EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Goalies weaker since patch / tuner?

Anyone else feel the goalies are weaker ever since the patch / tuner? I have seen more weak goals go in especially under the pads. I have seen passes (slow even) from the side boards go right under the goalie pads. Tonight the AI shot the puck which was on the ice and it went under the pads again (actually went THROUGH the pad). A lot of goals I'm seeing should have been stopped. I understand a few stragglers get by even in real NHL, but this is getting crazy.

Replies

• Absolutely this patch effected goalies big time. Pucks are going in from horrible angles, theres a post hug glitch where your goalie doesn't hug the post but hugs the "imaginary" post in the middle of the goal.

Theres this video, pay attention to his wrist lol

My goalie doesnt seem to even react to some shots when his vision is uninterrupted. I really think they need to tune down accuracy of shots from the goal line, im tired of that stuff hitting the post then hitting my goalie doing a stupid animation and in.
  • I'll have to upload a video I think I recorded. It's where the puck basically goes through the goalie pad. Very weak and hope EA addresses this.
  • VeNOM2099
    2524 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Yeah. Shots from the goal line are still too accurate. I would accept it a little more if a player headed towards the net and TUCKED it in around me on the goal line. That would be fine. But players skating AWAY from the net and fire off a no look shot (they're not even facing the net) into the top corner that beats a goalie clean even if the goalie is on top of the post? C'mon...

I mean, look at this:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AnimatedImpracticalBrocketdeer-mobile.mp4

This is just looks ridiculous. Why is this even being allowed? There are SO many ways to score on the human goalies. Terrible angle shots like this should completely miss the net unless they take a shot with someone like Stamkos or McDavid or Ovechkin. Not with a preset build player in EASHL...

It's bad enough so many shots go in OFF the goalie (I thought the last patch was supposed to have fixed that). And I've also seen many shots from the goal line just go right under/through pads. Something is wonky with the game when shots are taken from that angle.
    YouTube: VeNOM3099
    Twitch: twitch.tv/venom3099

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Yeah. Shots from the goal line are still too accurate. I would accept it a little more if a player headed towards the net and TUCKED it in around me on the goal line. That would be fine. But players skating AWAY from the net and fire off a no look shot (they're not even facing the net) into the top corner that beats a goalie clean even if the goalie is on top of the post? C'mon...

I mean, look at this:

This is just looks ridiculous. Why is this even being allowed? There are SO many ways to score on the human goalies. Terrible angle shots like this should completely miss the net unless they take a shot with someone like Stamkos or McDavid or Ovechkin. Not with a preset build player in EASHL...

It's bad enough so many shots go in OFF the goalie (I thought the last patch was supposed to have fixed that). And I've also seen many shots from the goal line just go right under/through pads. Something is wonky with the game when shots are taken from that angle.

Unfortunately I don't have that video. Guess I forgot to record it. Regardless, the goals I'm seeing scored aren't the "crud, my bad...defense should have been better". They are the "THAT was a goal??" And i'm not sure there can be anything done on our side. I think this is all programming. Hopefully EA takes a look and addresses this. Until then, when it happens again, I'll post a video..
  • Sinbin
    1309 posts Member
    The latest update addressed bugs and stability issues. It didn't make goalies weaker.

Every time there's an update you guys assume all these stealth gameplay changes went in. That's not the case.
  • Steven5470 wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

I mean, look at this:

Unfortunately I don't have that video. Guess I forgot to record it. Regardless, the goals I'm seeing scored aren't the "crud, my bad...defense should have been better". They are the "THAT was a goal??" And i'm not sure there can be anything done on our side. I think this is all programming. Hopefully EA takes a look and addresses this. Until then, when it happens again, I'll post a video..

To be fair, these were happening before the patch. In fact it was one of my biggest issues with the game last year (poor angled shots from the goal line). So it's less an issue where the new patch is the problem, and more of a "the patch didn't actually fix it yet" thing...

Oh well... Maybe in a future update.

• barrett098
    410 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    I feel like i'm giving up a lot more weak goals where puck hits my pads and trickle into the net from weak shots. Not talking about pucks going under the pads, I mean the puck will hit the pads weakly and go into the net while goalie is in butterfly like goalie giving up a very slow rebound that's going into the net. That's the only difference I noticed, maybe it has something to do with the previous patch getting rid of nets coming off? I have auto sweeps turned off....maybe that's the problem?

I didn't cap it but gave up 3 goals like this in one game. So I'm sure it will happen when I play again, I try to cap it and upload the video when I play more this weekend.
  • off topic but how do you guys go into butterfly post hug? It seems to work about 50% of the time. I like to use it on a breakaway when i know which way they are going to shoot after deking, and half the time i go into a standing post hug even though im pushing RT first then LB (LEFT/RIGHT).
  • It sometimes glitches into giving you a stand up post hug. Used to happen in 16 and 17 as well. Even when I go down into butterfly first and slide into the post and then hold HUG the post, it will sometimes go into a stand up post hug on certain types of shots. I'm guessing it might be part of the legacy issues that are still plaguing this position.

• The goal where it goes through the pads has been around since the transition to next gen.. I hope one day they finally get around to fixing it.