EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

Lobby Simulator 2018

Prev1
If your playing 6s...doesn't matter if its club or group drops you spend WAY more time waiting in lobby trying to find a game than acutally playing. Rammer with great idea to bring in 3s into EASHL. When is this clown getting fired? I'm pretty sure this years games sales were bad too given the amount of people online even during prime hours.

Replies

  • 100% agree. Adding 3s split the already small community. Last night our club tried for 30 minutes in club and could only match against 2 clubs running 2's. We moved as a group of 5 (shouldn't have to do this) to drop-in. We finally found a game 20 minutes later. So total time for a game was around 50 minutes. In 4 hours last night we played 5 games. That is ridiculous.

    Is nobody playing the game? Or is everyone playing 3s? VS? HUT? Offline?
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    There is a reason 3's is taking over, TPS and input delay = horrible 6's experience.

    3's = more open ice which makes TPS and input delay doable, not good, but doable.

    I was full in 6's from NHL 10/11/12 when EASHL was at its peak, once TPS came in NHL 13 if you have input delay/latency its incredible hard to play 6's when your skater doesn't follow your inputs.

    3's is saving this game, not hurting it.
  • I'm hoping 6s club picks up once LG season starts since most of the teams will be trying to practice. If it wasn't for LG EASHL 6s would be dead.
  • What's LG gonna do when a goal goes in but the game loops to the last face-off taking away the goal???
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    There is a reason 3's is taking over, TPS and input delay = horrible 6's experience.

    3's = more open ice which makes TPS and input delay doable, not good, but doable.

    I was full in 6's from NHL 10/11/12 when EASHL was at its peak, once TPS came in NHL 13 if you have input delay/latency its incredible hard to play 6's when your skater doesn't follow your inputs.

    3's is saving this game, not hurting it.

    This doesn't make any sense. Whether you're playing EASHL 3s or 6s, it's the same TPS engine with the same issues. Even in NHL Threes, it's still TPS, albeit with settings that are more "relaxed".

    The main reason why people want to play EASHL 3s rather than 6s is that it mostly takes FOREVER to set up and then find 6s to play with and against. Also, in 3s you don't have to deal with pesky human Defensemen or Goalies (if you choose to play without them) so the playing field is more "even".

    I've played a few EASHL 3s Club games as a human goalie, and it's as I foretold before the game came out: if your team is good, you're going to be falling asleep back there and hardly get any good shots on you. If your team is bad, it's going to be a shooting gallery and you'll be lucky to make 1 save out of 10 shots total.

    3s is not for me. Maybe some other people might like it, good on them. But I'd rather play hockey. If I wanted to be in a shooting gallery, I'd play online shootout. At least I can fend for myself one vs me.
  • What's LG gonna do when a goal goes in but the game loops to the last face-off taking away the goal???

    Not sure yet, but pretty sure continue playing as the goal counted since it shows up in post game results screen. Maybe there will be a patch this weekend to fix that loop glitch before LG season starts...I think fighting is what triggers it?
  • barrett098 wrote: »
    What's LG gonna do when a goal goes in but the game loops to the last face-off taking away the goal???

    Not sure yet, but pretty sure continue playing as the goal counted since it shows up in post game results screen. Maybe there will be a patch this weekend to fix that loop glitch before LG season starts...I think fighting is what triggers it?

    No it happens without fighting so
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    There is a reason 3's is taking over, TPS and input delay = horrible 6's experience.

    3's = more open ice which makes TPS and input delay doable, not good, but doable.

    I was full in 6's from NHL 10/11/12 when EASHL was at its peak, once TPS came in NHL 13 if you have input delay/latency its incredible hard to play 6's when your skater doesn't follow your inputs.

    3's is saving this game, not hurting it.

    Well let's reverse it.
    If there was no Threes and Ben could finish his 3 year's plan instead, we might have an actually decent "new" hockey game.

    Not the same gameplay in purple colours and circus settings.
    Alright, def stick is awesome. But still :)
  • Yup. With the fewer buys, split squads and just overall absolutely abysmal lobbies (this mode will die in 19 if there are no lobbies we can choose to enter) it takes forever to find a game. Even with 6s it takes a long time to find one. Keep getting put in rooms with a single forward. What the hell.
  • And when you finally get in to a lobby with players. One spot is empty so everyone leaves.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2481 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Hopefully Black Friday when this game goes half off the community will fill up a bit.

    Sounds like the boycotters speaking with their wallet have killed it for the rest of you.
  • What about those JACK AS*** that just stay in the middle and dont pick their spot this kills the experience as well ITS time for EA to realize that the captain of the room needs a boot option for stuff like that
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    "This doesn't make any sense. Whether you're playing EASHL 3s or 6s, it's the same TPS engine with the same issues"

    You didn't read properly, I gave a reason why it's different. There is much more room/open ice in 3's so the input delay, slow turns, wonky pivots, etc. don't hurt you as bad as there aren't defenders/skaters up in your face like in 6's. 3's is more forgiving when skating with TPS and play with latency/input delay.

    The problem is
    1. TPS
    2. Latency/input delay
    3. TPS/input delay together = death
  • VeNOM2099
    2958 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    it still doesn't make any sense.

    Whether you have more or less space, you still have to deal with your supposed "input delay". Every game has some form of input delay which are caused by many different factors which could include: Response time from console to TV. Response time from controller to console. Network Latency. And animations in game (framerate, processing time).

    In every instance, except maybe network latency, the delay is fairly constant. So you should be able to adapt and respond accordingly to the delay. If I'm playing a racing game and I want to make a tight turn, I know I need to break, allow the car to slow down and then turn. If I'm playing a sports game where movements are based on physics, If I want to change direction I know I have to stop, shift my weight in the direction I want to go in, and then accelerate again. If I'm playing Pac-man, I know there's almost no delay between my inputs and the direction pac-man takes on screen.

    Each game has their own rules when it comes to control. Some games you have instant control. Others you have to deal with several mechanics. You just have to know this and adapt to the situation.

    You however, are impossibly fixated on blaming TPS for your lack of adaptation skills.
  • B-Bunny
    876 posts Game Changer
    edited October 2017
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    it still doesn't make any sense.

    Whether you have more or less space, you still have to deal with your supposed "input delay". Every game has some form of input delay which are caused by many different factors which could include: Response time from console to TV. Response time from controller to console. Network Latency. And animations in game (framerate, processing time).

    In every instance, except maybe network latency, the delay is fairly constant. So you should be able to adapt and respond accordingly to the delay. If I'm playing a racing game and I want to make a tight turn, I know I need to break, allow the car to slow down and then turn. If I'm playing a sports game where movements are based on physics, If I want to change direction I know I have to stop, shift my weight in the direction I want to go in, and then accelerate again. If I'm playing Pac-man, I know there's almost no delay between my inputs and the direction pac-man takes on screen.

    Each game has their own rules when it comes to control. Some games you have instant control. Others you have to deal with several mechanics. You just have to know this and adapt to the situation.

    You however, are impossibly fixated on blaming TPS for your lack of adaptation skills.

    Why adapt when I can come to the forums and complain about it every year in hopes that the game changes to how I want it to be.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • KidShowtime1867
    950 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    EASHL threes is a good time.

    So is 6's.

    I think something needs to be done with matchmaking.

    It might be time to do away with picking positions within a lobby or even having a pre-game lobby.

    Why not do what most FPS games do now;

    On the screen you'd;
    1. Select your position

    Then you'd see on Screen:

    2. Finding games..
    3. Found a game with open position.. joining..
    4. Waiting for 5 players ..
    5. Waiting for 3 players..
    6. Waiting for 1 player...
    7. Finalizing Rosters/Randomizing Home-Away


    Then you load right in to the game.

    No more pre-game lobbies.

    It does away with the trolls and the morons who just chirp and sit in the middle.

  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    Venom/Bunny,

    Two peas in a pod, lol...

    And have no clue apparently.

    I want my controller inputs to register on time! Is that too much to ask for? I guess for you two it is....

    TPS + input delay = Terrible experience.

    Has zero to do with adaptability, zero! I play just fine with TPS offline, online its a disaster with 1/2 second input delay. Why that is hard for you to understand is head scratching to say the least.
  • barrett098
    416 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    Venom/Bunny,

    Two peas in a pod, lol...

    And have no clue apparently.

    I want my controller inputs to register on time! Is that too much to ask for? I guess for you two it is....

    TPS + input delay = Terrible experience.

    Has zero to do with adaptability, zero! I play just fine with TPS offline, online its a disaster with 1/2 second input delay. Why that is hard for you to understand is head scratching to say the least.

    1. turn off the firewall if you have an anti virus program in the house anywhere on a computer that is using the same internet as ur ps4.

    2. get a gaming monitor with 1m/s input delay instead of playing on a tv (which usually have 50m/s+ delay)

    3. get good.



    also i like KidShowtime1867's idea for matchmaking. or at least bring up 12 man lobbies where we can get our own games going instead of relying on rammers abysmal matchmaking system.

  • Hopefully Black Friday when this game goes half off the community will fill up a bit.

    Sounds like the boycotters speaking with their wallet have killed it for the rest of you.

    EA were the ones that killed it for everyone when this generation started, can't blame people for not wanting to pay for a terrible game.

  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    it still doesn't make any sense.

    Whether you have more or less space, you still have to deal with your supposed "input delay". Every game has some form of input delay which are caused by many different factors which could include: Response time from console to TV. Response time from controller to console. Network Latency. And animations in game (framerate, processing time).

    In every instance, except maybe network latency, the delay is fairly constant. So you should be able to adapt and respond accordingly to the delay. If I'm playing a racing game and I want to make a tight turn, I know I need to break, allow the car to slow down and then turn. If I'm playing a sports game where movements are based on physics, If I want to change direction I know I have to stop, shift my weight in the direction I want to go in, and then accelerate again. If I'm playing Pac-man, I know there's almost no delay between my inputs and the direction pac-man takes on screen.

    Each game has their own rules when it comes to control. Some games you have instant control. Others you have to deal with several mechanics. You just have to know this and adapt to the situation.

    You however, are impossibly fixated on blaming TPS for your lack of adaptation skills.

    Why adapt when I can come to the forums and complain about it every year in hopes that the game changes to how I want it to be.

    Instead of Mocking people how about give us a timeline when Looping and resetting is getting fixed... Just saying
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!