EA Forums - Banner

EA please drop the NHL license ,let another developer take on the series....

We all know the issue with the series,it lacks depth ,it's the same game every year with roster updates.Please let real hockey people make the game.Only if you all would make a solid complete game that plays like it's predecessors.NHL2k series added tons of the little things that complete the game.EA you put out the same game every year ,take features away add them back as a feature a year or two later.Your game is awesome for a couple days then fades away....I really wish you all had competition because you all flourished back in the day.NHL series is just good,not great.You never took this game to the next level,I was really hoping you would have with the current consoles.Thanks for your time if you even read this.

Replies

• Being a strictly online eashl/drop player I don't even care about the license. I would be soo happy for a game to come out with no NHL players but a great online game.
  • Umh... EA doesn't have the exclusive rights to NHL. Any developer can make an NHL game at any time they want. The problem is that hockey is a niche game and every other developer knows this, which means that at best they can hope that they can pull a few hundred thousand users away from EA, but the rest will keep on buying EA NHL as long as EA keeps putting one in store shelves.
  • I thought they had exclusive rights,blocking anyone from developing an NHL licensed game.
  • 19redwing wrote: »
    I thought they had exclusive rights,blocking anyone from developing an NHL licensed game.

Nope. And you're not alone. How did so many people get misinformed on this?
  • Not sure.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    19redwing wrote: »
    I thought they had exclusive rights,blocking anyone from developing an NHL licensed game.

Nope. And you're not alone. How did so many people get misinformed on this?

Ignorance.
    PSN: B-Bunny
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!