or teammates. It plays like bumper cars

7. Cut down on auto animations when checking. Player will hover out of the way after making checks, body and poke. Good check positioning is not rewarded, do not gain control of puck

8. Decrease tendency for pucks to get caught underneath fallen players, only for the player to get up and regain control.

9. AI goalie attributes need to be changed across the board. Too good at redirects in close, cross creases. Very weak on high one timers and slap shots.

10. AI does not aim faceoffs in 3 v 3.
Post edited by GramerProfesur on

Replies

• 11. Include the option to change the color of the opponent marker in HUT. Grey is terrible.
    12. Fix the controller lag.
    13. Make the goalies get rid of the puck faster.
  • 14. Make Co-Op Couch play in a ranked game available.
  • 11. Include the option to change the color of the opponent marker in HUT. Grey is terrible.
    12. Fix the controller lag.
    13. Make the goalies get rid of the puck faster.

Number 11- You can change it. I think it has to be done thru the eashl menu if I'm not mistaken.
  • #3 I disagree with turning lateral acceleration up. It's perfect where it is now. OP lateral acceleration was a MAJOR problem in 15-17, and it's finally realistic where it's at now. It's still more than enough to create open ice. Puck movement is key.

I think nerfing lateral acceleration down to a realistic level is one of the top 3 major improvements to the game this year.
  • GramerProfesur
    535 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    #3 I disagree with turning lateral acceleration up. It's perfect where it is now. OP lateral acceleration was a MAJOR problem in 15-17, and it's finally realistic where it's at now. It's still more than enough to create open ice. Puck movement is key.

I think nerfing lateral acceleration down to a realistic level is one of the top 3 major improvements to the game this year.

I didn't say turn up lateral acceleration. I said lateral acceleration was fine in 17 if you could lose the puck like you can in 18 (the skating effect on deking slider being increased). They lowered lateral acceleration (good, it was inaccurate), and increased the skating effect on deking so you lose the puck easier with any slight pivot (bad).

NHL players can skate very well with the puck and while deking, they mostly lose a deke due to their hands or an opposing player. 17 was inaccurate because they cannot turn sharp like that at that speed without losing the puck. The developer crew got it correct, that NHL players can't turn sharp with speed and maintain control of the puck, but they went overboard on the skating effect on deking. Even smaller cuts (Xbox One LB and LS in any direction) cause most players to lose the puck in EASHL unless you are a Dangler or PMD.

Just decrease the skating effect on deking and keep lateral acceleration the same (18)
  • Just some background on me, as a player:

My average game is 11-13 MS with a wired router
    Xbox One, wired controller
    Most used class is Puck Moving Defenseman
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    I can't speak for other modes, but as far as 1v1 modes (VS/HUT), I really think the game is balanced extremely well right now. I'd be totally fine if they didn't put out another tuner the rest of the year.

Of course they will, but I hope it's nothing drastic. The game is very well balanced and feels good as is.

I'm about 7 hours deep into this free trial and I'm pretty sure I will purchase when it's over. I'm really liking the game so far as much as that scares me to say.