EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 1st

Check out our latest content update, bug fixes & key areas on which we need your feedback here.

Removing Penalty Shot from EASHL 3'S?

Is there any talk of removing this ridiculous thing?

Replies

• Socair
    1754 posts Game Changer
    One can dream.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    edited November 2017
    No, i think its fine as is. Better without ai.
    NHL Gamechanger
    PSN: B-Bunny
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/b_bunny
  • Socair
    1754 posts Game Changer
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    So there’s no chance of 3v2 pp’s?
  • I agree with bunny. Keep AI out of eashl at all costs. 3v2 could be doable but what about 2 man advantages? 3v1? What if that guy takes a penalty? 3v0?
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    Socair wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    So there’s no chance of 3v2 pp’s?

And then what if two penalties? 3v1? And if he takes one?

This is the better alternative.
    NHL Gamechanger
  • Workin_OT
    469 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    symmer1983 wrote: »
    I agree with bunny. Keep AI out of eashl at all costs. 3v2 could be doable but what about 2 man advantages? 3v1? What if that guy takes a penalty? 3v0?

3v1 is clearly not doable. The idea of 3v2 then penalty shots has been thrown about on here.

I don't mind what we have now. 3v4 with AI was terrible in comparison.
  • Right. But say it is 3v2 then the short handed team gets a penalty and it’s a delayed penalty call - the player in the box comes back on the ice during the delayed penalty call. Does the penalized player then go into the box or does it go to a penalty shot because the ref’s arm went up while it was 3v2?

The simplest solution is just to avoid all of these situations that you would have to program and just go straight to penalty shots.
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    Right. But say it is 3v2 then the short handed team gets a penalty and it’s a delayed penalty call - the player in the box comes back on the ice during the delayed penalty call. Does the penalized player then go into the box or does it go to a penalty shot because the ref’s arm went up while it was 3v2?

The simplest solution is just to avoid all of these situations that you would have to program and just go straight to penalty shots.

For sure this is the simplest solution. We aren't making the game though, we shouldn't be concerned about what is the simplest. As players we should be concerned about what is best for gameplay.

Straight to penalty shots may be the best thing too, it's certainly better than 3v4 with AI. It's possible 3v2 then to penalty shots may be better still though, and again maybe not.
  • Don't take penalties. Problem solved.
  • It's fine the way it is. Minimizes computers and awards a scoring chance for the other team being dumb
  • Socair
    1754 posts Game Changer
    If another penalty occurs during 3v2 why not just swap the guy out of the box and keep it as an extended 3v2? I know it’s way more complicated and probably not programmable.
  • If a penalty occurs at 3 v 2 then you just add time onto the penalty...
  • B-Bunny
    871 posts Game Changer
    edited November 2017
    guacapoli wrote: »
    If a penalty occurs at 3 v 2 then you just add time onto the penalty...

Sooo the poor guy who took the first penalty gets to serve his penalty and someone elses? No..
    NHL Gamechanger
  • 3v2 then penalty shot is the only fair way of doing it. That at least provides a buffer for those RNG penalties to not creep up on a team and ruin the match.
  • Socair
    1754 posts Game Changer
    Well can we at least add boarding and charging calls into 3s then? Kinda getting tired of getting destroyed and injured but not getting the beloved penalty shot.
  • Socair wrote: »
    Well can we at least add boarding and charging calls into 3s then? Kinda getting tired of getting destroyed and injured but not getting the beloved penalty shot.

It's so **** how you can just skate around, charge and destroy anyone on the ice and get no penalties but a trip can alter the entire game. I got used to the PS but so sick of the boarding and hitting from behind. They are fairly easy to avoid open ice but horrific on the boards