Where is the Loop/Resetting patch

13Next

Replies

• MarxQc
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    NHLDev wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    And we appreciate that! I do have to ask, how much input do WE the buying consumers have in this process?

As a former Usher at CONSOL Energy Center (5/2011 - 2/2015), I can tell you the FANS have a lot of input on how/what the Penguins / SMG / Aramark can do to improve the quality of the Game Day experience. The Pens Organization have the Ushers hand out a small (usually 2 page) questionnaire....in the one questionnaire was a couple Pens uniform questuions (forget actual wordage) "How would you feel about the possible return of Pittsburgh Gold" "How do you feel about the possibility of the Pens wearing the early 90's Stanley Cup uniforms (or something like that). Remind me again what uniforms the Pens are wearing right now? Now, how much REAL FAN input was put into the Pens decision to GO BACK to the '88-'92 Style uniform with the Pittsburgh Gold (there was rumor of doing the '88-'92 style but keeping Vegas Gold...WBS used that style color scheme as an alternate in '13/'14 and it was very popular) I don't know but as an Usher, I have talked many different people (face to face) in different sections that WANTED the '88-'92 Pittsburgh Gold uniform to come back

I guess it depends what parts of the community you ask around different parts and features of the game. Everything we do is with intent to improve the experience for our existing players and/or to attract more hockey fans that want to enjoy a virtual hockey experience.

For example, I have seen yourself and others say that they didn't ask for better crowds, mascots, etc. but there are plenty of people out there where the authenticity of the world is important in adding to their immersion. There are certain expectations for visuals and audio quality and we look to hit and surpass that.

When we looked at our deking feature set for NHL 18, we took a ton of feedback regarding what people liked about the previous deking systems and mechanics in the game as we looked to add new moves that we see top players pulling off and also took a lot of the feedback around balance and tried to incorporate it all into what we delivered.

Those are just a couple examples but in all cases, we are very aware of what people are asking for, even when we are adding something new.

We also do a lot of surveys as you mentioned the Pens do, run User Experience sessions throughout development and started programs like Gamechangers to have members act as voices for their respective communities where can have more candid dialogue due to the NDA's in place.

What i read here is, that the visual aspect of the game is higher on the priority list than game play, in order to bring more customer.
    On the other hand, i'll repeat myself, the customer wants better control over his player and his actions on the ice( to have more fun ) and by extention on the outcome of everything. and that if they'd HAD to choose. They'd choose better gameplay over visual perfection( like mascots) In the best of world they could have both but its not a perfect world. That what has been said. Not that they didnt ask for it.

About that reference: If the pens were loosing 20 games in a row, i doubt that they'd go out and ask what jersey they should wear. and Also the feedback is not on the product ( the hockey players on the ice ) They'Re not gonna ask feedback about letting go of Fleury. Wich is ok btw...
  • MarxQc wrote: »
    And we appreciate that! I do have to ask, how much input do WE the buying consumers have in this process?

As a former Usher at CONSOL Energy Center (5/2011 - 2/2015), I can tell you the FANS have a lot of input on how/what the Penguins / SMG / Aramark can do to improve the quality of the Game Day experience. The Pens Organization have the Ushers hand out a small (usually 2 page) questionnaire....in the one questionnaire was a couple Pens uniform questuions (forget actual wordage) "How would you feel about the possible return of Pittsburgh Gold" "How do you feel about the possibility of the Pens wearing the early 90's Stanley Cup uniforms (or something like that). Remind me again what uniforms the Pens are wearing right now? Now, how much REAL FAN input was put into the Pens decision to GO BACK to the '88-'92 Style uniform with the Pittsburgh Gold (there was rumor of doing the '88-'92 style but keeping Vegas Gold...WBS used that style color scheme as an alternate in '13/'14 and it was very popular) I don't know but as an Usher, I have talked many different people (face to face) in different sections that WANTED the '88-'92 Pittsburgh Gold uniform to come back

I guess it depends what parts of the community you ask around different parts and features of the game. Everything we do is with intent to improve the experience for our existing players and/or to attract more hockey fans that want to enjoy a virtual hockey experience.

For example, I have seen yourself and others say that they didn't ask for better crowds, mascots, etc. but there are plenty of people out there where the authenticity of the world is important in adding to their immersion. There are certain expectations for visuals and audio quality and we look to hit and surpass that.

When we looked at our deking feature set for NHL 18, we took a ton of feedback regarding what people liked about the previous deking systems and mechanics in the game as we looked to add new moves that we see top players pulling off and also took a lot of the feedback around balance and tried to incorporate it all into what we delivered.

Those are just a couple examples but in all cases, we are very aware of what people are asking for, even when we are adding something new.

We also do a lot of surveys as you mentioned the Pens do, run User Experience sessions throughout development and started programs like Gamechangers to have members act as voices for their respective communities where can have more candid dialogue due to the NDA's in place.

What i read here is, that the visual aspect of the game is higher on the priority list than game play, in order to bring more customer.
    On the other hand, i'll repeat myself, the customer wants better control over his player and his actions on the ice( to have more fun ) and by extention on the outcome of everything. and that if they'd HAD to choose. They'd choose better gameplay over visual perfection( like mascots) In the best of world they could have both but its not a perfect world. That what has been said. Not that they didnt ask for it.

About that reference: If the pens were loosing 20 games in a row, i doubt that they'd go out and ask what jersey they should wear. and Also the feedback is not on the product ( the hockey players on the ice ) They'Re not gonna ask feedback about letting go of Fleury. Wich is ok btw...

Thing is there will always be guys dedicated to the art on a larger dev team like is on this game so someone will be working on the art side while others are working on the game play side.

If it was a 20 man team that would be a totally different situation.
  • MarxQc
    85 posts Member
    edited November 2017
    MarxQc wrote: »

Thing is there will always be guys dedicated to the art on a larger dev team like is on this game so someone will be working on the art side while others are working on the game play side.

IT all comes down to choices and priority anyways...
    And im just sayin what ive Read in the forum.
  • MarxQc wrote: »
    MarxQc wrote: »

IT all comes down to choices and priority anyways...
    And im just sayin what ive Read in the forum.

I understand that. I'm just saying regardless of priorities one group will always be dedicated to the art and graphics. One group will handle the physics, another will handle animations, etc.
  • "Minimally viable product" !

Dont expect any major fixes or improvements to Gameplay Issues as long as HUT keeps bringing in the $$$ .
  • The part that's the most disappointing is they refuse to go back to what worked when they were making "sports game of the year" awards. What were the differences? Control. Competition. Lobbies. People able to play the game, and not taking 8 years to do so.

The game wasn't perfect, it had bugs, glitches, exploits, but the players absolutely loved it. They just wanted more of a sim back in those days. They wanted goalies to have variability so the same shot didn't go in every time, they wanted pokechecking to be a bit more powerful, they wanted interceptions to actually happen. Well, they did pretty much all of that but removed the core gameplay of good control, servers that actually worked and the lobby system.

They never improve without taking something away.