EA Forums - Banner

Increase penalties!

Prev1
What kind of scrub hockey are you EA guys running this year? All anyone does is mash poke check from bad angles, and it works! Pokes are far too accurate and bad pokes cause too few penalties.

Theres not even a point to take someone with good poke checking skill, everyone can poke check with nearly 100% accuracy.

Replies

  • I'm actually for this as well.

    And I'm saying this as a defensive player. Increase the penalties.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.
  • I watch people poke through my skates from behind 4-5 times while gliding and holding my stick away from then when I know I should be able to draw a penalty before I give up and skate away. As Ive said for years, the consistency in this game regarding penalties(and really anything if were being honest) is an absolute joke. It also seems like theyve shut off every penalty in the game besides the occasional trip. After the first few days and the constant boarding/checking from behind penalties, I havent seen one. Kids will take 60 foot runs at people skating full speed but theres no more charging.
  • mikeq67 wrote: »
    I watch people poke through my skates from behind 4-5 times while gliding and holding my stick away from then when I know I should be able to draw a penalty before I give up and skate away. As Ive said for years, the consistency in this game regarding penalties(and really anything if were being honest) is an absolute joke. It also seems like theyve shut off every penalty in the game besides the occasional trip. After the first few days and the constant boarding/checking from behind penalties, I havent seen one. Kids will take 60 foot runs at people skating full speed but theres no more charging.

    If you're gliding and they are skating, shouldn't they be catching up with you?
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    mikeq67 wrote: »
    I watch people poke through my skates from behind 4-5 times while gliding and holding my stick away from then when I know I should be able to draw a penalty before I give up and skate away. As Ive said for years, the consistency in this game regarding penalties(and really anything if were being honest) is an absolute joke. It also seems like theyve shut off every penalty in the game besides the occasional trip. After the first few days and the constant boarding/checking from behind penalties, I havent seen one. Kids will take 60 foot runs at people skating full speed but theres no more charging.

    If you're gliding and they are skating, shouldn't they be catching up with you?

    If they were skating full steam ahead yup, but they are too busy spamming poke check through my skates 5 times as I turn away from them. Not sure how your comment had anything to do with what I was talking about.
  • I think they can't catch up with you gliding even if they continue skating, they can't take you out of balance by body checks, there's no possibility to make you uncomfortable with small hooks or slashes, so people resort to poking.
    Of course, this should result in a penalty but since your holding your stick out to the side, you are protected and their pokes are useless.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.

    I've tried it all, I hold puck protect, I hold it to the opposite side with RS, still poke checks are too accurate. Even just skating by people who are out of position, flat footed, get hits on desperation pokes all the time.

    Sure you can pass or dump it, but why pass on a breakaway, or dump it. 90% of the time this is an issue is when you catch an opponent out of position and hes behind you mashing poke check 4-5 times in a row. Accuracy needs to be toned down, penalties need to be jacked up, that way people will have to wait for a good opportunity, not just hammer pokes until they finally get one.
  • I just dont agree man, if anything there should be less penalties (or just left where they are tuned now) and the puck should be looser. Offense has always been OP in this series.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Spoken like a true poke spammer. I guess some people just like being bailed out by bad positioning.

    Poke checking is also offense and a defensive tool, a GOOD defenseman knows when to poke check and doesn't need to spam, right now all anyone is doing is skating circles poke spamming.

    Also penalties are almost non existent right now so yeah, less penalties would just mean no penalties.

    Like I said earlier, there is no noticeable difference between any classes on poke check skill, all classes have extremely accurate pokes. If they at least changed that, I might be able to put up with it but as is, everyones poke check seems to be inthe 90s.
  • Hey don't assume my spamder!
    And I can assure you there is a difference in poke checking according to class.
    When I play as a 2 way D my poke is great. Playing as offensive or enforcer, it's not so great.
  • Yeah penalties need to be buffed I agree. I like how powerful the poke check is right now, but I hate it when he's constantly poking through skates with no repercussion.
  • I guess they figure it's counter balanced with hitting because every hit I see in this game, someone goes to the box.
  • I guess they figure it's counter balanced with hitting because every hit I see in this game, someone goes to the box.

    Which is ridiculous. I've seen people turn before they hit to aim at a body and still get dinged for charging plenty of times in this game.
  • Any devs want to say if they plan on changing this? It's ruining EASHL. Every game is just a clusterf*** of people poke checking.
  • HandsomeCatf1sh
    1707 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The_B_0_G wrote: »
    Any devs want to say if they plan on changing this? It's ruining EASHL. Every game is just a clusterf*** of people poke checking.
    That's because everyone thinks
    they are Connor /|\cDavid97|
    It's not your newborn baby, it's just a puck...it doesn't need to be held forever.
  • So everyone should hit every poke check even on bad angles, through peoples legs without tripping calls. Got it.

    Its too bad that not one person that looked at this thread agrees with you.

    Just because I think poke checking is was too overpowered, doesn't mean I dangle around every game puck hogging. Do you play EASHL 6s? Its a joke with this poke checking, not fun at all.
  • I see tripping penalties all the time, and its really not to hard to draw them if someone is spamming poke.

  • Poke checking and the DSS is fine as is in my opinion. In fact I see a lot of 🎃🎃🎃🎃 tripping penalties. Sometimes I’ll just have my stick out and an opposing player will skate into it and then I’ll receive a penalty when he doesn’t even stumble or fall. Technically how can that be tripping then?

    Finally the defensive side of the game is balanced with the offensive side and of course some people are going to complain because they can’t dangle and hold onto the puck as often as they could before. Watch a real NHL game and players don’t hold on and/or have possession of the puck as we can and do in this game.
  • Follisimo
    1006 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.

    It shouldn't matter. If a pokecheck goes thru the legs on the poke out or pull back it should be called 100% of the time. There should not be a single bit of leeway at all. Same goes for the sticklifts that hit players up high. Call the game correctly and people will have to play better.

    It's not asking for anything unrealistic.

  • Follisimo wrote: »
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.

    It shouldn't matter. If a pokecheck goes thru the legs on the poke out or pull back it should be called 100% of the time. There should not be a single bit of leeway at all. Same goes for the sticklifts that hit players up high. Call the game correctly and people will have to play better.

    It's not asking for anything unrealistic.

    Ah so no advantage like offensive players have had for years in this series? :wink:

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!