EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 19 Wishlist

Replies

• neonfish85 wrote: »
    BleachFIN wrote: »
    There is one thing i have wanted to see many years its not a big thing to many, but i once didn't buy NHL games because of that. I want that goalies have different brand (shape) masks. That same Itech/Bauer mask has been there way too long. I know its not possible to see every real life mask livery but just make Price use his CCM-mask and Fleury and Rask to use their gold gage. And i mean really a shiny chrome-gold not that matte yellowish paint.. every other goalie also should have at least authentic colour gage, it looks a bit dull that rinne had that black one.. In NHL 13 and 14 it was great to see Martys mask had that real life shape and desing.

21095.jpg

130422163247-boston-bruins-tuukka-rask-single-image-cut.jpg

Yes .All this beautiful uniqueness of every goalie just ignored.What a shame and what a loss for us.At least give us the option to recreate these masks on our own so you dont have to deal with it.Create custom designs with import texture option and give us texture templates.And skilled hockey fan artists can do the masks and viola.Issue solved.People love to mod .Maybe not everybody but given the oportunity the fans will create all the official masks and millions of fantasy masks trust me.And people will brag about their designs etc ...huge opportunity missed ..I dont even understand how this is not yet in the game.

They are concerned about people uploading "offensive" images...even though 2k has this feature for wwe2k18 with no issues.
  • trw1987 wrote: »
    neonfish85 wrote: »
    BleachFIN wrote: »
    There is one thing i have wanted to see many years its not a big thing to many, but i once didn't buy NHL games because of that. I want that goalies have different brand (shape) masks. That same Itech/Bauer mask has been there way too long. I know its not possible to see every real life mask livery but just make Price use his CCM-mask and Fleury and Rask to use their gold gage. And i mean really a shiny chrome-gold not that matte yellowish paint.. every other goalie also should have at least authentic colour gage, it looks a bit dull that rinne had that black one.. In NHL 13 and 14 it was great to see Martys mask had that real life shape and desing.

21095.jpg

130422163247-boston-bruins-tuukka-rask-single-image-cut.jpg

Yes .All this beautiful uniqueness of every goalie just ignored.What a shame and what a loss for us.At least give us the option to recreate these masks on our own so you dont have to deal with it.Create custom designs with import texture option and give us texture templates.And skilled hockey fan artists can do the masks and viola.Issue solved.People love to mod .Maybe not everybody but given the oportunity the fans will create all the official masks and millions of fantasy masks trust me.And people will brag about their designs etc ...huge opportunity missed ..I dont even understand how this is not yet in the game.

They are concerned about people uploading "offensive" images...even though 2k has this feature for wwe2k18 with no issues.

They're just too lazy to police it, anything can be misused.
  • HUT
    Not sure what EA is planning on doing in NHL19 but it'd be awesome to see them team up with upper deck for hut, have real cards, rookie cards, throwback cards, special cards, instead of their cards, have just players from all the years, would be a heck of an idea
    Franchise
    - Real insiders from NBC, Sportsnet, NHL
    - Contract extensions
    - hiring firing staff (scouts, player development, Coaches)
    - Scouting (should be able to see draftable players stats from leagues they play in all year)
    - ECHL being connected to franchise
    - Development/potential (development of players should directly be effected by playing time (any level(AHL/OHL), potential, and how you use them), and training (which would determine how you could use them)
    - Overall mode feel (story lines develop over the course of a NHL year, so have stories emerge throughout the hectic NHL schedule (Vegas being #1 in the league, Players demanding trades)
    - Having systems mean something (Montreal plays a shut down system and they have players that fit in that role and play within it)
    Ratings
    -how they affect one another (how attributes affect one another)
    -more conservative ratings (some ratings are still mind boggling)

Just my thoughts on a few things that I think might add to overall game experience, presentation is fine, now EA needs to add to modes and functionality of the game
  • The most important thing that needs to be added to NHL 19 is this.

The player's defensive AI needs to behave the SAME way as the CPU defensive AI.

Player AI is god awful in comparison to CPU AI. There's no reason for this. My AI should not plow face first and pin the puck to the boards behind my net while the opposing player is at the top of the circle.
  • LtSplinter wrote: »
    The most important thing that needs to be added to NHL 19 is this.

The player's defensive AI needs to behave the SAME way as the CPU defensive AI.

Player AI is god awful in comparison to CPU AI. There's no reason for this. My AI should not plow face first and pin the puck to the boards behind my net while the opposing player is at the top of the circle.

This is something I've never understood in this series. Why does the defenseman have to stop his momentum when retrieving the puck. Especially if there is pressure coming they should keep their momentum going and try to skate out of trouble. If that can't be done then clear it along the boards and as a last resort pin it to the boards. Hockey basics that somehow never find their way into the game.
  • I think you need to add Zamboni mode as welll as referee mode because that can gain u customers as well as for Be a pro let us allow to upgrade what we think we should upgrade and in franchise mode add in a start at this date sorta thing where you can play the season from where it is in real life
  • Simple touches can fine tune this already great game!

1- Small "THREES" tournaments/seasons for HUT (HUT threes would be so fun)
    2- Winter Classic/Stadium Series mode and stadiums for HUT like they used to have
    3- Adding real commentators for each team would be dope (I could see how this one would be hard tho)
    4- All time teams like 2K NBA has (for example 2010 Hawks, '04 Lightning, '97 Wings, '80 USA, etc)
    5- GIVE US BACK WCOH JERSEYS!!!!!!!!
    6- Real coaches behind the bench and in HUT (How hard is it to make 31 new faces and hut cards?)
    7- Most teams use two forwards and one defender for 3v3 OT but ea thinks otherwise for some reason lol
    8- Updating Commentary throughout the real NHL season. (Madden does this weekly and its Insane)

These are just a few simple touches (except 3 lol) that can really clean up this game.
  • Я считаю что в nhl 19 надо вернуть режим GM Connected , это лучший игровой режим !!!
  • I think EA needs to add My League in there franchise, as well as add the stats NBA 2k has, player health, award stats. Just simply take notes from NBA 2k. Even MLB The Show needs to add in a My League. Now for career mode in NHL, they should combine things from 2k, The Show, and Madden, you could come up with a very nice fun career mode.
    For Game play I would love to see challenges, Home team has the last line change, just small things like that.
  • A smarter switch between player. It should switch to the nearest opponent puck holder or the player that is between my goalie and the opponent puck holder. By doing so, I can constantly defend against the direct puck holder or make defensive move to counter the puck holder to go near the goalie.
  • SHORTER SEASONS/PLAYOFFS. Like back in NHL 2002.... Short season is play each team just once then do playoffs. I loved those!!! I wish they would bring this back. Short season = 30 games (once vs each team). I hope they bring this back someday
  • j0rtsu67
    480 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    yDapHuk8D wrote: »
    Я считаю что в nhl 19 надо вернуть режим GM Connected , это лучший игровой режим !!!
    "I think that in nhl 19 it is necessary to return mode GM Connected, this is the best game mode."

Google translate made it a bit easier to understand. ;)
  • GM connect would be fun to have again..but with all these issues with lagging/lagging out it would be impossible.
  • yes exactly I still play nhl98 or 2004 short season if I feel nostalgic
  • EASHL player progression again. and 3v3 playoffs...that was a huge disappointment for myself and my clubmates
  • ADD SHL/LIIGA/ALL NLA ARENAS!!!!!!!!!!! Or be able to use “7000 capacity”-rinks at “create team”
  • like our not hockey is know by theyr fights. I would like to see fight engine like old game nhl 2k , if a enforce is on line confidence of other team drops a engine like that will be great
  • sportmats wrote: »
    bryta47 wrote: »
    Wishlist for NHL 19

1. Dont make the game

Or take terrible teams like Leksand out of the game.

Whoa! Take it easy there, funny guy!
  • My bet is that the small team will not be able to to do a lot more then recreate Nhl 18 for the new engine this year.plus som cosmetic changes.Or maybe they pick story mode as a "new thing" .I liked it in Fifa but played it only once.So I am not sure wheter it is worth the invested time and money.
  • neonfish85 wrote: »
    My bet is that the small team will not be able to to do a lot more then recreate Nhl 18 for the new engine this year.plus som cosmetic changes.Or maybe they pick story mode as a "new thing" .I liked it in Fifa but played it only once.So I am not sure wheter it is worth the invested time and money.

"small team" that's just a phrase they use so people think they can't do much. In reality there's around 250 people working on the game. Where I come from playing early access games with 20 or fewer on the dev team 250 looks like a pretty big team to me.