EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Problem with VS Online Matchmaking

I really like how EA has given us the ability to set up lines and strategies before searching for a match this year. You are supposed to only have to do it once and be good as long as you don't exit the VS mode.

So the problem here is that it seems like every other game the match search function is breaking down in some way. It's usually a frozen search or a lost connection (but you are still connected to the servers?) This kicks you back to the main VS screen where you have to set everything up again. It's such a waste of time.

So EA, can you either fix the search so it works all the time or give us the ability to save our teams' lines and strategies settings so we can easily load them. Or maybe you could do both? I have never understood why you can save them in HUT but can't elsewhere.

Replies

• Thought you went on a big nonsensical tirade about how you weren't going to buy the game, eh bud? ;)

Just look on the bright side, last year you had to change them every game no matter what. :p
  • Workin_OT wrote: »
    Thought you went on a big nonsensical tirade about how you weren't going to buy the game, eh bud? ;)

Just look on the bright side, last year you had to change them every game no matter what. :p

True story...LOL. I'd like to see the numbers of people who claimed they weren't gonna buy it, and then there they were on release day picking it up brand new. At least I waited for a used copy this year though...so take THAT EA!!

In all seriousness though, I'm really curious if other game developers have this many year-to-year problems, issues, and nuances that they either won't do anything about or just are clueless about them. It just seems a bit ridiculous that we are four years into this generation of NHL games and we really aren't much ahead of where we were in 15, aside from the game modes they "added" over the years. So, as expected, I got about a week out of NHL 18 before I reached the boiling point with it. I think I may have made it to two weeks last year.

Honestly, I would rather go back and fire up the 360 and play, but there is neither support nor player base there to actually make it worthwhile or useful in any way.
  • Yearly games always have problems like this... Also lol at the people who lack the willpower to not buy a subpar product.