EA Forums - Banner

Puck farming should not be aloud

I don’t really care about what people think about this post but I want to say this puck farming And multiple accounts should be absolutely illegal in NHL hut people should not be allowed to have multiple accounts and Puck farm because it’s unfair to other people Yeah you should find these people that puck farm and suspend them from playing NHL 18 if they’re going to break your rules or you should take away hut challenges because that’s what you should do Ea sports there should be absolutely zero tolerance for puck farming and making other accounts Everybody that got their players by Puck farming And multiple accounts they should have their team taken away from them and suspended from online game playing because it should be zero tolerance for puck farming

Replies

• How do you grow pucks in NHL '18?

Brawndo. Lots of Brawndo.

Brawndo. Lots of Brawndo.

It’s got what pucks crave!
  • I agree, puck farming should not be aloud. It should be done quietly.
  • EA should do something about the 3 IP booters in the top 10 of CS before banning everyone that does challenges on alternate accounts. They won’t do either though. lol
  • EA should do something about the 3 IP booters in the top 10 of CS before banning everyone that does challenges on alternate accounts. They won’t do either though. lol

Is it Sony and MS that allow people to find your ip or is it specific to NHL?

I believe that is a Sony/MS issue. I notice it too in RL when the connection is smooth as butter until I start playing too well for my opponent's taste. Bringing the ball upfield for an almost sure goal? Suddenly there is some variation of frame skipping and/or fat man lag like NHL has. The moment my opponent gets possession back, of course the connection is good again lol Obvious lag switcher/connection manipulator in such a case.

Some people care too much about a fake leaderboard you know?

I believe that is a Sony/MS issue. I notice it too in RL when the connection is smooth as butter until I start playing too well for my opponent's taste. Bringing the ball upfield for an almost sure goal? Suddenly there is some variation of frame skipping and/or fat man lag like NHL has. The moment my opponent gets possession back, of course the connection is good again lol Obvious lag switcher/connection manipulator in such a case.

it's a problem of peer to peer gaming where you have a console with potentially questionable network access to begin with, having their upload (or download, but usually upload) impacted by either nefarious actions taken by a user on the network or their network not being able to handle the traffic demand of the UE on their network.

solution:

yep.... don't worry about climbing a leaderboard for a game mode that operates in peer to peer mode.

or any game or any game mode for that matter.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    EA should do something about the 3 IP booters in the top 10 of CS before banning everyone that does challenges on alternate accounts. They won’t do either though. lol

it's a problem of peer to peer gaming where you have a console with potentially questionable network access to begin with, having their upload (or download, but usually upload) impacted by either nefarious actions taken by a user on the network or their network not being able to handle the traffic demand of the UE on their network.

solution:

yep.... don't worry about climbing a leaderboard for a game mode that operates in peer to peer mode.

Without going in to detail, you need specific software to IP boot and the knowledge to use it. There are more games that legitimately lag than people who are IP booting.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    EA should do something about the 3 IP booters in the top 10 of CS before banning everyone that does challenges on alternate accounts. They won’t do either though. lol

solution:

Without going in to detail, you need specific software to IP boot and the knowledge to use it. There are more games that legitimately lag than people who are IP booting.

yep, aware and agree as far as IP booting. i think they were talking about auto-magical lag. that's not all that complicated and any dork in a peer to peer environment can do that while they eat their Crustables ™

• Sinbin
    1331 posts Member

yep, aware and agree as far as IP booting. i think they were talking about auto-magical lag. that's not all that complicated and any dork in a peer to peer environment can do that while they eat their Crustables ™

Auto-magical lag? What is that exactly?

• Sinbin wrote: »

Auto-magical lag? What is that exactly?

manipulating your upload throughput in a peer to peer environment, for example.