EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Xbox one x patch

Prev1
Any news when we get enchanments patch?

Replies

• Tylytys wrote: »
    Any news when we get enchanments patch?

Probably soon after the X officially releases. At most by the end of this week, I don't think EA has outlined a schedule for when it will roll out with the big "4K" Update.

Expect it to be huge. Some games have reportedly clocked in over 100GB downloads to "enhance" them on the Xbox One X.
  • BassMan_PC
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    You should expect the update to be fairly small actually as it just adds 4K output like the PS4 Pro. That is of course if it is not already included in the existing version of the game.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    You should expect the update to be fairly small actually as it just adds 4K output like the PS4 Pro. That is of course if it is not already included in the existing version of the game.

This was from an IGN article:

RA0ESwC5TRKgVcdq8QCslQ.png
  • Do you honestly think EA is going to put any effort into this game to take full advantage of the X1X this year? Game assets will remain the same and it will get 4K output like the PS4 Pro version.
  • I believe the game isn't complete 4k and simply just the players and rink. The fans aren't of upgraded quality.
  • BassMan_PC
    336 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    Follisimo wrote: »
    I believe the game isn't complete 4k and simply just the players and rink. The fans aren't of upgraded quality.

4K is a resolution. Whether or not the game uses high quality assets does not dictate 4K. The added resolution from 4K allows you to see more detail and appreciate high quality assets. Higher quality assets benefit lower resolutions as well. Things like more polygons and better textures can be noticed when closer to the object at lower resolutions.
  • After all it'll be just polished turd in 4K. Or 8K. Or whatever K.
  • Just remember the first time they released the "next gen" consoles they said they would run 4k @ 60 fps. They couldn't even do 1080p at 60. Up to you guys, but personally I'd much rather build a pc and know what is going into it rather than something pre-built that might not live up to the expectations.

The problem is a lot of demos they show for this kind of thing are run on a pc but they make it appear as if it's on the console.
    Steam: Dinkus The Stinkus https://kek.gg/u/32_H7
  • Just remember the first time they released the "next gen" consoles they said they would run 4k @ 60 fps. They couldn't even do 1080p at 60. Up to you guys, but personally I'd much rather build a pc and know what is going into it rather than something pre-built that might not live up to the expectations.

The problem is a lot of demos they show for this kind of thing are run on a pc but they make it appear as if it's on the console.

Watch Dogs was an excellent example of this this.

On another note, I am still on the fence on which game to get to take advantage of such hardware, anyone have suggestions?
    Read some of my stuff at www.sportsprowler.com
  • It depends on the game. For releases that already run at 60 FPS, you will be able to run them in 4k 60 FPS (like Halo 5..GOW 4 ETC) They will not allow this if the regular xbox (or S) doesn't run MP at 60 FPS because the inherent advantage this will provide in MP games. Still for the price you pay and what you get it's not a bad deal. You can't build a PC with this power for under $800 right now.
  • It depends on the game. For releases that already run at 60 FPS, you will be able to run them in 4k 60 FPS (like Halo 5..GOW 4 ETC) They will not allow this if the regular xbox (or S) doesn't run MP at 60 FPS because the inherent advantage this will provide in MP games. Still for the price you pay and what you get it's not a bad deal. You can't build a PC with this power for under $800 right now.

The bit about multi player is just stupid. PC doesn't cater down to those who may have lesser hardware. If you choose to have lesser hardware and choose to run the game at settings that doesn't allow your hardware to get a stable 60 fps that's your fault.

Also if you do build a pc that can run 4k it will likely last much longer than the xbone will. I had my previous pc for 7 years before I decided to upgrade my gpu. The rest of it might come for Xmas depending on my bonus this year and if I spend it on my rifles instead.

From there though I can predict at least another 10 years before I have to upgrade. How long did the ps4 and xbone 1 last before they had to release upgraded hardware?

There's also the need to upgrade vs the want which many console users seem to ignore. I didn't have to upgrade at all but I had extra money and chose to. I could have kept running my older hardware because I don't have a 4k monitor so no reason to be 4k capable although I think my cpu is holding me back from 4k atm.
  • Rename85419
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    I chose to upgrade as well if only to take advantage of the 55" 4K TV I already own. I used to keep up with PC's, just not that into it anymore. And I do agree with you: Forcing a level playing field is just the the direction they decided to go. PC doesn't cater down to this for good reason, there is no set standard with a PC and their specs which one of the big reasons there are so many problems with PC games on launch until manufactures get graphics drivers issues sorted out. I just don't have the time for that anymore.

The PC will last longer but you will pay a premium for it. That's fine, I used to do this. The console generation has a much longer life span then they used to. All you have to do is look back at how long the 360/PS3 compared the previous generation to see this.
  • https://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

This is a decent article comparing what you can get. For me the xbox one x was the way to go if only just to take advantage of HDR/4K TV I've had for the last 8 months.
  • https://www.pcworld.com/article/3200767/gaming/xbox-one-x-pc-build.html

This is a decent article comparing what you can get. For me the xbox one x was the way to go if only just to take advantage of HDR/4K TV I've had for the last 8 months.

I know I throw around the #PCMasterRace a lot but I understand that consoles have a time and place. They are much easier to pickup and play on than pc. On the flip side games tend to cost more and also the communities tend to die off faster.

Your statement about launch issues is why I stay away from most every game on launch. The only ones I will play on launch are those in E.A. that I've already been playing.

PC also allows me far more options to avoid playing aaa games from the likes of ea, 2k, ubi and acti. Some of my most played games have dev teams that are around 20 to 50 people. They pour their hearts and souls into their projects and actually listen to their community and make something truly great and special.

I was predominantly a console gamer and found the glory of pc and can't and won't ever turn back.
  • Yeah I used to be almost exclusive PC as well As I have aged I have gone back to consoles for whatever reason. Go figure.
  • Some of those smaller dev team games have eeked their way onto the xbox one. Have found some hidden gems in there. You do get more options on PC though that's for sure.
  • I'm thinking of getting a OX just for the HDR aspect. (I know I could get it on the Xbox S, but why go small). I have a $2000 PC that doesn't have any HDR compatible games. I want to burn out my retina's staring at 1000 Nit pixels!
  • Yeah I used to be almost exclusive PC as well As I have aged I have gone back to consoles for whatever reason. Go figure.

My guess is the ease of playability. No settings to worry about, just power on and go.
  • BassMan_PC wrote: »
    Do you honestly think EA is going to put any effort into this game to take full advantage of the X1X this year? Game assets will remain the same and it will get 4K output like the PS4 Pro version.

yes they will make use of the x just like they made use of the kinect.....the wut?
    THE...Detriot Frenzy Alumni
  • Madden 18 is like a totally different game. FIFA 18 not so much. They both use Frostbite though.