EA Forums - Banner

Competitive Season woes..

I fully understand the point system for CS but something I don't get is the end results.

You win a game against a better opposition you get 100+ points
You lose a game against a worse opposition and you lose 100+ points.

Problem is I usually always seem to lose against the guys I should beat easily so end up losing 160+ points multiple times and then being only able to beat these guys a couple of times.

Then against the opponents who are Way better than me I take them to close games, losing by the 1 goal in OT or in 3rd period and get no reward and they get perhaps 8 points at most.

Is the point system wrong as it doesn't reward for effort only result which can be skewed without you knowing.

Replies

• I think the problem is matchmaking.. I have the same problem in this round, all the games I win give me like 12 pts and when I lose it’s 100+ so I’m like 3000 right now
  • verrette99 wrote: »
    I think the problem is matchmaking.. I have the same problem in this round, all the games I win give me like 12 pts and when I lose it’s 100+ so I’m like 3000 right now

I am hovering around 12000.

I ain't the greatest player but boy it's messing with my mojo.

It's like a struggle to win games you should crush.

Lose badly against someone you are dominating

Beat someone you should be hammered.

I find it hard to judge oponents and you have no idea who you are playing against and the point value available.