EA Forums - Banner

NHL 3's (VS Mode)

Are a lot of people playing this mode? After playing regular 5v5 mode for a few hours tonight I hopped into 3s VS mode and I really thought it was a blast!

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to be playing it some more.

What do you guys think of it?

Replies

• CrushNHL wrote: »
    Are a lot of people playing this mode? After playing regular 5v5 mode for a few hours tonight I hopped into 3s VS mode and I really thought it was a blast!

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit it, but I thought it was a lot of fun. I'm definitely going to be playing it some more.

Are you talking 3's in eashl? As a goalie, it is a crap shoot sometimes. But when everyone is playing well and playing defense, it can be fun. But often it's a high scoring game. We even managed to decimate some good players from 17, 11-2 (human goalies).

I haven't played as skater in 3s yet, but i imagine it would be more fun for them with more open ice.

Definitely a bigger challenge in net.
  • CrushNHL wrote: »

Are you talking 3's in eashl? As a goalie, it is a crap shoot sometimes. But when everyone is playing well and playing defense, it can be fun. But often it's a high scoring game. We even managed to decimate some good players from 17, 11-2 (human goalies).

I haven't played as skater in 3s yet, but i imagine it would be more fun for them with more open ice.

Definitely a bigger challenge in net.

I dont understand why EASHL 3s goalie feels harder to most people. There are only 2 passing options as opposed to 4.

Perhaps the skaters should stop playing in a 0-3 formation and at least keep one guy back as designated defender? Breakaways are not the goalie's fault.
  • No, I'm talking the 3s 1v1 VS mode