EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 - Gameplay trailer

Check out all we've shared about the new features and discuss it right here.

Not sure what’s going on the last two days...

But I’m experiencing a lot of slippin’ and slidin’ with the skating online. It wasn’t like this for the week or so prior to this when I first bought it. Now it’s feeling like NHL 15/16 again. Can’t square up or open up to the play without sliding around. I don’t get it. They had it pretty good this year (relatively) and the game was actually alright. It’s not fun right now.

Replies

• The skating online hasn't been consistently usable since Legacy on PS3/360, and even there it was a long shot at best. I'm sure it plays well for those with zero latency, but what percent of the population actually have that?
  • The skating online hasn't been consistently usable since Legacy on PS3/360, and even there it was a long shot at best. I'm sure it plays well for those with zero latency, but what percent of the population actually have that?

Dang it. You said, "online" in the opening. I was gonna retort with those who play offline have no latency... Lol
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • It’s brutal it went as nigh as 972 ping at one point. Been consistently lower than 20 ALWAYS except for the last couple nights. Can’t win a face off to save my life, can’t square up to a puck carrier while skating backwards. Called my internet company nothing’s changed from that end. Network stats on XB1 are normal. I need help I’m not good with computers or tech and I can’t figure out what it is.
  • Did you try unplugging your modem and router for 10 or so seconds. Then plug the modem in and wait for it to fully light up and plug the router back in.
  • Yup I tried that too
  • Have you tried not downloading internet **** while you play video games?
  • Nothing downloading. Last game was even worse because it showed I had average 18 ping but i could feel that slipperiness at times during the game and at other times it would be fine.
  • It’s not you. It’s the servers. The NHL Online community has died a slow, gruesome death. It’s a ghost town now.
  • I have gig fiber at home and am hard wired to my PS4. I always play center and I can tell when something is off with the connection because I am fairly good at faceoffs. When I am losing a bunch in a row without fail when it goes between periods I don't show full green bars. It doesn't make sense because when I run speed tests everything is fine.
  • You know what ? You shouldnt have to unplug everything twice and blow into the wires and massage them for 30 minutes and give a bit of fore play in order to have a decent connection and no disconnects. No other game I’ve played does this or needs this.
  • But I’m experiencing a lot of slippin’ and slidin’ with the skating online. It wasn’t like this for the week or so prior to this when I first bought it. Now it’s feeling like NHL 15/16 again. Can’t square up or open up to the play without sliding around. I don’t get it. They had it pretty good this year (relatively) and the game was actually alright. It’s not fun right now.

Yo for any of you's who don't know, the skating engine that ea uses in their game since they implemented it as being "all new" is actually the same skating engine that 2k had in their games back when they made them up until 2010. It's really not all new. That's why there were so many physics problems with hitting and puck bounces when the game first came out.

The skating didn't match the rest of the game and they had to remodel it around that engine

• Back to normal today thank god but fingers are crossed for sure.