Increase penalties!

2Next

Replies

• Follisimo
    1002 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    mhandymanb wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.

It shouldn't matter. If a pokecheck goes thru the legs on the poke out or pull back it should be called 100% of the time. There should not be a single bit of leeway at all. Same goes for the sticklifts that hit players up high. Call the game correctly and people will have to play better.

It's not asking for anything unrealistic.

Ah so no advantage like offensive players have had for years in this series? :wink:

Offense should always have the advantage over defense. It's how the game is meant to be played in real life too. Why do you think they are calling every single penalty now in real life hockey? Because they are tired of what you see in the NHL 18 product. Sloppy ugly hockey.

The current product in EASHL is complete trash as many of the games are simply not who is the more talented team but instead who is getting the puck back after a puck. I speak from a 6's viewpoint. I also play defense and goalie only. You don't really even need to be good position wise in defense to be able to dominate which is sad. Stacking 5 in the slot pretty much dominates games and creates boring as hell games. Playing as a goalie I face even less shots than before and the ones that are shot are usually sure thing goals or weak rebound shots in hopes of bang in goals.

You know it's bad when most of their precious GameChangers rather stream games like Fortnite and other things because people just aren't as engaged due to NHL !8 Pokecheck Edition and their awful no trade/betting cards type rules.

• mhandymanb wrote: »
    Follisimo wrote: »
    How about you protect the puck? Or even....
    pass or dump it!!!!
    Its really not that hard to draw penalties if players are "spamming" poke check.

It shouldn't matter. If a pokecheck goes thru the legs on the poke out or pull back it should be called 100% of the time. There should not be a single bit of leeway at all. Same goes for the sticklifts that hit players up high. Call the game correctly and people will have to play better.

It's not asking for anything unrealistic.

Ah so no advantage like offensive players have had for years in this series? :wink:

But I got tripped!!!!! No call wahhhhwahhhh
    :)
  • The tuning is fine. No need to change it. Like HANDYMAN said, it's finally somewhat balanced for the defense now.
  • It's just a little poke and stab...curl or shred away from the poke...you'll draw a penalty my friend.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    The only eashl that's playable is 3s for me. I just don't see how anyone can find the current poke check meta in 6s fun. All I played last year was 6s eashl but this year it's insanely boring.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people are held accountable for being caught out of position. You shouldn't be bailed out by being able to stick lift and poke check through the legs and body of the player, you can do it 3 or 4 times in a row without taking a penalty most of the time, and usually get the poke check too.

With proper positioning this shouldn't take away from defense, unless you're a pretty sh***y defensemen. It only punishes poor positioning.

You guys seem pretty set on keeping your NHL 18 bail out poke checking, but if you want an advantage on defense, play better defense, don't get caught out of position.
    Post edited by The_B_0_G on
  • The_B_0_G wrote: »
    The only eashl that's playable is 3s for me. I just don't see how anyone can find the current poke check meta in 6s fun. All I played last year was 6s eashl but this year it's insanely boring.

I don't think it's too much to ask that people are held accountable for being caught out of position. You shouldn't be bailed out by being able to stick lift and poke check through the legs and body of the player, you can do it 3 or 4 times in a row without taking a penalty most of the time, and usually get the poke check too.

With proper positioning this shouldn't take away from defense, unless you're a pretty sh***y defensemen. It only punishes poor positioning.

You guys seem pretty set on keeping your NHL 18 bail out poke checking, but if you want an advantage on defense, play better defense, don't get caught out of position.

I would 100% agree with you IF defense and TPS worked as well as puck carriers. As it is, TPS is insanely horrible when you don't have the puck and when you try to position yourself in your defensive zone, you get shoved all over the ice by the other team, and your team. You are always stuck goofing around with the controls just to TRY and stay in position.

If TPS has to remain this clunky and frustrating, then poke checks should remain as is.