EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 19 Wishlist

Replies

• When a player is playing lets say left defence please please fix the right defence AI thinking and keep him on his own side. I'm tired of having him hump my leg because it figures he should be holding my hand instead of protecting the net
  • Get rid of the charging penalty, get rid of the hybrid icing for all online play, we buy this game to smash other players not sit in the box for a whole game, you have done your best to resemble the real NHL with rules and penalties but that's not what video games are about. They are about fun. Like guys flying over other players laying on the ice.
  • TMAdair
    2 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    General Gameplay:

Be a Pro:
    - Some sort of story - I only ever play the first few seasons then get bored and try to play junior and get drafted again because there is nothing to work towards. Even something like interviews and records to break. Or take a page from Madden and have legacy score. It would be awesome to try and beat records from gretzky or something
    - International Hockey - Get invited to play World Juniors or Olympics or World Cup of Hockey (or just make your own international tournament the EA cup I dont care)
    - Contract Negotiations - it would be great to have some sort of input on what you are looking for in a contract after your entry level
    - Bad Line Defense is total garbage if my defense collapse and cause the goal and I am a winger I still get negative feedback? My point guy is covered it's not my job
    - I prefer getting points that you can spend on player development. Maybe mini games that teach how to play and the better you do the more training points you get. Like Madden
    - while loading game have player on ice for warmups?
    - have the option to switch position if I am a centerman and I get drafted by Pittsburg I'm gonna be on the 3rd line forever or take Crosby job?! Many players switch roles if need be. Even if in creation you just put a secondary position and you can float depending on team needs

GM Mode:
    - Track more stats such as shot blocking
    - Track stats for players playing in CHL or getting drafted (be able to see how they simulate)
    - have staff! Be able hire and work with different style coach scouts ect. Be able to build different styles of teams starting with the staff
    - allow custom rosters in expansion mode. You can't even use EAs updates you can only use the roster when the game came out so this mode won't get used by me.
    - player search be able to search for players by name or type or overall so you can see who matches what you are looking for and what team they are on. Or find players who may have been traded
    - notifications for blockbuster trades - if someone 85 or higher gets traded or elite potential and higher then there should be a popup. That's big news and no one looks at the terrible news feed
    - change the news feed from trying to be cool to actually informative keep the Twitter just in it's own section.

Other Functions:
    -Be able to create and upload rosters like other games, lots of people do a lot of work on updating rosters and adding players, certainly more work than EA does on this so why not take advantage of that work?!
    - Obviously it would be awesome to get rid of Eddie and Mike
    - Cannot pick up puck after laying a hit (player on ice between you and the puck and you cannot pick it up, he gets up and still has the puck)
    - Replays are terrible - trying too hard to make it look real and you miss the play
    - 2 on 1 the second player rarely goes hard all the way to the net.
    - special teams AI are terrible. Watch some hockey games and get the teams to play like real special teams.
    - custom logos - working with the sad amount of logos for custom teams is frustrating allow for custom builds
    - allow for trading of draft picks in roster edit area so we can keep up the draft picks that get traded instead of waiting for ea updates
    - more offline player types there is only a few skilled player types. You already have them online so just move them offline
    - chemistry for offline modes is horrible. Look at MLB the show or something for a good example reuniting players with their home town or someone they played junior with would be awesome
    Post edited by TMAdair on
  • custom camera view, its there in instant replay mode so why not have it available for game play.
  • All I've ever wanted to play was a season mode with my brothers, we'd all have separate teams and players we draft and try and develop for a run at the Stanley cup. Except like more than 1 season so young players actually matter and if I dont end up making the playoffs but my brother does I'll say "at least I got next year" or "the next 25 years" or "I have a top three pick in upcoming draft suckers" I say season mode cause that's how long I've been waiting... franchise mode would be even better. XD
  • All I've ever wanted to play was a season mode with my brothers, we'd all have separate teams and players we draft and try and develop for a run at the Stanley cup. Except like more than 1 season so young players actually matter and if I dont end up making the playoffs but my brother does I'll say "at least I got next year" or "the next 25 years" or "I have a top three pick in upcoming draft suckers" I say season mode cause that's how long I've been waiting... franchise mode would be even better. XD

You're asking for GM connect...I miss it I am pretty sure we are not the only ones. But with the way the lag is..GM connect would make people blow up their Xbox with NHL in it.
  • Please have option for shorter season length in GM/Franchise Mode! 30 game season, play each team once would be awesome! I've been asking for years, PLEASE have this option this time for NHL 19!!!!
  • In be a pro make it so you can play for the all star game or world cup and the Olympics
  • may be in HUT make the legends over all higher
  • when you expansion draft for players but i wish you could get draft picks two
  • -do Zamboni driver a gen but with different teams
    - referee mode but real this time
    -bring back the winter classic
    -higher over all s for every player (not every)
    - play the all star game
  • PUT SID ON THE COVER HE WON TWO CUPS IN A ROW OR MALKIN
  • PUT SID ON THE COVER HE WON TWO CUPS IN A ROW OR MALKIN

Sid huh, maybe we can have it complete with tears. Malkin? Does he even still play?
  • There is one thing i have wanted to see many years its not a big thing to many, but i once didn't buy NHL games because of that. I want that goalies have different brand (shape) masks. That same Itech/Bauer mask has been there way too long. I know its not possible to see every real life mask livery but just make Price use his CCM-mask and Fleury and Rask to use their gold gage. And i mean really a shiny chrome-gold not that matte yellowish paint.. every other goalie also should have at least authentic colour gage, it looks a bit dull that rinne had that black one.. In NHL 13 and 14 it was great to see Martys mask had that real life shape and desing.

21095.jpg

130422163247-boston-bruins-tuukka-rask-single-image-cut.jpg

• A colour wheel for goalie masks like the ones when choosing colours for other pieces of equipment.
  • I want the game to be priced as it should be, 49.99 CDN so I might have a slight chance of getting my friends to try it out again. I won't pay full price for it again thats for sure.
  • really really big one...PLAYOFFS FOR EASHL 3s! Majorly disappointed in the lack of 3v3 playoffs after they marketed 3s as a huge thing for EASHL
  • Gameplay needs to be more like hockey. Tighter gap control and players keeping their position, knowing what's going on around them and reacting to stuff. Especially defensive AI should be fixed. Defensive players should know when to just clear the puck, not always skate or pass it in front of their net.
    Players should follow the tactics and instructions better. Individual instructions to your players would be nice and for the players to carry them out too. More diversity to the player types and players playing to their attributes.

Aso depth to the franchise mode.
  • As a British fan I'd love so see the list of European leagues available in game expand to include the EIHL(Elite League), NHL18 was really fun for me by including the CHL tournament.
    I'd also love to see IIHF license so that all international kits and rosters can be genuine, plus it would throw extra challenge element into game by allowing the world championships to take place for be a pro players whose teams don't qualify for playoffs.
  • BleachFIN wrote: »
    There is one thing i have wanted to see many years its not a big thing to many, but i once didn't buy NHL games because of that. I want that goalies have different brand (shape) masks. That same Itech/Bauer mask has been there way too long. I know its not possible to see every real life mask livery but just make Price use his CCM-mask and Fleury and Rask to use their gold gage. And i mean really a shiny chrome-gold not that matte yellowish paint.. every other goalie also should have at least authentic colour gage, it looks a bit dull that rinne had that black one.. In NHL 13 and 14 it was great to see Martys mask had that real life shape and desing.

21095.jpg

130422163247-boston-bruins-tuukka-rask-single-image-cut.jpg

Yes .All this beautiful uniqueness of every goalie just ignored.What a shame and what a loss for us.At least give us the option to recreate these masks on our own so you dont have to deal with it.Create custom designs with import texture option and give us texture templates.And skilled hockey fan artists can do the masks and viola.Issue solved.People love to mod .Maybe not everybody but given the oportunity the fans will create all the official masks and millions of fantasy masks trust me.And people will brag about their designs etc ...huge opportunity missed ..I dont even understand how this is not yet in the game.