EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Player Customization Pitch

I've been throwing this pitch at Rammer for a few years now and I wanna bring it to your guys thoughts on this... many of us have played MLB The Show and have seen their player customization and what many of those users are capable of doing with what they are given... I've pitched this to Rammer of taking away the heads we are given which lets be honest are just way to plain and old now cause it gets a little boring seeing the same face every year and you can't really do much with them... so EA adds Player Customization Sliders which give us not only the option for making ourselves but for making actual players in the gave instead of these plain heads that we have which look nothing like the guys... also if you think about it we are able to create teams which we could build old teams and create old players with these sliders and create possibly old leagues on how EA uses these sliders... MLB The Show has been using these for years and the community not only makes current players but even legends and even go as far as making every past team in the year they chose to do...

In order for this to work though EA would need to offer us not only roster sharing but a player shoring option...

I would totally love seeing this to see what a lot of us could do with this... creating all the old school Sutter's or old school Howe's...

Anyway what do you guys think of this? I'd love to hear your opinions...

Replies

• I think the last time ea had roster sharing was when they were still making the ncaa games. It's a dead feature and ea is against customization so that's out too.

Great ideas but unlikely to ever be implemented. Sadly.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • I think the last time ea had roster sharing was when they were still making the ncaa games. It's a dead feature and ea is against customization so that's out too.

Great ideas but unlikely to ever be implemented. Sadly.

Yeah, well, things need to start changing. We're about a week into the season and the OS boards are dead for hockey. Back in the day, you'd get 10-20 new threads a day until the playoffs. Now? Pfffff. So many have gotten so sick of the same routine every year. Some of these things could have been in place already.

Personally, I'd take player customization first. The ability to edit players appearances who don't have scanned faces would help modes like franchise immensely. I mean, my criteria for trading for a player or signing a free agent is "what do they look like?". Looking at a player that looks nothing like himself or a black player who was left white, really kills it for me. Something to remedy this should have been a priority a long time ago. Forget this crap about, "well, they wear helmets so player likeness isn't important". My 7 year old nephew calls the **** out: "who's that supposed to be?... no, that looks nothing like him... get his picture on your phone... see, he looks like that".

Doesn't Madden have roster sharing? I wouldn't know, I haven't played that game in years. I simply don't like football enough to tolerate EA-frustration.
  • Idk I don't have a console newer than 360 and the only ea sports game on pc is fifa and I don't have origin or a desire to play anything ea.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7