EA Forums - Banner

Do synergies make any difference

Prev1
MrSpireite
223 posts Member
edited October 2017
3 active.

15 game losing streak.

Can't score. No speed. Opposition goalies always in position.

Silky smooth active
FS active
HT active

Replies

• 16 now
  • habs92
    138 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    it doesn’t change anything, i don’t know what the **** is wrong with that game. it’s always like that every **** year. no matter what players you have or whatever boost you have it doesn’t change anything, i just lost another game against a team full of 83,84 overall players and it was a game like you described, nothing works and everything is slow and my goalie is so slow that he gets caught out of position easily and my defs are useless acting like headless chickens. I’m trying to win games in seasons so i can get rewards cause i never waste money on virtual players, it’s too stupid and now it’s impossible to compete when you know beforehand that you’re gonna lose no matter what you do if your players are slow, i won a game like that and i had to play like a god, it was harder than winning against superstar ai.

I also get games that are super fast like too fast, it’s so fast that my goalie react like a rookie mode goalie on everything my opponent is doing.

And you know what, i think some people know what’s up but they’re keeping the secret cause that’s not a problem that everyone experienced from what i’ve seen so far.
    Post edited by habs92 on
  • Scoring goals. How the he'll do you guys do it.

Can't for the life of me score.

Getting in all the high % positions and goalies just stone wall me. 18 games now.

• Up to 20 now. Was winning last game 3-0 easy then suddenly every shot the guy there and I mean three in went in or 3 of them bounced to stick and in.

2-0 up same pattern.
  • habs92 wrote: »
    it doesn’t change anything, i don’t know what the **** is wrong with that game. it’s always like that every **** year. no matter what players you have or whatever boost you have it doesn’t change anything, i just lost another game against a team full of 83,84 overall players and it was a game like you described, nothing works and everything is slow and my goalie is so slow that he gets caught out of position easily and my defs are useless acting like headless chickens. I’m trying to win games in seasons so i can get rewards cause i never waste money on virtual players, it’s too stupid and now it’s impossible to compete when you know beforehand that you’re gonna lose no matter what you do if your players are slow, i won a game like that and i had to play like a god, it was harder than winning against superstar ai.

I also get games that are super fast like too fast, it’s so fast that my goalie react like a rookie mode goalie on everything my opponent is doing.

And you know what, i think some people know what’s up but they’re keeping the secret cause that’s not a problem that everyone experienced from what i’ve seen so far.

Fat man lag is real , nobody knows how to fix it but that's what's going on. Welcome to the club.
  • I noticed slight difference when I added Silky Smooth.. but when I added TN on TOP OF Silky smooth I noticed more of a difference.. not being able to score is on the user, synergies won't help too much with that
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    I noticed slight difference when I added Silky Smooth.. but when I added TN on TOP OF Silky smooth I noticed more of a difference.. not being able to score is on the user, synergies won't help too much with that

I agree it's on the user.

So why am I dropping divisions like a rock and suddenly unable to score in the high% slots. Superman saves of perhaps 10+ of those per game with shutouts common.

It's strange.

Breakaways for example as per usual my player is skating through treacle.
  • What does ice do in a freezer?
  • How can you lose 20 games in a row?
  • MCMZ
    37 posts Member
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    I noticed slight difference when I added Silky Smooth.. but when I added TN on TOP OF Silky smooth I noticed more of a difference.. not being able to score is on the user, synergies won't help too much with that

Have you tried using TN without S added to it?
    Miss putting my HUT team here....
  • How can you lose 20 games in a row?

Every game has fat man lag.
  • I believe that synergies do help. My games have been really smooth as of late. Minus the one face off loop last night. That still seems to be an issue
  • The thing is with the fat man lag is

Some get it all the time.
    Some get it some of the time.

The majority in the latter which causes issue.
  • MrSpireite wrote: »
    3 active.

15 game losing streak.

Can't score. No speed. Opposition goalies always in position.

Silky smooth active
    FS active
    HT active

I'm new to HUT this year and I never played any attention to the synergies and I was getting stomped. I did some research on synergies and I figured out that they are very important but also balance is needed. I spent a couple days wheeling and dealing on the market to get good players that had s (silky smooth) and TN (thread the needle) and mixed them with my best players and managed to come out of it with the S, TN, and FS (Fine shooting) syns active. I immediately noticed a pretty significant difference. Instead of losing every game I win about half of them. I'm not the best player I'd say around average. So if you're a good player and you take the time to get your synergies and players balanced I think you'll notice an improvement. It seems like S, and TN are the most important ones.
  • In the beginning I had just "S" activated. I could not really experience any kind of significant improvement. Even my 90 McDavid was not able to pass a defender on allstar or superstar. At the beginning of the week I was able to activate "TN" as well and the combination of S and TN seems to be really helpful. My players are really faster now and McDavid is now able to pass defender (other fast forwards like FB Gaborik, too).

So I can highly recommend TN in combination with S.
  • Finch1965 wrote: »
    In the beginning I had just "S" activated. I could not really experience any kind of significant improvement. Even my 90 McDavid was not able to pass a defender on allstar or superstar. At the beginning of the week I was able to activate "TN" as well and the combination of S and TN seems to be really helpful. My players are really faster now and McDavid is now able to pass defender (other fast forwards like FB Gaborik, too).

He's BACK !
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    Finch1965 wrote: »
    In the beginning I had just "S" activated. I could not really experience any kind of significant improvement. Even my 90 McDavid was not able to pass a defender on allstar or superstar. At the beginning of the week I was able to activate "TN" as well and the combination of S and TN seems to be really helpful. My players are really faster now and McDavid is now able to pass defender (other fast forwards like FB Gaborik, too).

He's BACK !

Of course and I´m already waiting for EVO Stamkos.
  • Synergy makes huge difference guys. my team is not uber uber but it ok and i win more than i lose.

I did not buy any packs for cash, just AH and tourny packs plus packs from pre-order. I have TN, S active for the team and then some guys got FS and some got RS. I am thinking of dropping FS for DZ and adding kuzentsov and another guy. I am trying toget some better D men as well. It make a huge difference but nobody can beat the fat man lag!

1) Gaudreau (S) / Joe Sakic (FS, cp, S) / Zetterberg (S)

2 )Taylor Hall (RS)/ Nathan Mckinnon (S)/ Nikolaj Ehler (S)

3) Mitchell Marner (S) / Logan Couture (TN)/ Evander Kane TOW (RS)

4) Viktor Arvidsson (TN)/ Cal Clutterbuck Movember (FS, TN, aa)/ Ville Leino Evolution (FS, TN -2)

defense

1) Duncan Keith (RS)/ Mark Recchi (FS, LL) Goalies- John Vanbiesbrouck (S, cw)
    Tyler Parsons bronze (S, TN, cw)
    2) Roman Josi (S)/ Kris Letang (S)
    Coach- Michael Davidson (TN -3)
    3) TJ Brodie (RS)/ Niklas Backstrom (TN)
  • jake19ny
    688 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I’ve not seen much difference with most Synergies but I’m sure some make a slight difference. I stand by it’s more about user skill level and connection than ratings and Synergies