EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 19 Wishlist

Replies

• cmz48278
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I've been playing nhl from ea ever since nhl 2001 I love this series passionately but I think certain things should be added into the game like face scan and definitely bring back winter classic mode and possibly adding stadium series mode with weather control like in fifa snow on and off feature and daily if not weekly roster updates
  • I would love to be able to select my own custom control button layout...for an example I use hybrid controls I love hybrid controls but I hate that poke check is the right bumper...if I can change what button does what command that would be awesome. I want to be able to customize my control layout setting by changing what button does what
  • cmz48278
    10 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bring back winter classic mode and add stadium series mode with (snow) and daily or weekly roster updates
  • Sixrohki
    56 posts Member
    cmz48278 wrote: »
    I would love to be able to select my own custom control button layout...for an example I use hybrid controls I love hybrid controls but I hate that poke check is the right bumper...if I can change what button does what command that would be awesome. I want to be able to customize my control layout setting by changing what button does what

If this doesn't come, you can always remap your controller in the options of the dashboard
  • buttstink6969
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    As someone mostly interested in full sim (and I do mean as close to real as possible) play in franchise mode my list would be:

Full scouting and drafting revamp. Have it at least make sense. The fact that I can scout an area with a med franchise surefire 1st overall pick for a month and my scout doesn't see him more than one time is just an absolute joke. The 'pin player to watchlist' feature has been around for how long and 90% of players still don't know what it does. Why? Player potential AND growth needs to be nerfed into the ground. It's absolutely absurd that after 3-4 years of an expansion franchise I can't even find room to sign med top 9 forwards because my prospect pool is solely comprised of med-low elite and med top 6 forwards through only drafting and signing free agents.

Player development needs completely reworked as well. Not every rookie should have 5 star skating, and it horribly skews the overall of young vs old players. For example, Lias Andersson gets drafted at #6 in the initial draft, three years in he's an 83 but most stats are in the low 80s to high 70s, but he's an 83 because he for some reason has 98 hand eye and almost all 99 skating attributes plus 5 star physicality despite being like 5'8 and 100 lbs. Now, I get a trade offer for an 81 overall Nick Shmaltz where every stat he has is high to low 90s but his skating is more 88-90 and low physicality. Overall says Lias is the better player, but in actually playing the game, with how skating seems so unimportant (McDavid and Brooks Orpik feel eerily similar in this game) Shmaltz is by far the better player.

Everything involving player trade value needs reworked. 'Rebuilder' franchises need to be more aggressive in selling off older assets and holding onto premium picks (NOBODIES TRADING A 1ST OVERALL IN A SUREFIRE FRANCHISE PLAYER DRAFT FOR YOUR 33 YEAR OLD ELITE PLAYER) whereas 'Champion' and 'Contender' franchises should always be looking to add at the deadline, even pay a premium. Look at what VGK gave up for Tatar or Marty Hanzal went for last year vs what they can be had for in this game. Also need to include NTCs (full and limited), PTOs, lottery protected picks and future considerations. Trade offers shouldn't be an immediate yes or no deal. Show a list of offers and allow teams to adjust or rescind offers over time. Trade markets should fluctuate seasonally based on the disparity between teams just as they do in real life.

Lastly the entire gameplay, AI and team chemistry function need redone. The 'full sim' (our most realistic setting) is a complete joke. Have the people who make this game ever watched an NHL hockey game? How many moonwalk off the boards to a drag the puck through the side of the net goals have YOU seen in real life? How many defenseman stop at the red line mid-rush and twitch side to side for a good 15 seconds? How many goalies are playing on the goal line in all circumstances, have never given up a five hole goal in their lives, but can go post to post in .1 seconds have ever existed? The game is a joke for anyone interested in even a semblance of realism. Hockey is a fast paced, incredibly skilled yet sloppy game. Passing and agility needs toned way down, speed differences between players needs to be more visible, agility needs to be nerfed into the ground (no, Ryan Reaves actually can't turn on a dime like Sidney Crosby) goalies need to be much more aggressive but more susceptible to pre-shot movement and more 'scrambly' in net. Forechecking needs to be aggressive and physical. Why are my attacking players not moving for a puck one foot in front of them? CPU offense is terrible. The AI NEEDS TO SHOOT THE PUCK!!!! (not every shot taken is a one timer in real life, boys) There is just so much wrong. Power plays are essentially useless, 90% of the time my players aren't even in the right spot or my defenseman are a foot out of the zone for some reason. Penalties are insane. Why is my cpu hooking players when there's not even a stick slash button? No ref is calling a penalty with 30 seconds left on a hold away from the play. Refs miss calls. Refs tend to let not totally egregious penalties go when a team is already shorthanded. They're not calling ticky-tac penalties in game 7 OT of the stanley cup finals. This is ridiculous. Make the game feel like real life.
    Post edited by Socair on
  • Jusp4
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Add a time penalty for teams in EASHL leaving the lobby or quitting a game before win/loss can be registered. After beating the same team a couple of times (or even once), they won't agree to a rematch that they are likely to lose. Feels like every time we are trying to find a match, the first five teams quit the lobby, and maybe after that we are matched with a team unfamiliar to us or one of the few teams that we can have a close game with. Adding even a two minute timeout from matchmaking would discourage people from quitting before the game has started. Then if the same team keeps quitting early, add a bigger penalty with a maximum of maybe 15 minutes. For comparison, Rocket League immediately gives a 15 min penalty.

Allow more specificity to the matchmaking procedure in EASHL. If I'm playing 6vs6 with 3 friends, I would like to find an opponent with 3+ or 4+ users. Now when we search with the "relaxed" option we get teams with 2 users, and we have no interest playing against the AI. If we wanted that, we would play Be a Pro. And of course the "exact" option excludes all the teams that have more users than we do which we would be fine with. The only drawback to this could be that finding a game at all becomes even harder than it is now.
  • Jusp4
    5 posts Member
    Get the powerplays back to EASHL 3vs3. Too many teams just wiggle forward with that ridiculous puck protection where you have the puck basically 180 degrees around your body. Their only goal is to try to bait you into taking a tripping penalty that now awards a penalty shot. It's easy but annoying to defend, and scoring penalty shot goals after the opponent trips you in the neutral zone is no fun either. I just want to play a game that resembles hockey. 3vs3 in NHL 18 is something else. With the powerplays it was an awesome game mode.
  • Gameplay seems to be the biggest issue with this game. But it is not as bad as people say it is. The direction of passes, skating and picking up the puck need the most work. Just make the skating like nhl 14, it was perfect. Saucer passes should be more of a thing next season in the game.

A few things that I noticed are missing from the game: getting kicked out of the faceoff circle, too many men penalties (maybe if you poorly time a line change) and cpu delay of game penalties. Dont think I saw one slashing penalty despite the crackdown this season.

Would be nice to have the khl, but I doubt it is going to happen. The national teams could use some updating. Slovenia and Korea have proven they belong, should be in the game.

Lastly, there are enough of the outdoor games happening. They had the winter classic for last gen. Hope that they can bring it back.
  • Froommey
    791 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    selanne8sj wrote: »
    Gameplay seems to be the biggest issue with this game. But it is not as bad as people say it is. The direction of passes, skating and picking up the puck need the most work. Just make the skating like nhl 14, it was perfect. Saucer passes should be more of a thing next season in the game.

A few things that I noticed are missing from the game: getting kicked out of the faceoff circle, too many men penalties (maybe if you poorly time a line change) and cpu delay of game penalties. Dont think I saw one slashing penalty despite the crackdown this season.

Would be nice to have the khl, but I doubt it is going to happen. The national teams could use some updating. Slovenia and Korea have proven they belong, should be in the game.

Lastly, there are enough of the outdoor games happening. They had the winter classic for last gen. Hope that they can bring it back.

The problem is not the Gameplay. It is good enough. To less individual stats of players. To less graphic details and features. Original appearance of all original players including pic cards in there Profile is a must. Maybe head scan and pic app to include. A complete History of every player in Franchise mode. All stats, trades .... during the season stats vs each Team he played and with which Team he played. Goalie masks, Jerseys, Scouting, Team History log. More player stats during the game. Hot, cold streaks, negotiations with other Teams about a player Deal .... and much more ..... its not only the KHL, USHL and NCAA with many young drafted players is a must too. Buy this rights. Also to play Franchise in other leagues. They made this game for online Arcade players now not for real NHL Freaks.

• My NHL 19 wishes:

Franchise mode- Needs more logos and mascots than there are in NHL 18 selection

EASHL- needs a practice mode and a way to play evenly matched games (meaning 2 players vs 2 players with either 2 or 4 CPU)

Be a pro- it should be a lot easier if I got drafted for a team I didn't want to make if after like 15 games or so to request being traded away without constantly being declined

Things I want To be Added to NHL 18:

ADD A REFFING MODE!!!!

There should be a way to CHALLENGE plays in offline + online games

You should make it easier to transfer when changing from player to player ( personal experience when I change I stop and turn away from the puck carrier)

Smarter team AI- I shouldn't have to customize a preset in order to make my team have good plays

More control layouts or easier patterns to remember skill plays (probably more so my memory but I can never remember how to perform certain skill moves when they would come in handy and end up turning over the puck)

A custom music list would be great as well
  • With FIFA loosing the rights to the Russian League to Konami the chances of the NHL team getting the KHL are likely even less. Russian businesses probably less willing to work with a primarily western media company.
  • ThomasN7
    118 posts Member
    I would like to see Squad Battles be implemented in NHL 19. I play squad battles in Fifa and they are fun to play. It would be great addition to the game.
  • My reply was waiting mod approval and never cleared, so here again at risk of a double post:
    JJKAYLER36 wrote: »
    Here another thing to add or take away:

Get rid of Competitive Ratings for players

Have all 3v3 games in EASHL unranked

Have the option to Hide your player level/Badge in EASHL

Bring back Public Lobbies (NHL 09-15) but allow for the Random Matchmaking system to still be used

In Drop In EASHL game: Let's Play in an authentic NHL team stadium if the Users pick a NHL team vs. a generic drop in arena.
    For a brief period of time, CR mattered to me. Now it doesnt, and it doesn't bother me that it matters to other people. On 1 hand, I'd like to see drop ins group players into games with similar CR. Get your CR high enough, and you'd be free from the trolls and scrubs. On the other, I enjoy not caring about my CR, as it allows me to play with friends who plain suck at this game.

The 3v3 EASHL leaderboard is separated from the rest, isnt it? I know for individual player stats, you get a different leaderboard. Assumed when I was looking at the top clubs leaderboard, that I wasn't looking at stats including arcade 3s games.

Public Lobbies: Drop Ins were a better experience back then than now, no debating that.

Back outs: 2 reasons -> i) 4s dont want to wait forever to match just another 4. Would accept a 3 or a 5, but no interest in a 2. EA doesn't give the tools to search for SameSize +/-1, so backing out is the only option.
    ii) Auto Region select doesn't always seem to work (given that match goalie doesn't always work, this is no surprise). East coast matchups i get ~ 18ms, but West Coast puts me over 50ms.

Arena: I get ya on this now. A good unlock for them would be each Div 1 title / playoff banner earned, you get to unlock a NHL arena.
    Esports (What a joke, a copout for people who arent skilled/dont want to put in the hard work in a REAL sport). Did you notice that NONE of the players are EQUAL in any sport? and esports was made by people who wish who could play a pro sport but unfortunately due to lack of skill, talent, size, strength, etc. CANT.

Never once I said "I want a super charged turbo skater with me scoring 7 goals a game" NO, I want something that I want to create and develop as my own player in the EASHL. Wouldn't someone in real life who played 500 games more than a rookie in his/her first start, ITS OBVIOUS that the more experienced player would have a better chance at winning.

If you've played 500 games, you will beat a rookie. You shouldn't need stat boosts to accomplish this. HUT is the mode that gives you that, as it's a byproduct of the dopamine-reward loop.

EASHL is the balanced mode for competitive team play. The development over playtime is in your hands, your vision and your teamplay.

Speed being locked across classes is the best thing to happen to EASHL, and we probably owe that to the Game Changers. When GM Connected was in the game, a 72 overall Mason Raymond was way better than a 95 Henrik Sedin because of speed. Speed wins, and it wins without teamplay. Team Play is the focus on EASHL now, and team play can shut down all money goals.
    Another big EASHL change was removing Auto-Sauce from nonplaymaker classes. It doesnt seem like other classes can get deflection goals too regularly, maybe Grinder can? It'd be interesting to hear from the Game Changers what else theyd like to do with player classes.
    EASHL player
  • My idea's for NHL 19.
    • More aggressive AI, that take penalties
    • Suspensions for taking a major penalty, or a nasty hit that's not called
    • Random refs, who have preferences for different calls (ie likes calling slashes but rarely calls holding etc)
    • A ref vision. The CPU refs can only see where they looking. Cannot call a penalty on a play behind them. They always looking around though
    • Too Many men penalty. Random bad line change (ie once per 10 games played)
    • Goalie injuries during play. But only on saves where they stretch too much, or get hit in head with puck. CANNOT be injured by being hit.
    • IN GM. Ability to realign every season.
    • IN GM. Ability to have a CPU team move, if they losing major money, with poor attendance etc. The game would have several random preset teams (in each city 2 or 3 preset with everything planned. Could also be available to players if they want)
    • IN GM/BAP. Show PP%/PK% for season. as well as faceoff % for season.
    • Lesson the tripping calls for blocking shots.
    • All player goal celebrations
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    NHL 19 wish list is the same as it's been for the past 6 years.

1. Remove TPS and go back to the previous responsive skating engine
    2. Bring back classic vision control
    3. Add servers, update servers, update net code, etc.

Just these (3) things alone will fix all game play issues, the game would be smooth, fast, responsive, and exciting. I miss the NHL 09 thru NHL 12 community, it was large, robust, loyal, and fanatical!!! over this game. EASHL was incredible, the rivals, the hours each night playing club, etc. There was no other time like it, NHL 12 was the last year this game thrived... NHL 13 saw a huge decline in EASHL loyalists, they started to complain and played less and less.. Each year since more and more EASHL legends put the game on the shelf.

• As a LONG TIME Player of EA Hockey and having bought and played the very first one as well as your most recent addition(18) I have seen your game make HUGE leaps since that first year! I Love the game and especially your CREATE Modes!

If I may be so bold and suggest some wish items for 2019? These I believe would make EA Hockey even better in my humble opinion.In one word I can describe the overall context of my wish list and that is.........MORE VARIETY and CHOICES(per the Creation part of your game).....That is my favorite thing about EA is your creation zones and alot of things I wished for years ago you ended up bringing out on your own(Create a Team,Create A Uniform,etc.)and it is much appreciated! I would like to suggest More of everything

1.ALOT more Uniform choices(Jerseys,Pants,Socks)It would be great if you could actually get list of very creative original designs for them),more skates,and especially ALOT MORE Logos and emblems for the Created Teams

2.ALOT more original Goalie Masks(Not from the AHL and the other leagues)but the ones like you had in 2008 ONLY ALOT more original designs(No disrespect intended BUT I dont like to use goalie masks that someone else has)

3.More generic names cause I like to make alot of created players and I dont like to have to use some real hockey players name like Kessel when my player is named Bartkowski.(Smoky,Hotshot,Killer....names like that)

4.The ability to install created players in your franchise mode while its in its 6th season or 12 season as opposed to making them all Rookies the same year(The 1st year)

5.A better color wheel with options for GOLD and SILVER and BRONZE(Not yellow or gray,but actually Gold color and silver)

6.I also would like to suggest more Stadium ideas and unique looking ones(The 2 you have for the AHL are more unique and sweet looking than any you have for the NHL

7.More Fan movement and maybe show the fans interacting more and walking around going to the concession stand as well as the team store

8.IT would be really neat to see you gather Pix for every possible created team and show them like you do right before a game(Like the skyline of Houston or Say Cleveland,etc.)

9.I would also like to see a better more discernible FACE Generator as well.

10.I also forgot to mention that I would like to see ALOT more diverse faces and expressions from the players and conversations between them as well as the Goalies reacting in more ways.Maybe a more in depth created player personality affects and traits?

Maybe even add the number of possible created players to 700?!

Overall though you have created a GREAT Game that I really enjoy! THX for that and I would appreciate it if someone could give me feedback or let me know what they think of these ideas.

Thx so much
  • Back outs: 2 reasons -> i) 4s dont want to wait forever to match just another 4. Would accept a 3 or a 5, but no interest in a 2. EA doesn't give the tools to search for SameSize +/-1, so backing out is the only
    option.

I agree 100%, EASHL should have SameSize +/-1 club Matchmaking. I like what you called it. :smile:

ii) Auto Region select doesn't always seem to work (given that match goalie doesn't always work, this is no surprise). East coast matchups i get ~ 18ms, but West Coast puts me over 50ms.

Servers must be better, updated and etc to improve the connection of all players in all regions. there are many complaints about EA network performance on their servers and it is an issue where you or I cant do anything about it. I would like to see perfect Network performance no matter the region of where players are playing in the world: East Vs. West Vs europe. you name it.

• got another Idea for ALL.

What about Cross-Platform play between PS4 and Xbox One?
  • The penalties I can understand. Your never going to choose to elbow a guy. They have to add penalties somehow. I can over look that. Just get rid of the Tilted Ice and catch up logic. The last minute logic drives me nuts. Even if the AI is up 3 goals there still playing as if there down 1

And yes the magnet puck drives me crazy. I can poke check them 100 times and 99 times it will just end up on another of there players sticks. But they poke check me once and they have the puck even if they don't poke check me they just come up with the puck . Its ridiculous. I know they can make a competitive AI. They have done it in the past. Why can't they do it again?
  • - More responsive crowd. Already improved... Could still use some fine tuning. Also, more board crashing audio.
    - after whistle activity. I can poke check the opposing goalie after the whistle and nothing. Try that in the real world and you get your head caved in, or back smashed with a brutal cross check. Multi player scrums.
    - multi year season mode, or... Multi team franchise mode.
    - coach feedback on be a pro. The whole thing needs work, especially defensive feedback. Tougher to code I'm sure, but it either needs to be more accurate or replaced. Good idea, but tough coding to get it right.
    - individual game box score stats for simulated games.
    - dropping gloves... Happens way to fast and doesn't look natural.
    - abbreviated regular season option for be a pro. Takes way to Long and punished for sim. Yeah... You can turn it off, but still happens.
    - be a pro contracts and gm response based off performance and not attribute ratings.
    - actual coaches on the bench if possible.
    - different arena announcers would be nice too. That guy gets around.
    - understandably not in the budget to get a big time should track... But what about allowing user to upload and use their own music? Other games have done that in the past. Copy right issues? Would be great to blast acdc, Metallica or queen before faceoffs.
    - tension building between players, especially during playoff series.