EA Forums - Banner

Please adapt! Stop whining!

Prev13

Replies

• Ahhh... the good ol’ “EA Sway”. Snap back and forth like a pendulum while the defensiveman does a disco dance on roller skates.
  • Voicing your opinion on the awful state of the game is fine. It's to continually allow it to frustrate you that is a problem.

If you're dead set on playing the game in this state adapt to the broken nature of it and deal. It's much better than just becoming frustrated with a terrible product.

Still continue to tell them its broken, but not from a point of frustration because they tend to tune that out in my experience with these devs and this forum.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    You can't adapt to input delay, you will always be a 1/2 second behind your opponents, this game is reactionary, not based on making predictions.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    You can't adapt to input delay, you will always be a 1/2 second behind your opponents, this game is reactionary, not based on making predictions.

If you're legitimately 500ms behind in this game you've got some serious issues on your end to take care of. If you claim it's the only game it happens in, then either one half second is an over exaggeration or you just don't notice it in the other games you play as they might be better at concealing the latency than nhl.

If you're legitimately 500ms behind in this game you've got some serious issues on your end to take care of. If you claim it's the only game it happens in, then either one half second is an over exaggeration or you just don't notice it in the other games you play as they might be better at concealing the latency than nhl.

Here's the thing Metal. I played a few VS games of 17 on the One the last day or so where my players felt like they were 500 lbs playing on those double-bladed skates they have for noobs. Both games showed a flat-lined 22-24ms throughout the game with no noticeable spikes. My players couldn't move, they couldn't pass, they couldn't shoot, and they lost the puck just from my opponent skating within 5 feet of me. My opponents were speedy, fluent, and could do everything they were supposed to do just fine. They were teams filled with 150-lb Red Bull addicts.

According to my own speed and latency tests AND those provided in-game there was no indication of anything that would cause problems of any sort on my end. Need I mention that this is the ONLY game that "acts up" at all....EVER. EA's NHL games are the ONLY games that give me problems online. I can do anything else I want online without ANY problems.

I just want people to stop passing it off as a "It's a problem with your setup" issue because there is clearly nothing in my setup showing that the problem is "my setup." It just seems a bit odd how many people have claimed over the years that this is the only game that gives them problems, yet some people still claim that their equipment is the root cause of it all, and I really beg to differ.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    sgiz1 wrote: »

Here's the thing Metal. I played a few VS games of 17 on the One the last day or so where my players felt like they were 500 lbs playing on those double-bladed skates they have for noobs. Both games showed a flat-lined 22-24ms throughout the game with no noticeable spikes. My players couldn't move, they couldn't pass, they couldn't shoot, and they lost the puck just from my opponent skating within 5 feet of me. My opponents were speedy, fluent, and could do everything they were supposed to do just fine. They were teams filled with 150-lb Red Bull addicts.

According to my own speed and latency tests AND those provided in-game there was no indication of anything that would cause problems of any sort on my end. Need I mention that this is the ONLY game that "acts up" at all....EVER. EA's NHL games are the ONLY games that give me problems online. I can do anything else I want online without ANY problems.

I just want people to stop passing it off as a "It's a problem with your setup" issue because there is clearly nothing in my setup showing that the problem is "my setup." It just seems a bit odd how many people have claimed over the years that this is the only game that gives them problems, yet some people still claim that their equipment is the root cause of it all, and I really beg to differ.

You need to test for packet loss. Speed isn't the issue. You don't need a fast connection to play without lag.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    SpillGal wrote: »

I know this sounds like a dumb question, but did you try to backskate? It doesn't look like you did.

Sinbin is right about packet loss. Also I never said anything about it just being a latency issue. Maybe it's your TV that causes the input delay. I know mine does because it's a TV and I use it as a monitor. It's not 500ms of delay but it is noticeable. Seeing as the consoles are closer to pc than ever before maybe you need to look into a monitor instead of a TV for gaming on them.
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    I know this sounds like a dumb question, but did you try to backskate? It doesn't look like you did.
    That's not a dumb question Sinbin. I did not backskate there, it might have gone better if I did.
    I was trying to show how this whiffing on onetimers destroys everyones urge to actually play passes.
    You're better of wiggling and letting go a wrister. To me, this is whats holding the game back the most.
  • sgiz1
    537 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    "If you're legitimately 500ms behind in this game you've got some serious issues on your end to take care of."

Not on my end, I've listed in here many times the 50 steps I've taken to make sure my system is running optimally. I believe living in the deep south USA is reason to believe my routing takes many more hops than others creating latency/delay issues.

However, since we all pay the same amount for this game, as customers we are all equal and should get an equal gaming experience. EA server, net code, etc. only gives a portion of their customers this great online gaming experience, which is on them!! not me or us the consumer to fix. Thus the reason I lobby as often as I can for them to improve the gaming experience for "all" of their loyal paying customers.
  • That was some of the worst defending I've ever seen but it's a classic case of you're better off jiggling and sniping than making hockey plays that aren't rewarding.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    SpillGal wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »
    That's not a dumb question Sinbin. I did not backskate there, it might have gone better if I did.
    I was trying to show how this whiffing on onetimers destroys everyones urge to actually play passes.
    You're better of wiggling and letting go a wrister. To me, this is whats holding the game back the most.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the confusion. It looks like you're behind the pass and shooting late. No, I'm not making up excuses like I get accused of. I've definitely seen shots that get fanned on, but this looks like an issue with timing and aim.
    "If you're legitimately 500ms behind in this game you've got some serious issues on your end to take care of."

Not on my end, I've listed in here many times the 50 steps I've taken to make sure my system is running optimally. I believe living in the deep south USA is reason to believe my routing takes many more hops than others creating latency/delay issues.

However, since we all pay the same amount for this game, as customers we are all equal and should get an equal gaming experience. EA server, net code, etc. only gives a portion of their customers this great online gaming experience, which is on them!! not me or us the consumer to fix. Thus the reason I lobby as often as I can for them to improve the gaming experience for "all" of their loyal paying customers.

That's valid but that's less ea's issue than it is scum bag isp's who don't upgrade or maintain their infrastructure in areas like yours. EA can only do so much to help you. Problem is either talking to the isp or ea you are the minority and they are less likely to give a hoot about you.

EA doesn't care about loyalty or consumer rights. You pay them they are happy. Nothing will change in this game and the world until the rich stop making money off of us giving it to them on stupid things.

Sinbin is right about packet loss. Also I never said anything about it just being a latency issue. Maybe it's your TV that causes the input delay. I know mine does because it's a TV and I use it as a monitor. It's not 500ms of delay but it is noticeable. Seeing as the consoles are closer to pc than ever before maybe you need to look into a monitor instead of a TV for gaming on them.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that and know that packet loss is worse than anything. 99.9% of the time it shows up as 0% packet loss. In the rare even that I do get packet loss it's usually less than 5% and is usually remedied by a full reset of my modem and router.

As far as the TV goes, I use a 60 inch Samsung 4K unit with Game Mode enabled. For testing purposes I have experimented with my 27 inch Asus 1080p monitor and the results don't seem to vary between the screens. The only thing I can see (and I have to really be looking) is the menus are just a smidge faster to respond to my input through the monitor, but it surely isn't a game-changer by any means.

I should clarify that it's not so much an input latency as it is a fat-man issue, like anything that requires an animation of any sort just seems to take longer to "play out" than it should. It feels like everything I try to do is half-speed half-power compared to my opponents. This is what it felt like yesterday and today for me to play, but if I go back a few days prior to that my players seemed fine. I compare internet stats for both scenarios and they are always identical to each other. How can the stats be the same all the time but the game-play quality is always pinged to one side of the spectrum or the other? There is no in between.
  • That was some of the worst defending I've ever seen but it's a classic case of you're better off jiggling and sniping than making hockey plays that aren't rewarding.

LOL. Here's my take on things: Offense is trying to create something. Build a play up. Be creative and put together beautiful plays. Defense is trying to destroy all that. I guess it shows.
  • When is ea's server maintenance day? Does the game seem best closest to this day and get worse the further from it you are? When these issues arise is it peak time for other ea titles as well? There are many variables and we must peruse all of them.
  • SpillGal wrote: »
    That was some of the worst defending I've ever seen but it's a classic case of you're better off jiggling and sniping than making hockey plays that aren't rewarding.

LOL. Here's my take on things: Offense is trying to create something. Build a play up. Be creative and put together beautiful plays. Defense is trying to destroy all that. I guess it shows.

Why you haven't been given a coaching job at the NHL level is beyond me.
  • Why you haven't been given a coaching job at the NHL level is beyond me.
    Nah! I wonder....
    Sinbin wrote: »
    Thanks for clearing that up. Sorry for the confusion. It looks like you're behind the pass and shooting late. No, I'm not making up excuses like I get accused of. I've definitely seen shots that get fanned on, but this looks like an issue with timing and aim.
    Maybe my timing is off, I don't know.
    It's more that I feel they are really close to a great game. (Looping aside, I'm confident they will fix that one)
    Game is good enough to let you set up plays all day long but the finisher is where it goes wrong.
    Broken stick, fanned shot, no shot (that's new), missed net and spiderman goalies.
    I think it's the backside of trying to implement some physical laws, there is a lot of things that can go wrong when you try to score by moving the puck, as it should be. But where it is right now it goes down the drain too often, which causes carrying the puck and throw a wrister, to be the safest play.

Now, if they upped the goalies on wristers from the outside and slowed them a bit on lateral movement.
    Raised the success rate on one-timers and slowed down lateral movement of puck carriers, they would promote teamplay just by tuners.
    Same with passing, which is fine in my book. Interceptions are not.
    I won't play a pass if the passing lane is blocked (of course I misread things, but I won't do it on purpose).
    A lot of my opponents don't care about that, they just throw the pass right through my player and the game rewards them for that. To me, this is game breaking and beyond frustrating.

I believe that if they tuned these things a little better, game would be immensely more fun.

• What I don't understand is two EA products FIFA and NHL

FIFA... I can play a game without any lag or issues of being kicked or anything for that matter...

NHL... My guy looks slow after two minutes of gameplay... I get weird spikes where i'll slow down then speed up... I'll experience what seems to be some weird controller lag where I'm slamming the opposite direction only to finally change that direction 5 seconds after pushing it... I randomly get disconnected even though all my bars are green and am not experience any internet issues
  • What I don't understand is two EA products FIFA and NHL

FIFA... I can play a game without any lag or issues of being kicked or anything for that matter...

NHL... My guy looks slow after two minutes of gameplay... I get weird spikes where i'll slow down then speed up... I'll experience what seems to be some weird controller lag where I'm slamming the opposite direction only to finally change that direction 5 seconds after pushing it... I randomly get disconnected even though all my bars are green and am not experience any internet issues

NHL is the ONLY game I’ve ever played that just randomly disconnects me despite my perfect connection which is wired always